001

Miss Hidden Jem

"Hyeri! Get up now, you have to go to school. You don't want to be late right?" Aunt Soohyun shouted. Hyeri groaned and rolled out of bed, quickly doing her morning routine before going downstairs. She was greeted with the lovely smell of golden brown pancakes. Her Aunt placed the pancakes on two plate and served it to Hyeri's uncle, Myungsoo, and Hyeri.

 "Thanks, Aunt Soohyun!' Hyeri chirped as she gobbled down her breakfast.

 "You better leave before the gates close," Aunt Soohyun reminded. Hyeri nodded and picked up her bookbag. Slipping on her pink Converse before walking out.

 "See you tonight, Aunt Soohyun and Uncle Myungsoo!" Hyeri shouted as she carried on her walk to school. It wasn't that far, just a quick 15 minute walk before she would reach Central Busan High. Soon enough, the large grey building came into sight. Hyeri entered only to be greeted by a bunch of screaming girls.

 This was a usual routine in Central Busan High. The fangirls of the kingka group would be crowding around the gates to greet their 'Oppas'. Who are these 'Oppas'? They were one of the many gangs of Busan; Teen Top. With their looks and charms, they managed to capture all of the hearts of girls.

 When the screaming increased in volume and a constant chant of 'Teen Top' could be heard, Hyeri could tell he was here. Hyeri saw a spot of red and confirmed her suspicions as she steadily approached the group of boys; Teen Top.

 Teen Top is a gang consisting of six members; CAP, Chunji, L.joe, Niel, Ricky and Changjo. They were all good friends with Hyeri except for Chunji, who was Hyeri’s best friend since they were 5. CAP was their leader while Changjo was their maknae and they all were in high school. CAP was in third year while Chunji, L.joe and Niel were in second year. Naturally, Ricky and Changjo were only in their first year, considering the fact that they both were the youngest of the gang.

 "Oppa!" Hyeri greeted her best friend cheerfully and bowed politely to the rest of his gang. They smiled back and waved as they walked ahead to the main building.

 "Morning, Hyeri~" Chunji replied as the both of them strolled in behind the Teen Top boys. The glares from Teen Top's fangirls were evident, their piercing stares caused Hyeri to shiver. Chunji grinned as he slung his arm around Hyeri's shoulders.

 Hyeri and Chunji waved goodbye to the rest of Teen Top before entering their classroom. They took their seats which were each at the opposite ends of the classroom.

 "Hyeri~" cooed Krystal and Amber, both who were Hyeri's best friends. Hyeri grinned from ear to ear as she sat down in-between the both of them. They talked for awhile before their teacher, Miss Song, entered and called for attention. Miss Song took their attendance before starting her class on Korea's history.

 


 The bell rang and the students dashed out within seconds. The three girls rolled their eyes and casually strolled out. They entered the buzzing cafeteria and joined in the queue. After they grabbed their food, they sat down on their usual table next to Teen Top's table.

 Teen Top had actually wanted Hyeri to sit with them but Hyeri did not want to leave her two best friends alone. So, the three of them ended up with the table right beside Teen Top’s table.

 The doors burst open and all the girls started screaming. Teen Top entered cooly with smirks on their faces. They got their food and approached their table.

 “Hey girls,” they greeted. The nine of them started chatting and joking around, that was how easily they could get along. Unfortunately, the time flew by quickly and they all had to renturn to class for another brain-torturing 2 hours.

 


 

 “Thank you class, and please remember that your assignment on cells is due tomorrow,” Mrs Han said before striding out of the classroom in her towering heels.

 “Oh no! I totally forgot about that assignment!” Krystal groaned. She quickly picked up her tote bag and rushed home, hoping to be able to complete her assignment on time. Amber and Hyeri giggled at her forgetfulness and we walked out of the school gates together.

 Hyeri waved goodbye to Amber as they separated. Amber had to go to the bus stop to catch the bus because unlike Hyeri, she lived quite a distance away from school. Hyeri skipped home cheerfully but stopped halfway when she received a message from Chunji.

 Hyeri opened it up and it read: ‘I couldn’t say goodbye to you just now, you and Amber were so quick and I was stopped by Mr Yoo. But anyways best friend, i’ll see you tomorrow morning, okay?’

 Hyeri smiled at herself and texted back: ‘It’s okay Oppa. I’ll see you tomorrow :D’

 ‘Aigoo, this silly Oppa’ Hyeri thought as she continued walking. She saw her house and quickened her pace, quickly taking out her keys and unlocking the door. She kicked her Converse off and placed her bag on the floor.

 “Aunt Soohyun! I’m back!” Hyeri shouted as she walked into the kitchen. She smelled the aroma of delicious freshly baked cookies.

 “Omo, Aunt Soohyun! Why are you baking so many cookies?” Hyeri questioned.

 “For our new neighbours of course,” she replied. Hyeri nodded ‘new neighbours?’

 Hyeri shrugged her shoulders and went to her room to start on her math homework. However, her eyelids started to feel heavy and soon enough, she entered dreamland.