Nightmare

The Black Cat

 

 

- Valley Inn Hotel, 07:48 PM -

 

 

"what are you doing?" she eyed him from head to toe

"what? I'm bad and you're bad but we can't do anything bad here?" he teases

 

she's only wearing the hotel's bathrobe while he's only wearing his jeans. her hair were tangled into a messy bun on the lower side of  her head while his hair was half wet from shower.

 

he walked towards her until she feel the cold tile of the kitchen's table on her back.

 

"ya...stop right there."

 

despite of stopping, he keep moving forward, decreasing the space between them. his hot breath meets her skin as he whisper

 

"come with me, Nora.."

 

"how did you know my-"

her words stopped as he grabbed her waist and pull her againts his body. his skin was warm due to hot shower he had earlier.

 

"-name.." she continue

 

"you know mine, now we're even." he whispered

 

he began to kiss her jawline, down to the crook of the neck. he burried his face on her neck as he inhale the scent of her body and think about how much he missed that scent.

her empty hands that hung besides her making a move to his chest and pushed him lightly.

he moved an inch backwards. his hands are no longer on her waist. that droopy blue eyes shared pain as it stared deep at hers.

 

"Jack..."

 

"it is you, I knew it."

 

her red eyes drew bigger, her eyebrows frowned. she's trying to hide her knowledge of the fact that she still remember him but she couldn't. it's too late to pretend now, he knew. he knew her too well and vice versa.  she knew that he can tell if she lied again. lying right now, will only make her look stupid. even so, she's still arguing about whether she should lie again or not.

 

"don't lie."

as if he could read her mind. he ask her not to lie.

 

"don't even think of lying to me. I know you. so stop pretending that you don't know me."

the silence once again linger in the spaces around them.

 

"I'm not her." she said, finally, breaking the silence

"Seo Ji Min." he begged, "stop." he begged as he rested his forehead on hers, both of his hands wrapped around her waist

 

"just let me go, Jimin."

 

"do you think I'm going to do that?" he speak, loud.

"yes." she answered. "because I'm gonna make you realize that you've been a nightmare to me. I'm going to show you and make you ashamed of yourself. you've always been my worst nightmare, Park Jimin."

 

with that, she left. while he just stood there.

 

-

 

the truth is, he's never been a nightmare to her. in fact, the night she lost him was her greatest nightmare she wished to wake up from. he would only smile for her. only for her. she recall the moments where his blue eyes turned into cresents as his lips curved from ear to ear. her name is not Nora, and his name is not Jack. they share the same name, Jimin and Ji Min.

 

 

in other hand, being fooled and lied to all this time, he believed the fact that he's a nightmare. he believed this long time ago, found it out himself. he knew it even without the need for her to tell him. but hearing those words from her, aches him.

 

 

 

so there we have, the one who lied, who keep the truth for herself

 

and the one who's been lied. the one who acknowledge the truth.

 

 

'even things like us got this kind of pain too.'