Chapter 3: The Hidden Message (Part 1)

His Side of Story

 

Characters     : Kim Myungsoo (L) & Kim Ahyoung (Yura) [ feat. Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Sungjong ]

Song               : 대답은 너니까 (Only U) - VIXX

Summary       : Because no matter how hard he tries to erase her from his memories, he can’t. She is everywhere.

Note              : In the story, Myungsoo wouldn’t sing to the rap parts of the song.

 

Propping one fist under his chin, Myungsoo observed his surrounding, his gaze sweeping over every inches of the café. It was still a young night, the clock showing it was still six. Only a few people were there, nevertheless he was sure many would come by later on. It was Saturday anyway, and the café always held a special agenda scheduled on this day, which consisted of open stage and song request. Every customer were asked to write a song they wanted to hear, then, the band would choose some and personally sang it live for them.

He was one of those band members. He was the lead singer and the one who was in charge of the electric guitar, and the visual at the same time. However, unlike the other days, he brought an acoustic guitar for that night’s event. He slipped off the strap of his guitar case from his shoulder and carefully placed it on the wooden table. He was about to open the case when he heard,

“Myung!”

He looked up and saw two men were walking to where he was seated. He glanced at his wristwatch before gazing back at them. He frowned, “You’re not… late. Am I supposed to be impressed?”

“Eish, this brat.”

The pair immediately claimed the stools across him, putting their belongings on the table at the same time. “Acoustic night?” Dongwoo questioned when he spotted the black guitar case. Myungsoo nodded as he ped the case, taking out the guitar.

“What about Sungjong? Not coming yet?” asked Sungyeol as he rested his head on his palm.

The youngest of the three hummed as a response and stayed quiet for the whole minute, keeping himself busy by tuning the guitar. Whilst strumming some random chords, he was also listening to the sound produced, whether it was the timbre he wanted or not. He then played a string of musical notes, a melody that was created in impromptu, that somehow sounded heartbreaking and distressing – something that s did not fail to notice.

“Myung?” Sungyeol called out tentatively. “You’re okay?”

He furrowed his eyebrows, slightly puzzled. “Of course I am. Why did you ask that?”

“Nothing, nothing.”

“By the way,” Dongwoo said, switching the topic. “Is she coming?”

“Who– Ah, I don’t know about that,” replied him emotionlessly.

Myungsoo went back being silent again and, without him knowing, the older members were talking about him at the moment. They were communicating with each others through whispers and eye contacts, once in a while stealing a glance at the man in raven locks, who was lost in his own world. “You’re the hyung, and you do the talk,” Sungyeol insisted.

“Fine,” the blond man sighed in defeat. He looked at Sungyeol, still hesitant, and the other, speaking with his eyes, told him to go for it. “Err, uhm… Hey, Myungsoo?” He began, stuttering slightly. “Can we talk?”

Myungsoo stared at the two for a second, wondering what they were going to talk about. “… Sure,” He answered curtly as he placed his guitar down, before shifting his attention to the two. “What is it, hyung?”

“Eh, well, actually… It may be something petty to you, but,” he paused a moment and then continued, “it is quite important to us, so… Answer truthfully?”

From the current look on his face, it was apparent that he did not fully grasp what the former meant. “Honestly, I don’t get it... But, alright.”

Dongwoo was uncertain how to start. He mused inwardly, trying to list some right questions in his head, some inquiries that he hoped would not offense Myungsoo in any possible way. It was a sensitive topic anyway, therefore he needed to be careful, since the younger was renowned for having temper too.

“So, what do you think of her?” He eventually queried to him.

Folding his arms across his chest, he pondered thoughtfully, “She is nice.”

“That’s it?” Sungyeol bluntly retorted.

“She seems playful,” added him unresponsively. “She jokes a lot too.”

“So, you like her company?” presumed Dongwoo.

He was silenced, taking more time than enough for an answer, causing the pair to grow impatient. Frankly speaking, it’d be a lie if he said she was not a good company. Besides, it was not that long since they first knew each others. “Well,” he spoke up finally, “I guess.”

I guess?” the tallest replied angrily, completely fed up with Myungsoo’s cold and brief remarks.

“I’m not that sure, Yeol–”

“Hyung!”

The three instinctively turned their heads to where the familiar voice came from, the figure of a lean and lanky guy sporting copper-colored locks eventually came into their views. “I’m sorry,” He murmured, panting heavily. “For being… Late.”

“No worries, Jong-ah.” Dongwoo grinned reassuringly, petting Sungjong’s head afterwards. He took a glance at Sungyeol, before eyeing back at Myungsoo. “Let’s get prepared. We’ll talk again later.”

---

Kim Myungsoo, along with his friends, bowed slightly as they stepped down the stage, the crowd enthusiastically clapping for their impressive and satisfying performances. He proceeded to the counter, instantly sitting down at one stool. “Hot cappuccino,” murmured him to the barista and without further ado, the barista worked on his order.

As he waited, he took out his phone from his pocket, and noticed there was one new message.

“I’m totally late, right? Crap, I’ll be there now! Wait for me!”

“It seemed like she did not make it, huh?” Sungyeol suddenly stood beside him. He was going to order drinks for him and the other two too.

“Yeah, she just told me she’d stop by now, though, and we already ended our stage.”

“You can have your own stage.”

He arched one eyebrow, “Me? You mean… By myself?”

 “Why not?” Myungsoo was being skeptic at him, and merely slanted him a look. Sungyeol sensed his stare and gazed back at him. “I am serious. Just do it. She will be disappointed if she can’t see any performance.”

“True, but–”

“Just do it. You can sing that song you’ve been practicing, or any song you want,” commented him. The choding eventually walked away after telling his orders to barista, leaving Myungsoo with his own thoughts.

“… I guess performing alone won’t hurt,” said him as he typed back a reply, putting his phone at the table afterwards.

The barista turned to him and eventually served his order. “A long night?” asked Hoya, the barista, who was also a friend of his. Myungsoo threw him a small smile and shrugged his shoulders. “No, not really. Thanks anyway.”

He took a few sips of his drink, the refreshing liquid cooling down his burning throat almost immediately. What should I sing, though?

Myungsoo rested his chin against his palm as he mulled over quietly, thoroughly. He might be the vocalist of the band, but then singing on his own would be different. The stage could be a small scale, but it was still nerve-wracking to him. He claimed his phone and browsed through his playlist, seeking for a song that would fit best with acoustic accompaniment.

He stopped scrolling when a certain song caught his eyes.

Like Sungyeol said, there was a track that he kept replaying these days, and Myungsoo was sure the older referred to the song titled ‘Because The Answer is You’. His finger hovered over the track and hesitantly, he pressed the play button, holding the phone close to his ear. The R&B tune greeted his earbuds and he subconsciously nodded his head along to the beat, enjoying the music heartily.

It was too coincidental, how the whole lyrics depicted his own story, precisely mirroring everything he felt and thought of her. It was as if it was created for him.

Maybe that was he liked that song.

And it did not take long for Myungsoo to decide.

Through his solo performance, he would let it all out and would straightforwardly confess to her, everything, that she should have known from the beginning.

 

---

say hello to chapter 3, people!

and this is only the chapter one, so...

wait for the chapter two too, alright?

__ryura signs out!

 

---