Chapter 1: Kill for Money

Of Ten Days

Once Chanyeol found his conscious he could not see anything but darkness. And although this was not his first time to be awake in the middle of darkness he felt the rush of panic. One thing he did not remember falling asleep. Second thing he could not find anything familiar within the darkness. Chanyeol was sure he was not in the dorm either in his room. He was also sure he had never ever visited the room before.

The room itself had unexplainable cold atmosphere as if someone had built it with ice blocks. The air hung heavily and it felt almost too difficult to breath. There was no source of light whatsoever. And Chanyeol suddenly felt the need to escape as quickly as possible from the room. Chanyeol tried to rise by steading his body with both of his hand, yet he was greeted by something cool cut his wrists. The coldness reminded Chanyeol of metal and as he adjusted his vision he finally discovered that his hands were tied by a handcuff. 

A sheer of panic and fear instantly flow in Chanyeol’s veins and at the exact moment he realized a piece of tape duct blocked his way to scream out his panic. Chanyeol was beyond terrified, he was in the middle of darkness, his hands were handcuffed and there was a piece of tape duct covered his mouth.  

“ERHHH…”

A strangled voice caught Chanyeol’ s attention and after a few moment he noticed that the sound was produced by his leader, Suho. When Chanyeol saw his leader thousand emotions flooded his mind, at first he was relieved at the sight of his trusted leader. But as he saw that his leader in the exact same condition as his state, his panic was back. Moreover Suho eyes wore the same emotion as his. Chanyeol felt suffocated.  

“Argggh…”

A soft choked noise this time came from a body Chanyeol knew was his best friend, Byun Baekhyun. Just like a cue Chanyeol felt a body moved slightly beside him. Within the darkness he could figure out that the body belonged to the maknae of the group, Oh Sehun. Not so far from Sehun, Chanyeol eyes finally rested on the main vocal of the group, Kim Jongdae who went with name stage Chen. In panic Chanyeol eyes searched for the certain main with doe eyes and he felt he had been hit by a tons of bricks when he made out the line of D.O‘s body in the corner of the room.

Chanyeol did not have a full grasp of the situation but in the back of his mind he knew he was in danger. In a great… great danger. The fact that the entire band members were trapped in the middle of unknown place with tape duck on their mouth and handcuffs secured their hand did not sit well in his mind.

“Why we don’t kill them already?”

“Stop asking stupid question, Gae. I know you are thirsty to taste blood. But you also know that we don’t kill without order.”

The voice wavered in the air and the content of the conversation triggered the shiver to run down Chanyeol’s body. Chanyeol was not sure if others member heard the conversation as well but if they did, he was sure they certainly felt the same fear.

Chanyeol finally knew something important. Some people tried to kill him and s. And he did not even know why.

******

“Why we don’t kill them already?”

Juno almost could not help but rolled his eyes at his comrade’ question.  Gae was born as a fighter. He named Gae for a good reason. He had the wild dog’ instinct to always bark, bite and kill anyone who stood on his way. Gae was one of the best and strongest fighters in the organization.  Yet, Gae had never held any important position in the organization. Gae was just too much of a fighter. No way could he have important information because he loved risking his life. Not that he minded though.

“Stop asking stupid question, Gae. I know you are thirsty to taste blood. But you also know that we don’t kill without order.”

Almost instantly Juno heard Gae growled.

“Why Big Brother has to come by himself and restrain the order to crush them. He knows pretty well that I am dying to rip off their flesh.”

Juno just smiled fondly.

“They must have something that Big Bother wants. Just be patient Gae. Once Big Brother has what he want you can kill them however you want.”

Without looking Juno knew that a wide almost manically grin was plastered on Gae’ face.

“Too bad, they are so young, so handsome, so famous and they will day in less than 2 days.”

Juno could not help but felt a bit sad, he heard that the boys they had, were famous idols. What a waste to kill such as young men who can be perfect money machine.

