Auditions

We'll Get Back Together Soon. I Promise.

I must admit I am very nervous about how this audition. I can sing and rap pretty well but it's still nerve racking. If I get accepted I'll be more than 5,000 miles away from my home here in Canada. I hear SM has a very tough trainee program and it could go on for years sometimes even 10 years or more. A sickening feeling grew in my stomach. It was painfully and I felt like throwing up. I can't do this....I'm scared but I have to. It's preobably my only chance of being with her again if we even get back together. I have a couple hours left to practice until my audition. It's all the way in Vancouver and we've got a hour left before we get there. 

At the audition my mom waited next to me while I waited to be called. There were a few non Asians trying to audition most of them were really talented and should have made it but didn't because of their race. Oh well, I hope they become famous here in Canada.

"Kevin Li." The annoucer called. I took a deep breath and my mom pat my back.

"Give it your best sweetie." My mom encouraged me. It boosted my confidence as I walk through the doors. When I walked though the door one face caught my eyes and my heart.

Jia Lyn. That one girl who gave me her heart. I still have it in a jar at home safe and unharmed. The four judges were Key from SHINee, SM Manger, Emiko and Kae who were soloists. 

"So tell me a bit about your self." Manger hyung spoke. I just stared at Kae who looked like she never even met me before. My heart ached a bit but then I looked to the manager to get my mind off it.

"My name is Kevin Li Jiaheng and I'm from the Guangzhou province in China. I moved here to Canada because my mom got a better job here." I said it in Korean so I can get a good first impression for manager hyung. I looked back to Jia Lyn. She looked like she was recognize me more. "I want to become a rapper and I can speak four lanuages well I need a little help with my Korean."

"So are you full Chinese?" Manager asked.

"Yes sir I am full Chinese. Cantonese was my first language then I learned Manadrin then Korean then English." I replied. 

"So are you going to be rapping in Korean or any of those other languages?" The Manger asked

"In Korean. I'll do the rap part of Hello by SHINee." I replied. 

"Great choice!" Key complimented. Everyone knew why obviously he said so. I cleared my throat and began to rap amazing everyone. 

"Awesomesauce!" Kae said. "You've got my vote~" 

"Thanks." I said with a big smile on my face. "I can also sing too."

"Oh really? Let's hear it." She challenged me. I made the please face she always loved to see so I completed the challege. "I shouldn't doubt you now should I?"

"tsshhhh nahhh." I smirked. It felt good to speak to her again after all these years.

"Thank you Mr. Li you should hear back within a week." Manager Hyung replied. He was correct I got my acceptance letter for SM. They told me to wait for a letter to come by mail with my next step of intructions. It could two weeks but it felt like forever.

Inside there was a One way plane ticket to Korea and I paper with a number on it and keys. Must be my dorm room. The day I left for South Korea I couldn't stop hugging my mom. I'm only 16 and already I'm moving out of my mom's. As the plane left I started crying silently.

"Goodbye mom. I'll make you proud I promise."