A Bless

One-shot of 2NY

A BLESS

Everyone have encounters with tons of problems along their life and so am I. I’m a husband of Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. We’ve been together for almost 5 years and we have a daughter named Stephanie Lee. At first, I wasn’t fond of having a daughter because people around me have always tell me how difficult it is to raise a daughter. They’re like a big burden to the family. A son would be a bless because they could help with anything; labor work, money, physical, look, etc. I was too immersed in their opinions that I even had a few arguments with my wife on sending our daughter to an orphanage. 

Our marriage life wasn’t a rainbow until one day, I came across an incident that truthfully change my whole life and perspective of having a daughter isn’t a burden or mess or whatever negativity they call but instead, it’s  a bless.

~.~.~.~.~

“Tiff, I’m gonna go out now. Don’t wait for me. You can just go to bed once you’re done with anything,” Soonkyu said.

“Aren’t you gonna have dinner with us?” Tiff popped out from the kitchen and walked to me.

“I’ll just have it outside with my friends. Don’t wait up for me,” Soonkyu said while kissed her on the cheek.

“Why can’t you just have a dinner with us for once? You know Stephanie keep on asking why her dad isn’t here with her always during dinner?” Tiffany argued.

“Don’t start this. I’ve told you before! Get rid of her and I’ll be at home every night!” Soonkyu hissed and walked out from the house.

It’d been a routine for Soonkyu to hang out with his friends every night once he’s off from work. He just went home to change his clothes and then went out again. Every single time!

“Hey man! What’s up? You seems so gloomy!” said Tom, one of his colleagues.

“Nah~! Tough days! So what’s new for today?” Soonkyu replied and the conversation between his colleagues and him continued until late night.

~.~.~.~.~

It’s almost midnight when they decided to bid goodbye to each other. Soonkyu walked himself along the path towards his home since his home was just five blocks away and thought of at least an exercise.

“LET GO OF MY FATHER!”

He stopped.

“I SAID LET GO! PLEASE! HE’S AN OLD MAN! PLEASE UNDERSTAND!”

He heard.

“YOU CAN TAKE ME AWAY INSTEAD! PLEASE! I BEG YOU! STOP HURITNG HIM!”

He followed the voice and witnessed that there’re around four young teenage boys that were abusing the old man who lay on the floor with no energy left while the young woman was struggling in the arm of a boy who seems to be hugging her from behind that she seem really helpless.

“HEY YOU KIDS! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING TO THEM?” Soonkyu shouted in rage.

All in all, he hated to see someone get bullied or abused by others.

“MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, DUDE!” One of boys shouted and continued with their business.

‘Tsk! Kids these days seriously need a lesson!’ he thought.

“LET GO OR ELSE YOU’RE GONNA REGRET!” Soonkyu shouted once more.

The boys stop their action and turn to face him, “Or else we’re gonna regret you say? Bring it on!”

The four of them charge towards him and starts to attack from every single angel they can but Soonkyu manage to dodge and being a well-trained person, he easily attack back them effortlessly until all of them have no energy left to attack and lay half-consciously on the floor.

“Run out of energy already? Hah! Next time, think before you…” his words were cut off when the boy who held the girl just now took a wood and hit his abdomen from behind. Soonkyu fell off and hissed in pain. That boy keep on hitting him until the girl hit the boy hard on his head that he fell off beside Soonkyu.

Soonkyu hissed in pain but managed to look around that the boys were all on the floor and he looked back to the girl who was pulling her father up slowly and guide their road towards home. Soonkyu who saw the scene quickly ran in pain to the elder’s side and help them.

“I’ll help you guys in case the boys decide to hurt you again,” Soonkyu reasoned when the girl was looking at him.

“Thank you!” she uttered.

~.~.~.~

Upon arriving at the house, the girl brought his father to the chair and let him sit to rest while she went inside the bedroom to get the kit aid box to attend his injury. While treating her father’s injury, she asked, “Why are you helping us?”

Soonkyu replied, “I couldn’t bear to see someone get bullied or hurts by others without reason.”

And silence fell upon them. Once finished handling her father’s, she turned to Soonkyu and checked upon his injury to attend to.

“It’s okay!”

“No, I need to treat your injury for helping us around just now!” she insisted.

Silence fell upon them once again and the girl was very attentive.

“There, done!” the girl said and Soonkyu thanked her.

“Where’s your mom?” Soonkyu just realized that since he came in, he never see the girl’s mom around.

“She left us long time ago,” the girl replied.

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s okay!”

“So it’s just you and your father?” Soonkyu asked while seeing the elder was slowly getting drift off to dreamland on the couch.

“Yeah! We’re not from the upper class and she left us since I was 7. It was because dad found out she’s having an affair with someone who was far wealthier that they argued and ended up divorcing and she left us since then.”

Soonkyu nodded his head and continued to listen to her story, “Ever since then, dad is the only one that raise me up until high school. I decided to stop studying and find a job to support both of us. At first, it wasn’t easy because I’m a girl and I only have high school certificate to show up for interview and eventually ending up getting a job as a waitress. The salary is not much but fair enough to support both of us for our daily needs and bills. I was taking my dad for a check-up just now since he caught a flu and ended up having a fight with the boys but thanks to you, we got saved!”