“That’s the best part Juno, I hear they are famous idols. I will kill them for fun. Just to see many fans cry over their dead bodies. Do you want to bet if their dead will be considered as national grief or not?”

  Juno had never have chance to answer Gae’s question when he suddenly heard a loud bang voice which sounded like a shot. Before Juno had chance to react a series of bangs and loud thuds noise were heard. After Juno saw Gae ran to the direction of the voice, to the front of the warehouse, instantly he also ran.

Juno stopped absurdly when he saw incredible scene unfolded before his eyes. A girl with calm expression and a face that could pass as innocence face held two guns each on her hand. Dead bodies scattered around her standing spot. No question that the girl was the one that shot and killed all of his comrades, around 10 people. Yet, the innocence look of the girl forced Juno to think otherwise. The girl had her hair tied on a tight pony tail. She wore an angry red coat with a pair of black trouser. The girl had no expression on her tiny face and she was about 15 year olds. The gun she held looked out of place and Juno thought she looked like a child lost in adults’ party.

“Who is in charge here?”

A soft voice aired and the girl’s expression did not change at all.

“Are you the one that kill all of my friends?”

Gae growled angrily.

“I am.”

Again the girl’ expression did not change.

“So… who is in charge here? I need to talk to him.”

Juno was beyond stunned. The girl somehow seemed unreal.

“I am. Who are you? What do you want? Why you kill all of my friends?”

Finally Juno found his voice again.

“Then I need to keep you alive. I need your finger print and retina to open the room where you looked them.”

Once again Juno was frozen. He could not comprehend how the girl knew about the special cage his Big Brother prepared.

“Little !! You need to walk over my dead body if you want to open the damned room!!”

Gae was impressed with the girl’s calmness yet her gut to speak down to his boss, Juno got on his nerves.

“Then go die, so I can walk over your stinky dead body.”

This time Gae felt the great surge to kill the girl and, he almost charged the girl but Juno hand on his shoulder stopped him.

“On the second thought... I think it was better you to kill you.”

Right after the girl finished her speech a loud bang voice was heard and Juno’ body slumped and fell. Gae’ s eyes widen out of his willingness. First, the girl just took down his boss without warning. Second, the girl just took his boss’ life without giving him chance to defend him. Third, the girl killed his boss like his boss was nothing important.

“I figure you are one of the best fighters in your organization, or else you will not talk to me like that. He might be in charge but I am sure you are the key instead of him. You are the muscle and he is the brain. So you must be the key of the room, because the chance of you dying is smaller compare to his chance of dying.”

Nothing could be said that Gae’s bloods were boiled. That little wretch dared to talk about his Boss like that. That little dared to think he needed to speak carefully to her. That stupid wicked little did not know what hit her. That stupid wicked little did not know what he capable of.  

“You are angry… I see…  You think you can take my life easily I suppose.”

Gae now could only see red.  The girl dared to talk smoothly.

“Then why don’t you take on me? Let me enlighten you that I am a definitely better fighter compare to you. Don’t worry I won’t kill you. “

The girl spoke calmly as she dropped both of her guns.

“Bare hand fight? I see you as the type who loves to fight bare handed.”

Gae now made up his mind to kill the girl no matter what. No soul life should insult him this way, talked down about his fighting skill.

Gae ran blindly to throw a deadly punch to the girl chest. Yet before he even touched the girl, he felt a sharp touch to his neck veins, a sharp upper cut to his jaw, a high kick toward the area between his ribcage and a straight punch to his lower abdomen. Before Gae could register the pain, he was lying on the floor motionless. He suddenly could not breathe normally. He could not even control his muscles.

“Told you so… I am a better fighter compare to you. Now… now… let’s get to work. I need your finger and eyes. But don’t worry I will not kill you. I would like a living evidence to tell the story about me.”

Gae held his breath unconsciously when the girl leaned and whispered the things purposively slowly. Today he vowed to his dead mother if he walked away alive he would kill the stupid little who humiliated him.

