Agua de Mayo

05/01

 

 

 


It was one of the days where Baekhyun just wanted to curse everything and everyone around him. This must be one of those days which did not give him any good signs or so whatever. God must have cursed him this day.

 

It was chilly when he first woke up, a stinging pain strike on his head as he sat up, groaning he looked around the room where he was. Trashed, he then remembered the events last night. Well if he wasn’t such an idiot to throw a party for his heartbreak maybe his house wouldn’t be this messed up or his head won’t be screaming out from pain.

He dragged his feet along the hallways of his house towards the kitchen to find an Advil, what he wasn’t expecting was the disaster awaits at his living room. If his room was trashed, his whole house was dumped plus some bodies lying everywhere, if this is luck then he must be cursing this hard.

 

It took him a good two hours to clean up everything, including the bodies which is by the way not dead. He looked up at his wall clock, nine in the morning. !  He mentally cursed as he dashed towards his bathroom to clean up his self, cause when you only have fifteen minutes to prepare everything before going to work, plus the twenty-five minutes’ drive towards your working place it’s not such a big deal especially when your boss is one hell scary.

When he says scary, scarier than chuckie’s face.

 

Well .

He was late, and the punishment for tardy people is that they stay until the closing time, which is by the way seven in the evening. You could actually feel the dark aura emitting all over his self while he was wearing that cherry smile, which is by the way really creepy when you combine both.

“What’s with the mood Byun?”

“What do you think Kyungsoo?”

He glared at the person besides him who has a decency to ask him what’s wrong, when it’s so obvious what’s wrong. Kyungsoo just shrugged as he continue to take the order of the customer infront of him.

“Well if you weren’t so stupid to throw a party because of your heartbreak, which was really stupid by the way, who would throw a party because of his heartbreak anyway- you wouldn’t have to stay till the closing time.”

Sighs. “Kyungsoo you know I really don’t need this right? Well aren’t you supposed to be happy?” He looked at me a little surprised, “You’re boyfriend isn’t the one who will stay to close the whole store” Kyungsoo kind of choked, well that caught his attention.

“Well excuse me if my boyfriend is so lazy to got to work.” They heard a distinct I heard that in the background which made them smile. “Well at least you both are going strong” Baekhyun said while looking at his hands. “Oh gosh Byun, don’t be so depressed about Jongdae, I know you’ll find someone who is much fun than that troll” Kyungsoo gave the latter one a little pat on the back before resuming to his work.

 

 

 

On the other side…

 

 

 

“PARK CHANYEOL”

 

A girl in red stiletto came crashing on the said boy’s room, he looked at the big lump residing on its bed. Rolling her eyes, she approached the bed and gave the lump a hard kick, reminder she’s wearing stiletto. Suddenly a deep voiced wailed at the sudden pointed material that pierced through his waist, which really hurts cause what the hell.

The big lump came to life, lifting up his blankets ready to shout whoever did that, but immediately froze when he saw who the culprit is.

“M…mom?”

Chanyeol looked terrified, well who wouldn’t when your mom is practically sending you death glares with her creepy smile.

“Yes, honey, I came here to pick you up because we have lots to talk about” with that, his mom left, leaving Chanyeol to pray for his dear life.

 

“Park.Chan.Yeol”

His mother practically gritted out word by word as she said his name, nails tapping the glass table continuously while looking calm. They were at the veranda having their unusual breakfast.

“But mom,” Chanyeol started “I thought we already talked about this Chanyeol” His mother “cutted in. “You said you want what’s best for me” “Well I think this is the best for you” “No mom, just no.” “Chanyeol-” Chanyeol left a sigh, “Mom I don’t like her in all honesty I find her annoying.” Chanyeol’s mom was little surprised but composed herself once again.

“But I thought you liked her?” she asked cautiously, which earned a delicate head shake, “No?” she said trying to clear things up. “I know she’s your bestfriend daughter, but mom that doesn’t mean I would like her also, and if you were in my place you would also tell me how horrible she was.” His mother gasped taken aback by the vulgar words his son dropped.

“Park Chanyeol take that back, I’m sure she’s not worse.”

“Well not worse than you” Chanyeol muttered before picking up his plate, standing up leaving his mother gaping at his words.

“PARK CHANYEOL!”

 

 

 

“Well that bro.”

