Chapter 4: The Hidden Message (Part Two)

His Side of Story

Characters     : Kim Myungsoo (L) & Kim Ahyoung (Yura) [ feat. Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Sungjong ]

Song               : 대답은 너니까 (Only U) - VIXX

Summary       : Because no matter how hard he tries to erase her from his memories, he can’t. She is everywhere.

Note              : In the story, Myungsoo wouldn’t sing to the rap parts of the song.

 

“Evening again.”

Smiling widely, he looked at everyone who was applauding and cheering enthusiastically at his return to the stage, even though he was all by himself at that moment. “Some of you must be wondering why I’m here again… And this time, alone. Right?” He smoothly said.

The crowd, in chorus, exclaimed a loud ‘yes’ and he continued, “Well, just consider it as a special treat from me, alright? And also, Dongwoo’s fans, Yeollie’s, and Jongie’s… I’m sorry, I know you’re disappointed.”

“Well–” He trailed off when he spotted a tall girl entering the café and hastily making her way to where s were sitting. “This song is my current favorite, originally sung by idol group VIXX, called ‘Because The Answer is You’.” The customers, who were mostly ladies, wooed at his song choice stridently. Judging at their explosive reaction, he interpreted that they favored the song too.

“So, yeah… I hope you like this performance of mine. Please watch it well.”

He breathed in deeply, almost ready to start. His friends nodded encouragingly and gave their two thumbs up at him, that smallest of support gained him a confidence. His eyes shifted to the only female figure amongst s and stared at her for a split second, before he focused back to the crowd.

I hope she knows this song is for her.

Whilst strumming the chords gently, he eventually began singing.

My close friend introduced me to a girl, I guess he felt bad for me
He told me to meet a girl better than you and to get over you

Her first impression was good. She kind of looked like you
But at some point, she completely looked like you

His mind flashed back to when he and she were introduced to each others by Dongwoo and Sungyeol, who were initially included in her circle of friends. She was a mutual friend, to put it a simply, who already went past the acquaintance stage, but barely a friend. He was, still, not familiar with her.

However, Myungsoo was not an idiot. He knew his two hyungs did not do it out of the blue – there was another reason. Probably, it was something about the worst and most devastated episode in Kim Myungsoo’s life.

One period in his life he wanted to forget, and one woman who played a significant role in his life, whom he wished he never encountered – a past he wanted to erase. However, that girl resembled her a lot, he did not know what to do.

She’s saying something but it’s not coming into my ears
My heart is only for you
The words I’m mumbling are stories about you
Without knowing, I’m only talking about you

At first, he could not keep up with his new friend. She was so active in approaching him, bringing up random stories, despite his cold and thoughtless comments. Strangely, everything she said was like a faded tune in his ears.

He wanted to concentrate, but it was all to no avail.

After all, his thought and heart were always fixed at her.

You are in every word I say, yeah
You spill out in every word I say, yeah
What do I like to do? What is a normal day for me?
It’s hard for me to answer those typical questions
Because my answer is you

Because my answer is you
Because I only think of you

When she asked anything about him – the littlest things like what did he like to do, where was the most memorable place, or what was his favorite food, the answer was always related to her. “Ah, so you like photography? You must have taken a lot of pictures! Hmm, what is your favorite object of photography, then?” She once asked this and his reply was, “Picture of Mandu—” He remembered how he cut off his own statement and eventually changed his answer to “scenery”.

Everything escaped from his lips was always about her. Speaking seemed so difficult that he had to remind himself to think twice before talking.

The more she smiles, the sadder I get

As time goes by, the more I feel like a sinner

At this rate, I think I’ll end up alone again today

The more we talk, the lonelier I get and I’m in danger again

One smile could bring happiness to others, but why did his heart sting when he saw the smile formed on her face? It was a pain because he could not smile widely like her, because he was not even close to happy. His life was a constant rain, unlike her, whose life resembled a sunny and clear day. They were the total opposite and Myungsoo was not sure he would ever open up to her.

He was better off alone, or so he thought.

She’s saying something but it’s not coming into my ears
I have nothing more to say
I’m such a bad guy, she’s being so affectionate
But why do I keep thinking of you?

Myungsoo did not like being scolded. Nonetheless, when Dongwoo and Sungyeol told him off that he was being overly heartless at the girl, he knew they were right. He understood well how much of a jerk he was. He was too quiet to begin with, and he had a habit of uttering cold remarks. Still, no matter how he tried hard to talk more to her, he could not give her a favorable statement, something lengthy and seemed sincere.

She was warm, honest with her own feelings, and expressed herself well. She clearly offered more attention to him, leaving simple messages telling him to take care and eat well. She was too good of a person and he never wished to hurt her anymore.

He wanted to return to his cold and unapproachable image.

You get repeated in every word I say, yeah
My grudge-like love story is you, yeah
What do I love? What do I care about the most?
I really hope she doesn’t ask me
Because my answer is you

Because my answer is you
Because I love only you

His performance eventually came into an end.

The claps from the entire café rang in his ears, causing him to bow deeply at them before shuffling back to s. “Where is she?” questioned him when he noticed she was not there.

“She left, just before the last chorus,” Dongwoo replied. “But, you know what’s odd? There were tears in her eyes,” added Sungyeol as he packed his stuffs.

“Maybe she was touched by the song?” The youngest innocently answered.

Myungsoo stayed still.

No, you’re wrong.

His phone beeped and he pulled it out of his pocket, only to receive a text.

“I’m sorry, Myung.”

She really did catch the message beneath the song.

….

That she, Kim Ahyoung, was just a friend to him.

That she, Kim Ahyoung, could not replace her place in his heart.

That she, Kim Ahyoung, was not his answer.

Because his answer was her and would still be her.

… The one called Ahn Sohee.

 

---

this is the fourth chapter which is

the part two of the previous chapter.

i know it was such a long time since i last updated my fanfics.

hope this turns out alright. __ryura signs out!

 

---