Chapter 2: Daze

His Side of Story

Characters     : Jang Dongwoo & Yoo Ara (feat. L and Hello Venus members)

Song               : Someday – VIXX

Summary       : When a daydreaming Dongwoo began to get on the others’ nerves, someone had to step up and find out why.

 

----

“Hyung.”

The older man hummed simply as an answer, not moving in his seat. His head was still leaning against the window sill and his eyes were staring unseeingly at the gloomy view outside. Gray clouds, the falling icy droplets, and the occasional, deafening sound of thunder. The other man grew irritated since the other did not give the response he expected, even though he had called his name for more than twice already. It was obvious that he was zoning out at the moment, looking very out of place.

“Earth to Dongwoo hyung!” exclaimed him, waving his hand in front of Dongwoo’s face. “Are you here with us?”

He blinked instantly, awaken from his own reverie. “O-oh, Myung!”

“Finally.” The younger breathed out a sigh and walked to claim a seat across Dongwoo, who was throwing him a questioning look.

“Eh, so… did you say something?” asked him, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, slightly annoyed. “Yes, a something that you did not pay attention to.”

“Sorry, sorry,” murmured him sheepishly. “I was too busy thinking something.”

“Obviously,” the younger nodded solemnly.

Dongwoo did not know why he suddenly daydreamed a lot these days. The members had been complaining constantly at him for not hearing what they were talking, which always ended with him apologizing ever-so-innocently. However, that manner continued again the next day. The cranky leader was the one who protested the most.

He had difficulty to focus on everything he was working now. The first three minutes were alright, but the next minutes? He was gone, like his soul had left him somewhere. The others had to admit that, this silent and calm side of Dongwoo was a rare sight. He had been known as one of the loudest anyway.

“I am curious,” The other started. He looked up at him, waiting for him to continue. “—well, all of us are curious. Actually, what have you been thinking about these past few days?”

There was a pregnant silence between the two, until finally he spoke up, “You’re asking me what I have been thinking about?” A slight crease was visible on Myungsoo’s forehead, but he nodded nevertheless.

As he thought deeply, his eyebrows furrowed. It was a straightforward question, but somehow he could not come up with a sole answer. He kept wondering, slightly puzzled at himself. He got preoccupied with his thoughts, and probably would forget Myungsoo’s existence if he did not clear his throat, stealthily asking for attention.

“Oh, sorry… Again.,” muttered him, a foolish smile on his face. “… But to be honest, I have no idea what has gotten into me.”

“Ah..”

And it was quiet again.

“Ara, perhaps?” the one in jet black locks inquired after a while.

He was, again, slow at giving reaction. He spared another minute just to comprehend and get a grip what Myungsoo was talking about. “Ara?” He spelled out the name, as if it was something unfamiliar. “Ara…?”

He repeated calling out the name for many times, turning it into some sort of chant. “… Ara!” shouted him, abruptly standing up from his seat. Myungsoo flinched at the sudden act, his current look giving the impression of a combination of shock and bafflement. “You… Alright?” Myungsoo tentatively questioned.

In a swift move, Dongwoo grabbed his jacket and stormed out of the room. “I’ll be right back!”

 Myungsoo merely shook his head. “… Heh, I envy the lovebirds.”

---

Dongwoo did not care that it was raining. He did not mind how crisp the air was, or how the droplets falling from the sky felt icy against his skin. He even failed to remember the fact that where he lived and where she lived was quite a distance.

He just sprinted.

He hurriedly ran through busy traffic, through the crowd of people, through the water puddles. He probably seemed less attractive, but really, it was not something he should worry about. The only thing on his mind was Yoo Ara, and he needed to see her. He wanted to meet her – checking how she was doing, simply talking and sharing a good laugh.

However, above all, he wanted to tell her how much he’s missing her.

Yes, today was the kind of day where he longed her more. No clear reason, no exact explanation.

When he arrived at the apartment, he was soaked. The jacket covering his body was no use. “Eish.” He looked at his plaid shirt and groaned. Great, I looked horrible, he thought. Using his remaining energy, he made attempts to fix his appearance – hoping that he would appear well-dressed in her eyes.

And after what it seemed like a decade, he eventually entered the building once he finished grooming. Eyes were fixed on him as he walked past the lobby, and into the elevator. Luckily, he was not aware of it at all. Humming a random, happy tune, he waited for the elevator to stop at the desired floor. He was already excited at the thought of seeing her face.

The elevator dinged and he skipped his way out immediately, bouncing like a kid to where she resided. People inside the elevator could not do anything but sending suspicious looks at him.

“Phew.”

He was standing before the door, one hand lying where his heart was. He wondered why he was restless. It was a different kind of fretfulness, compared to the time when he confessed or when they experienced their first skinship. They had been together for five months, yet he still felt nervous. Boldly, he pressed the bell, and he went straight to a panic mode. His feet were tapping furiously against the floor, the tension slowly rising as he waited impatiently.

“Yes?” At the same time the door cracked open, a soft voice greeted from inside and a young woman sporting an extreme short haircut, her chestnut locks stopped right below her ears. She blinked upon seeing who it was and bowed to him almost immediately. “O-oh, brother in law, hello! How are you doing?”

He chuckled softly, “I’m good as usual. How about you, Yooyoung-ssi?”

“Ah, yes, I’m doing fine too!”

“Good, then—”

“Who is it, maknae?” The entire members of Hello Venus, except her, made their appearances and shyly peeked from inside. The other girls seemed surprised and cheered at the visit of ‘brother in law’. Dongwoo smiled when he heard them muttering how jealous they were of their leader. He watched them in amusement until,

“Hey, what’s with the ruckus—” He froze in his position, knowing whose voice it was. It was hers. He sure missed that melodious tone of voice. “– Oh!”

Her face eventually came into his sight, a surprised expression adorning her beautiful features. Her widened, doe eyes were sparkling as usual. The dark chocolate irises were so clear; he could almost find his own reflection through her eyes. He was not certain if he gaped like an idiot or not, because it still amazed him how her eyes alone captivated him.

“Uh,” Alice awkwardly interrupted. “Don’t you think we should go inside? I feel weird seeing them like this.” The others whined in disappointment but complied at the eldest’s order anyway.

Dongwoo observed his beloved one silently, and the corner of his lips curved upwards when he noticed a tint of red on her two cheeks. Yoo Ara was indeed quick to respond to embarrassment. “Hey,” said him, waving casually at her. “What are you doing?”

“Mm, just chatting… and playing around,” she replied.  Smiling brightly, she continued, “What have you been doing?”

“Disturbing my members?” He scratched the back of his head guiltily. “I spaced out a lot.”

“Is there something bugging you?” There was a hint of worry in her voice. “You know you can tell me.”

He shook his head repeatedly, grinning. “I am fine now.”

The two stayed still where they were, a distance separating them. Dongwoo was uncomfortable with how the situation was, so he took some steps closer, approaching her slowly. “We seem  awkward,” commented him, smile never leaving his face. “Let’s act normal?” He raised one hand and petted his girlfriend’s head lovingly.

“That’s a good idea.” Ara beamed. “Let’s sit here and talk as usual, oppa!”

They sat down comfortably at the hallway, side by side. As they conversed, they could feel the warmth shared between their intertwined fingers. Occasionally, they would express their affection to each others by showing simple skinship, which could draw jealousy from other people watching them. The two had a great time together and wished they could talk more, but their different schedules made quite the obstacle. Their talkative managers, too.

“I have to go,” said Dongwoo with a sigh. He received a message from Myungsoo just now, containing something about going back to Woollim building before the everyday dance practice began.

“That’s too bad,” she remarked. She did not want to separate with him, but she could not be selfish. “You should go, then.” When she rose to her full height, Dongwoo followed suit.

“Hmm… I’ll call you later, okay?”

She nodded. “Be careful, and send my best regards to your members too.”

“I will.” He broke into another smile. “I miss you already.”

“Me too–”

Dongwoo cut off her words and caught her off guard when he abruptly pulled her to his embrace, circling his arms around her petite frame. Ara looked stunned but cheerful nonetheless, at his daring act. “Take care always.”

“Mm…”

“Alright,” mumbled him, pulling away from the hug after a proper minute. The two smiled again seeing the faces of their beloved ones.

“See you later, Ara-yah. Love you!”

---

 

chapter 2 is here, featuring dongyoo!

yep, it's hellovenus/infinite pairing.

hope this chapter turns out okay?

__ryura signs out!

 

 

---