“I know, if only I could tell mom”

“I’m sure you can, it’s just that you’re pretty much afraid. You should learn how to face your own fears sometimes Yeol.”

 

Chanyeol looked at Tao, who was sitting beside Kris, arms draped around Kris’s waist. Makes him want to gag but he also respects the couple infront of him. He envied them, not in the bad way, but in a good way, he envied them because the two could easily flaunt their relationship without hiding anything. Well that’s what you get when your parents are pretty accepting towards what you really are.

Tao and Kris’s parents respected their son’s and their decision to have a relationship with the same gender, they may not seem that supportive but he knows how happy they are as their son’s is always happy.

 

“Hey look man, maybe if you try to man up and tell your mother about the truth, it wouldn’t be that bad right?” Chanyeol looked at Kris like trying to figure out what kind of food did the latter one ate this morning. “I mean, I think she already had hint that you’re gay, any mother will notice it one way or another to be honest.”

“Kris is right, I mean you refusing all those y ladies I think she got the hint, and maybe this was the last time she’ll pursue you to date a girl, right? I mean the last one was already the 21th you’ve been set up by your mom, I think also had enough.”

“Then why is she so frustrated?” He asked like Tao would know why, which was only replied by a shrug, as expected.

“Oh hey, you wanna go out for lunch? I heard there’s a good café downtown.” Tao asked Chanyeol as he was fixing his things same with Kris. “Nah you two go ahead, I have lots of paper works to finish.” Kris and Tao bid farewell, as soon as the door closed Chanyeol let out a soft smile.

He walked over the window on his back which gave the best of Seoul’s view, he looked up to the clouds and found it turning into greyish colour, guess it’s gonna rain.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stared out at the window, seated by the far end of the café he sighed. The skies are turning grey and suddenly the atmosphere becomes shallow. He admits that he hates the hot weather a while ago, but he didn’t expect to rain actually.

He adores the moments when the droplets of rain made contact with his window, but this is not the right time to admire those little water, well you ask why? Because he is still depressed by the last week events, I mean- you and your boyfriend for three years suddenly broke up with a slight reason you didn’t even fought the past day before the break up happened.

Well .

“Baekhyun, you’re break is over” his manager shouted, as he groggily stood up cursing his boss internally.

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol, I picked the perfect girl for you” his other exclaimed through his hand phone, he sighed for the nth of that day, “Mom…” Chanyeol groaned while pinching the bridge of his nose. “I know I know, you’ve been a lot, but I promise you, would definitely like this girl-“ he cut his mom before she rants out all those positive side of this new girl, what he didn’t expect was he will confess at bad time.

“I’m gay mom” the other line became dead silent, leaving nothing but the clanking sound of some kitchen utensils (he thinks) in the background, it took a good few minutes before he heard a sigh on the other line.

“Mom…?” he cautiously called out, afraid that his mother might burst out to rant about how inappropriate to be gay and how he doesn’t want a gay son or the fact that he was afraid that his mother might disown him.

He was about to call his mom again, until a deafening squeal burst throughout the speaker of his phone.

“OMG YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME EARLIER YOU LITTLE , AND IF YOU ARE WORRYING ABOUT ME DISOWNING YOU YOU’RE PRETTY MUCH STUPID, I MEAN LIKE OMG FINALLY, MY SON ADMITTED HE’S GAY AND AND ALL AND OMG OMG, I NEED TO TELL YOUR DAD, HE’LL BE ING HAPPY ABOUT THIS NEWS.”

And with that, his mom hanged up leaving a beeping sound on the other line. Chanyeol was dumbfounded, what just happened?

 

 

“Well congratulations , your mom was really right about you being stupid.” Kris said as he sipped the coffee on his hands, looking pretty comfortable on the couch in his office. Tao was nowhere to be seen since the panda was working his out unlike his lazy boyfriend.

“Yeah, yeah, well I don’t need to be told twice, my ears still hurts from her outburst.” Chanyeol sighed as he looked outside his window again, the gloomy atmosphere was starting to the Seoul’s busy streets.

 

 

 

 

 

It was already six in the evening, Baekhyun sigh contentedly closing hours will be in hour from now. His legs were pretty sore by now, from all the standing he made, his boss didn’t gave him break, except for lunch and snack break. Bastard. 