*******

To told the truth Baekhyun did not know whether he should happy or fear when suddenly the door of the room opened and there was light making its way toward the room. After hearing that some people outside the room wanted to kill s and him, Baekhyun knew that there was greater chance of people who opened the door to be his soon to be killer. But Baekhyun also knew that there was little chance that people who opened the door were police or someone from the company. And how Baekhyun wished the people who opened the door were fallen into the second possibility.

Nothing could describe Baekhyun feeling when he found out that the one who opened the door was a girl about 15 years old. The girl had a petite figure and a face that screamed innocence.

“Are you all going to stare and do nothing instead of escape from this room when finally the door is opened?”

To Baekhyun surprise the tone of girl’ voice was cold. He expected a soft tone or cheerful tone came from the owner of the face.

“You know only your hands are handcuffed and you can freely use your legs.”

Baekhyun could feel sarcastic in the girl’s voice.

 “Alright… I forget that you all are in shock and etc…. etc….”

From Baekhyun’ peripheral vision he saw the girl helped all of s one by one to stand in their own feet before finally helped him.

“Now… follow me…”

The girl was not even used high tone but there was something in her voice which made Baekhyun followed her. Baekhyun was sure all of s also felt the same as they all followed the girl to make their way out of the room.

Baekhyun felt continuously shiver when he witnessed a lump of unmoving body in front of the door of the room and numbers of dead body cover with blood scattered around.

Baekhyun did not know what to think, but at the moment following the seemed to be the right thing to do.

*******

“Someone tried to kill us!!”

Chen first sentence after he entered a van, his handcuffs was untied and his tape duct removed was that.

“I know!! At first I think it was just some stupid mole camera!”

Sehun responded almost like a scream.

“At first I think we were kidnapped by sasaeng fan but then they started talking about killing us and big brother thingy.”

Even the usually quite D.O voiced his thought.

“But why some people tried to kill us?”

Almost in the same time Chanyeol and Baekhyun said the sentence.

“Try… The right word is not tried but try. Some people will keep coming to kill you. It will become like a habit so you better get used to it”

The girl who for a moment was quiet finally spoke. She almost regretted remove the tape duct from EXO members’ mouths.

At the girl remark all of EXO members were frozen. They could not believe someone just broke the bad news with calm tone.

“Spe… Speaking of killing. Thank you for save us.”

Suho said his gratefulness after he recovered from the shock.

“Yeah sure…”

The girl answered almost like she did not care.

“By the way… who are you? Are you a secret agent who comes to save us?”

Suho finally realized that and he were in a van, heading somewhere, with a girl who seemed like underage as a driver.

“Nope.”

“Or… a police?”

“Nope.”

“A bodyguard form SM?”

“No.”

“Our…. New manager?”

“No.”

“Crew from stupid reality show?”

“Nope.”

“Then who are you? Tell us!! We are tired of guessing!!”

After several times guessing finally Baekhyun exploded.

“You don’t want to know who I am.”

The girl’s answer triggered Baehyun to explode more.

“We want to know the answer!!”

After Baekhyun’s outburst the silent atmosphere hung uncomfortably.

“Fine… If you insist on the matter. I just someone….. Someone who kills for money.”

  Because of the girl’s answer the intensity of the uncomfortable air increased. Baekhyun felt horror was building up inside his body. He was in a van of a completely stranger, heading somewhere he did not know, the stranger just said more people would come to kill s and him and the stranger just confessed that she was someone who would kill for money. He started doubting his decision to follow the girl into her van. There was a great chance for the girl to be the new killer and would finish s and him once they reached the place the girl led them.

*****TBC*****

a/n: my first attempt writing an action theme fanfic… hehehe. hope people actually read my story. In my story EXO only has 6 members: Suho, Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O and Sehun. The rest of EXO members later will come up with different role…n.n