“What about you, mister? Why are you out at times like this? Aren’t you supposed to be with your wife and your daughter right now?” she asked.

Soonkyu was a bit astonished when the girl mentioned about his wife and daughter, “How do you know?”

“I saw you a few times. We’re neighbor actually, just a block away. I saw your wife the other day with your daughter,” she smiled.

Soonkyu hissed at the word of daughter.

“Why?”

“Nothing. I just don’t like to have a daughter,” Soonkyu replied casually.

The girl widen her eyes and glared at Soonkyu, “Are you serious? Are you serious, mister? Tell me why you despise of having a daughter?”

Soonkyu then explained the reason that his friend used to said but unknown to them, the girl’s father was listening to their conversation and he woke up when Soonkyu finished his sentence and immediately chime in the conversation, “Having a daughter is rather a bless than a curse. Whatever your friends had said were all lies. Do they even have a child? A daughter? Yes, maybe a girl spend more than a boy should but that doesn’t mean they’re a curse. Think about it, young man! Would you be organize without a woman? Would your life be wonderful if there’s no woman by your side? A daughter or a girl or a woman is a fragile human being. They get hurts easily by others but compare to us, man, they keep it inside because they have faith that they could change a thing though it’s just a tiny bit. They could make us, the man, smile when we’re in sorrow. I wouldn’t object if you say your friend could cheer you up but would they even be born if it’s not because of a girl or a woman?”

“No, sir!”  Soonkyu replied while holding in his tears remembering the way he treated his daughter all these time with less love.

“Son, remember, you’re a father with a wonderful daughter. Treat her like a princess because one day in the future, you’re gonna miss your chance treating her like one. That’s when she’s in someone’s else hand, that’s when she get marry and will not stay by your side no more unless her husband approve of it. That’ll be the time where you regret for not doing well being a father. Treat her better now because it’ll show an example at least to her future husband that she needs to be treat well and not just some care like a slave.”

Then, it hit Soonkyu hard and immediately stood up, “Thank you, uncle! Thank you for the advice.”

“It’s nothing compare to your kindness, young man! Now go! Go to your family to thank them and cherish them.” The old man smiled and ushered him to go.

Soonkyu bowed and left to run back to his house.

~.~.~.~

He quickly closed the door and ran to their bedroom to find that his wife and daughter was sleeping while hugging each other. He smiled at the scene. He went to sleep beside his daughter and didn’t forget to kiss her forehead before drifting off to dreamland.

The next day, Soonkyu woke up early to prepare all the breakfast for them by himself and wash up when he’s done with it. Tiffany was the first to come out from the bedroom and was surprised with all the foods and drinks being prepared on the table. She couldn’t remember if there’s any occasion they’re gonna celebrate that day until a pair of warm arm circled around her waist from behind and a kiss on the cheek. She smiled and turned around to kiss him on his lips and asked, “What’s with all the surprises?”

“Can’t tell, it’s a surprise after all. Where’s Stephanie?”

“Not again, baby! Please! I’m not gonna talk about this anymore! She’s our child for God’s sake…” Tiffany raged but was cut off with a kiss on her lips.

“Mommy?” Stephanie walked out while rubbing her eyes and both Soonkyu and Tiffany broke off from the kiss and stared at her.

“Morning, baby!” Tiffany replied with a smile and walked towards her daughter and lift her up in her arms.

“Hey, Stephy~!” Soonkyu called her with a smile.

All of them then walked to the dining room and had a breakfast together. Soonkyu was eating in silence while Tiffany and Stephanie was eating while giggling all around in their own world. After a few minutes, Soonkyu fake a cough and that caught both of the girls’ attention.

“So, I have something to say,” he started.

“Soonkyu, please! Not here!” Tiffany stressed a bit.

“Here me out, please?” Soonkyu replied.

Tiffany sighed in rage, “Fine! But we’re over after this!”

“I’m sorry, Stephanie!” he said.

Tiffany was astounded by the confession. What did he mean?

“I’m sorry that I didn’t treat you well these past year. Daddy isn’t being a good daddy. So will you forgive daddy?” Soonkyu asked as he kneeled down beside his daughter and looked at her.

He got no response.

“Please? I promise I’ll try to be better for you!” he pleaded.

She smiled and kiss him on the cheek, “Yes, daddy! Stephy loves daddy so much!”

Soonkyu was beaming with tears in his eyes and so did Tiffany. She didn’t expect her husband to do that and more, apologizing to his daughter.

“I love you two so much!” Soonkyu said as he hug his daughter and pulled his wife in for a big group hug.

“I love mommy and daddy forever!” Stephanie shouted in glee.

As Soonkyu put his daughter down to continue with her breakfast, Tiffany pulled Soonkyu in for a hug and whisper in his ear, “What makes you change your mind all of sudden?”

“An incident,” he answered short and kissed her.

“It’s really a bless of having a daughter.” He continued.

Both of them smiled while watching their daughter eat in bliss.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

TADAAA~~~! 
 

So here's the catch for everyone: leave a comment along with one song for me to write a story with the flow of the song for you. :B
I'll try my best. Okay!
Bye!
God bless you all! <3<3