For You (J-Hope/Hoseok)

K-Pop Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: I don't even know.)

 

 

 

 

 

***************

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh, no."

 

"But yes."

 

"I—"

 

"'Will do it because it's my section and that's what I'm supposed to do'? Yeah, thought so."

 

"Namjoon—"

 

"Go get her . . . order at least."

 

Jung Hoseok sighed, slumping his shoulders. His lips were pushed out in a pout, but his gaze was fixed on the girl sitting at the small white booth next to the window. Her eyes were scanning the menu, even though she always ordered the same thing: a cup of hot chocolate and a sandwich to-go. The consistency was comforting.

 

"Can't you do it?" The question sounded more like a whine, and the manager shot the two boys a glare before walking away.

 

Namjoon shook his head. "She's not in my section." He picked up a plate of steak from the counter. "Besides, you've been courting her for months now. Or, well, trying to."

 

"Courting her?" Hoseok echoed, following Namjoon all the way to his table. "I'm not in my forties, nor was I born in the forties."

 

Namjoon carefully placed the plates on the assigned table, smiling apologetically at the people sitting around it. Turning around, he gave Hoseok one of his 'looks'. The kind that say 'I know way more than you ever will'. "What if she likes all that? Chivalry, and courting, and knights and all?"

 

Hoseok pushed Namjoon away, taking out his notepad and pen from his apron's pocket. "Out of my way! Can't you see I'm trying to court her?"

 

 

Kim Miya sat as still as she possibly could at her booth, pretending to decide what to eat. She did not want anyone else to notice her but the boy with the brightest smile she'd ever seen.

 

Jung Hoseok.

 

She only knew his name because of the black nametag on his crisp white shirt. And yet, she had trouble getting her mind off him.

 

He had to be the cutest, chirpiest, and the most happy-looking boy she had ever seen, with his bright smile, twinkling eyes and relaxed face. He was a total klutz—dropping plates, mixing up orders, or even completely forgetting about them—but even then, Miya found him absolutely adorable.

 

She tapped her fingers impatiently on the table, trying to memorise the menu while she waited.

 

"H-Hi!"

 

Miya jumped a little in her seat before collecting herself and looking up—and into the wide (and nervous) grin of Hoseok.

 

"Are you ready to order?"

 

Hoseok curled his toes inside his shoes, trying not too smile too wide, or be too obvious. But she looked especially nice today, with her hair tied up messily, and her short bangs framing her face. Even her soft smile looked prettier today as she nodded.

 

"I'll have a cup of hot chocolate, and a—"

 

"A ham and cheese sandwich to go," Hoseok finished for her—and instantly bit his tongue. So much for being 'too obvious'.

 

Miya looked amused for a second. "Yes," she said with a slow nod. "That."

 

He pretended to scribble it all down, even though he had it written when she first entered. "And anything to drink?" Hoseok absent-mindedly asked.

 

She cleared and he looked up from his notepad with a question in his eyes.

 

"I just told you—hot chocolate?"

 

Hoseok blinked. Then blushed. Then cursed himself silently. "Of course you did. I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter