004

Miss Hidden Jem

 

‘ Yea, they were glaring at me,’ Chunji said to the rest of Teentop. It was lunch and ,unfortunately, Teentop had to ditch Hyeri and her friends to deal with the current situation.

 

‘But aren’t they Hyeri’s new neighbours?’ Ricky asked

.

‘Unfortunately, yea. What shall we do?’ Chunji said.

 

‘ I guess there’s always the ‘ stick-very-close-and-dont-let-other-interfere ‘ method,’ Ljoe said.

 


 

‘ Hey Suga oppa,’ Hyeri said as she plopped down beside Suga. As Suga was thinking a lot about their encounter with Teentop, he didn’t hear Hyeri.

‘Hello?’ Hyeri said, waving her hands infront of Suga. She realised that everyone was acting really lost, she couldn’t even find Teentop. She sighed as she ate her food. The other BTS members then came piling in. And soon, the table was filled with laughters and cheerful conversations.

 

‘ Can I go to your house to do the art project?’ Hyeri asked Suga as lunch came to an end. The duo had been paired up by their art project to do a project that is 45% of their year-end results. They had to draw a portrait of something describing their partners, after getting to know each other.

 

‘ Oh yeah, sure. Ermm, let’s just walk home from school, since you do stay right next door,’ Suga suggested. Hyeri nodded her head.

 

‘ I’ll wait for you at the foyer after school,’ Hyeri said as she part ways with BTS.

 

‘ Wanna hang out after school?’ Amber asked Krystal and Hyeri as they walked to their History class.

 

‘ Sorry, but I’m booked already,’ Hyeri said. She really wanted a break from school, even though it just started, however her aunt and uncle decides everything more or less on Hyeri’s grades.

 

‘ Its okay, we know about your little date with Suga,’ Krystal said teasingly at Hyeri. Hyeri’s cheeks flushed red as she took her file and hit her best friend out of embarrassment.

 

As they entered the classroom, they saw Teentop laughing away in a corner of the room. It was the only class Hyeri had with Teentop and luckily for her, she sat righ beside them. Using the file she used to hit Krystal, she hit Chunji’s back a little too hard.

 

‘ Ah! ‘ Chunji cried out in pain as he used his hands to rub his back, ‘ what did you do that for?’

 

‘ Oh you know, someone went away to somewhere not inviting me and ditching me during lunch,’ Hyeri said, emphasizing on ‘someone’.

‘ Look, we had some…. gang issues we had to settle sorry for ditching you,’ Ljoe said in a soft gentle voice and it almost made Hyeri melt. Hyeri knew that Teentop was a gang but that all there’s to it. Teemtop never revealed any of their activities with Hyeri although Hyeri was always the person that bandaged their wounds when they got into fights.

 

‘I-it’s okay,’ Hyeri said as she sat down beside the boys and turned to her girl friends and had a small conversation before their History teacher, Mr Kim, came in to the classroom.


 

The bell rang and many students took their bags and rushed off to who-knows-where. The girls took their time to pack their bags and slowly trudged out of the classroom. As she reached the foyer, she waved goodbye to her friends. They were going to watch the new movie together and although Hyeri wasn’t with them, they promised to keep Hyeri updated on their activities through text messages.

 

‘ Hey, sorry that I made to wait, my teacher released my class late. Did you wait for a long time?’ Suga said as he came rushing towards Hyeri.

 

‘ Its okay, let’s drop by my favourite bubble tea shop first kay? And you’re treating since you are late,’ Hyeri replied.

 

Suga smiled as he used his big hands and ruffled Hyeri’s hair.  The duo walked together to a bubble tea shop nearby their houses, occasionally, they’ll push each other around.

 

As they approached the nameless bubble tea shop, they saw that it was empty except for 2 boys who Hyeri recognised from the countless times she saw them. They were Sehun and Luhan from SM High, a prestigious school. She waved to them and approached the kind lady that worked that.

 

‘ 2 Green Tea Milk Tea,’ Hyeri told the lady.

 

‘ Hey! Who asked you to order for me?’ Suga said lightly hitting Hyeri’s arm.

 

‘ Oh! You hit a lady!? How could you?’ Hyeri spoke in a exaggerated manner. Suga and Hyeri held eye contact or a moment before brusting out in laughter.

 

‘ Mmm~’ Suga said as he took a sip of the Green  Tea Milk Tea,’ its better than how you have described.’

 

‘Yea… Wait, are you insulting my describing skills?’ Hyeri asked as she hit Suga’s arm.


' This, mi'lady, is you,' Suga said as he showed Hyeri a drawing of green tea milk tea.

The duo have been getting to know each other better for 1 hour. It wasn't long however, it felt like they've been friends since forever.

'Yah! I maybe be addicted to green tea milk tea, but draw something presentable ,' Hyeri said as she continued her sketching. She have been sketching a picture of antique pocket watch. To her Suga was someone , despite the little time they've know each other, who is very important to her. Just like time.

Suga was enchanted by the countless sketches scattered all over the floor by Hyeri. They were 'rejects' but to Suga, the sketches were really pretty. He was hopeless when it came to drawing but he knew he had to draw something. Suddenly, an idea popped up. He quickly took out a notebook he kept in his bag and started on the project.

Hyeri's phone rang and she picked up. It was Amber.

' Hey,' Hyeri said lazily.

' Sup, so how's the project going?' Amber asked.

' Good I guess, I wished I could have gone to the Mall with you guys though,' Hyeri said. Its not that she didn't like hanging out with Suga but she really missed going out with her friends since school have decided to pile homework on her.

' Why are you even rushing? The project is like due in 4 months,' Amber asked, confused.

' 2 pieces handed in by each person, 1 of the before impression and 1 of the after,' Hyeri mimicked their art teacher, Miss Song's voice.

' Oh shoot! I forgot she added in that part,' Amber said as she started to get a little panic.

Hyeri laughed at her friend. ' You can do it tomorrow I guess, if its still counted as first day impression of Ilhoon,' Hyeri suggested. Ilhoon was quite popular with the ladies, it wasn't like girls would scream at the sight of him. But many girls still crush on him. Amber thought it was unfortunate for hr to be partnered with Ilhoon. Amber, although have never talked to Ilhoon, thought that Ilhoon ws a jerk.

' Haha thanks for the sugestion, Krystal and I are going into the theather talk to you later,' Amber said in a rush as she hanged up.

Hyeri sighed as she continued sketching. '


After another hour,  the duo were finally done with the first impression drawings.

' Let me see~,' Hyeri whined as she begged Suga to show her his drawing.  Suga refused as he ran awayh with his drawings, out of Hyeru's room, toward the living room where Myungsoo and Soohyun were watching a variety show.  Hyeri slowed down when she realised that her uncle and aunt were there and sat beside Suga. She would secretly pinch Suga's arm when her uncle and aunt weren't looking, and her pinches were painful.

' Fine, fine! ' Suga said as he showed Hyeri his drawing. It was of a crumpled paper with a short poem he had written. Hyeri was truly mesmerised at  Suga's drawing.

' Wow... Who knew you could draw this well?' Hyeri said under her breath but Suga still heard it. His cheeks flushed a light pink colour at the compliment.

He snatched his drawing back, stood up and went up to Hyeri's room, with Hyeri following behind.

' I've got a meeting to attend to, see you at school tomorrow,' Suga said with a smile as he took his backpack and headed downstairs, said goodbye to Hyeri's uncle and aunt before going out the door.

Hyeri plopped down on her bed. ' Phew, I'm so exhusted.' Hyeri thought to herself. It wasn't long before darkness took over and Hyeri drifted to sleep.