챕터 2 ( Chapter 2 )

You Are My Cure (너는 내 치료 입니다)

A week had passed, the both of them didn't cross paths, not even once. They had been doing the usual, studying, sleeping, avoiding human contact. For a short moment they both had thought of each other. To them, it was just curiosity. A question that is lingering in their minds, will they ever meet or bump into each other again? Then they had another thought, why were they curious about each other? They had ignored it thinking that it's just probably because they are their ex’s lover’s ex, which they dismissed as just a coincidence.

They knew somewhere deep in their hearts that they wanted to stop avoiding reality and just face it bravely but there’s that fear of getting hurt again. They had this thought too many times that it was just very tiring, all the whys and ifs, it was tiring and annoying for them.

Walking away from all the annoying things in the world is just a preferred shortcut for Taeyeon, She had been skipping classes a lot and is frequenting the library but there's no signs of Jessica at the library at all, not that Taeyeon was looking for her though.

While Jessica wasn’t going to the library for days because she was busy with all the work she was given, although she was very lazy but it would be a drag if she had to do it at a later date so she decided to do it right away. Her sister Kystal was no help too, being an 18 year old girl, she was going to parties all night long and coming home half wasted, being all noisy certainly wasn’t helping her at all. Their relationship was great two years ago but their relationship had slowly worsen to the point that they rarely talk to each other, it was the same to her parents too, although she still talks and smiles to them on rare occasions.

Jessica is rushing to the class as she was 10 minutes late and the professor wasn’t all that forgiving too. Then, she accidentally bumped into someone, and that someone is none other than Taeyeon. She is shocked but then quickly recovered and picked up all the books that were dropped, while Taeyeon is staring at Jessica for a second then snapped out of it and quickly helped to pick everything up.

Sorry I bumped into you. Wasn’t looking.”

No…It’s fine…Are you in a hurry because if you are you probably should get going.”

And you? Where are you going?”

Uh…To the library…I’m skipping Bio class.”

Ahh…”

Aren’t you in a hurry?”

No. Not really.”

Then where are you going?”

To class.”

Taeyeon looked at her Baby-G watch and said

Well you are now 15 minutes late.”

Yeah…might as well skip it now.”

Sorry…”

No. It’s not your fault. It’s mine.”

Well I got to go. Bye.”

Yeah…bye.”

Of course they had realized, realized that they are each other’s longest conversations. The longest conversation in two years. It felt strangely great, to have a normal long conversation with someone.

Taeyeon walked quickly to the library when suddenly a phone rang and it wasn’t Taeyeon’s ringtone, but no one is around her and so she fished her pocket for her phone and answered the call.

It was Jessica’s voice. Although Taeyeon did not speak first Jessica already knew who it was.

Hello.”

Sorry I think we accidentally switched our phones.”

Are you still at the library?”

Yeah.”

I’m coming.”

Wait! I can come to you if you want. I was the who grabbed the wrong phone anyways.”

No. I’m coming.”

“…Okay”

Just like that they hung up. Just like that another long conversation, with each other. They wondered

Why do I keep having long conversations with her? Like everything is normal, Like nothing ever happened. Why?’

Jessica is already on the way to Taeyeon, to get her phone which was an excuse to see her, to get answers. The answers to her questions, questions like why is she able to talk normally to this girl, it had never happened before, the long conversations. She had to get those answers. She needed to know.