Learning the meaning of life

12 Princes and One Princess

Life isn't just a bowl of rainbow and sunshine.

I was still young when they were taken, ripped away from my life. I was ten years old when we got into a massive car accident. I still remember that day although it is a little blurry now.

We were coming back home from visiting my uncle who was sick by the time. My oldest brother was on his way home from the hotel after work when he noticed dad’s car passed his.

Dad signalled at him, I waved at him and he smiled at me. He finds the nearest U-Turn and followed us from behind.

It was a very happy day. We sang and talked and laughed together in the car. My mom sang my favourite song as she smiled towards me. I do not know why but every time she smiles, she manages to make me feel so warm and loved. My dad hummed to the song together and took a glance at me who seemed to be brighter than usual.

I didn't expect the next.

I was casually looking at the road in front of me and it was just a blink of an eye when the time for mom and dad to go came.

Suddenly, there three cars collided with each other, right in front of our car!

Dad hit the brakes hard, the tires screeched! I was screaming, my mom hugged me tight. I buried my face in her chest. 

Then, BANG!

Screams. Yes, I remember the screams. The last thing I remember are the screams. Maybe I am scared of dark and tiny places because of that incident.