He looked around the shop, it was already deserted, and no more customers are coming in since it was already the time where everyone supposed to be taking a break from their work. He was about to go out from his position when the bell chimed signalling there is someone came inside their store, sighing he pulled his heart racing smile towards whoever it was.

There he was stunned at the image of the boy.

 

Tall, perfect figure, in a suite, double the hotness please, hair pushed up, eyes that are sparkling through the evening.

Oh give him also a round of applause for pulling out the spec look, he looks irresistible at the moment.

 

Baekhyun tried to contain his raging feels, he really tried but he can’t hide the fact that he was blushing as the taller boy was approaching the counter slowly, thank goodness the latter one was looking around and can’t see Baekhyun’s pink cheeks.

He composed his self as the man finally reached the counter.

 

“Hi may I get you order?”

The taller one was also surprised when he saw the petite boy with an attractive smile supporting his face, he gave the other one a smile also and practically can see the blush forming on the latter’s cheek which made Chanyeol chuckle.

“I’ll just get a caramel macchiato and a piece of blueberry cheesecake.”

Baekhyun nodded as the man once again flashes his smile before finding his seat. Baekhyun worked on the coffee, and scoop a piece of blueberry cheesecake and place it in a tiny plate, moving it to a tray with the coffee done.

The tall man was seated near the end by the window, Baekhyun didn’t know why his heart was beating rapidly while eyeing the side profile of the latter one, he didn’t know why there is something fluttering inside of him as he approached the boy.

Maybe the serene look inside his eyes.

He coughs signalling his presence, slowly placing the coffee cup and the plate on the table, the man turned to him then to the food. He was about to leave when the man beat him to it.

“Hey, uhmm…” Baekhyun turned his attention to the man, he raised an eyebrow. “Could, you uhh… accompany me while I eat? I mean, there’s no one else except for us.” Baekhyun turned around see that the man was right, he let a small smile and nodded to the man trudging his way to table again. As he sat infront of the man Baekhyun gave the man an awkward smile, while the latter gave one of his genuine smile.

“Chanyeol” he extended his arms, hands dangling on the air asking for a handshake “Park Chanyeol.” Baekhyun accepted the handshake returning the politeness, “Baekhyun,” he smiled “Byun Baekhyun”

 

 

 

The two just chatted away through the night not noticing the time, that’s when Baekhyun checked his wrist watch. “Oh ! It’s already this late?!” he hurriedly fixed the use plate and cup on the table and dashed to the back of the counter. Making sure he fixed everything before going out, he let out a sigh. He was thankful that there isn’t much of things left unattended.

He saw Chanyeol standing at the counter looking at him curiously. Baekhyun let out a shaky laugh and cleared his throat.

“Sorry, I got carried away. Closing time was an hour ago, so… yeah” Baekhyun scratched the back of his head, embarrassed by not noticing the time. Chanyeol just gave him a light chuckle. Checking once again, they went out from the café and close down.

They were walking to the bus stop, the streets were incredibly quite till Baekhyun felt something on his cheeks, then he felt it again. He lifted his hands, checked what it is.

A droplet of water.

He looked up to the sky, the rain started to pour. Chanyeol noticed it also, tug on his arms, “Hey let’s take a run, it wouldn’t take long before the rain pour hard.” But Baekhyun stayed on his place, a smile graces through his mouth, his eyes turning into crescents.

“Have you heard the saying,” he started as he looked at Chanyeol, “that when you bath under the rain during the first of May you could have plenty of blessings, luck and probably could heal you.” Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun before realizing something, “You believe that?” he asked, “Well I do believe in it now” he said as he looked at Chanyeol in his eyes, smiled.

 

Well, you’re the living proof why should I believe in it.


 

 

 

 

a/n: well, i don't know if you are all familiar with that saying, my mom always tell us this cause you know the blessing and all. well i was inspired to do this oneshot cause it actually rained today (again) and i was listening to akmu's melted, which is by the way melted my heart♥ it's not that long, probably how i would summarize my day plus it's not beta yet so sorry if there are some mistakers, spelling/grammar-- english is not my first language okay? and i often have typo's : DD oh an i actually post this on May First, well yhat's all, i am currently working also on a chaptered(?) fic, it's also ChanBaek, i hope you stay tune ^^~

 

follow me here ♥twitter // i also posted this on my livejournal : )♥