The Disease

Pretexts and (Mis)Contexts

Everyone was stunned (yes, even Jung ah who was inside the car managed to hear Uee’s confession).  It took quite a lot of seconds before anyone could speak again.  “Kim Yoojin, do you realize the enormity of what you’re doing?  Lizzy and E-young are on each others’ throats.  And to make matters worse, you tell them that you were only being sisterly?  That you weren’t interested in them?  Are you narcissistic or something?

Thank God, Nana did not hear this or things will escalate from worse to worst.  You just put the group in peril, Uee.  And YOU have to fix this.  This is so not you.”  Gahee knew that she sounded harsh, but there was no helping it.  She had to get Uee back on her track.

“But I really wasn’t leading them on.  I thought I was being a good unnie by taking care of them and being close to them.”  Kim Uee looked down with a pout.  Gahee could only sigh.  She looked at Jooyeon who standing next to the youngest of the three.  “Unnie, maybe Lizzy and E-young did just misinterpret Uee’s actions towards them.  It can get really confusing when one falls.”

“I hope you’re right.  I need to leave now.  Take care of Uee for me and sort out that thing between you.  I’d like to think that at least one matter will be solved today.  We’ll talk again tomorrow, okay?”  And with that, Jooyeon and Uee thought that things were over for the day; but Gahee looked back at them again, “Uee, you need to think over everything that you did and every single detail of what happened today.  Don’t hate me for this.  I’m just trying to help.”  And Gahee entered her car and drove off.

The ride to Jung ah’s apartment from the dorm was approximately 10 minutes.  The younger girl unbuckled her seatbelt but she did not leave yet.  She looked at her unnie and saw the pain in her eyes.  ‘It got her good.  She won’t be sleeping a blink until this is resolved.  She’s not even our leader anymore… aigoo~’ She sighed at the thought which broke Gahee’s trance.

“What you said earlier, do you think it’s true?”  A heavy sigh came through, not what Jung ah was expecting from the strong woman.  “Let’s hope it’s not… cos if it is, I don’t think it can be cured, ever.”

***

Meanwhile, having said goodbye to her girlfriend and promising her that tomorrow she would be all hers, Jooyeon drove her car to a resto and bar that Uee wanted to go to.

They (or Jooyeon, rather,) ate dinner there.  Knowing that the girl was stressed, Jooyeon did not force Uee to finish her meal.  Instead, she asked for the bill when she was done eating.  Before she could pay though, Uee told her to buy drinks.  Jooyeon thought it was actually a good idea given the situation they were in.  Alcohol would help them loosen up.  She let Uee select their drinks and for once, the girl smiled as she went off the bar.