CHAPTER 10

Ugly Mistake

“are you joining us?” asked Yoona. Jessica sat in front of her and Yuri. She nodded her head before answering. “of course. I’ve been waiting for this for so long. To get out from that house for a while,” she said.

 

Yuri chuckled. “already? You have been married for only 10 days and you already can’t stand him. Yah, I am wondering how both of you survive until now. I thought I’ll hear the news about one of you being killed before your wedding night end,” Yuri said. Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“I’ve been holding myself not to. You know how hard to hold back my anger. Aish, he really knows how to torture my life. I guess this is the reason why he wanted to get married. Does he see me an easy target or something?” Jessica asked. Yoona shook her head while tapping Jessica’s shin.

 

“aniya, but if I were at his place, I will do the same thing. You’re very easy to be bullied. Your face looks like you beg for it,” Yoona said.

 

“what?!”

 

“see? Your reactions really make you an easy target. Just ignore him. Don’t give him what he wants. That is what a real torture,” Yoona suggested.

 

“why didn’t I think of that before?” Jessica replied.

 

“because you’re too busy to plan the best way to get back to him. Right now, fire can’t be fight with fire. Use your intelligence, your tiny little brain here to get back to him.” Yuri pointed to her temple. Jessica nodded her head.

 

“didsajang-nim know that you’re going to the SMTOWN?” Yoona asked, turning back to their original conversation.

 

Jessica nodded. “I did tell him. He can’t stop me obviously. I just want to have a nice short break after the wedding. I feel worse than being forced to go to a variety show. Stress and all,” Jessica replied.

 

“are you going to perform with us? And, how about the baby? I think people will be able to see your tummy with our outfits,” Yuri said.

 

“that’s my main concern here. But, I think, sooner or later, people will know about this and I can’t avoid it. About the performance, I’m joining you guys. But there will be a slight change with the choreograph since I can’t dance with our usual moves.”

 

“yah, you can’t just show up being pregnant! Don’t you remember the reactions after you announced your wedding? People were mad at you. I think you should make an official announcement about getting pregnant before showing up with your bulging tummy,” advised Yuri. Yonna nodded her head, agreeing with Yuri’s suggestion.

 

Jessica sighed. “why do I have to get myself into this mess? I’ll talk with Nichkhun and Sajang-nim about this,” finally she agreed with Yuri and Yoona.

 

“how’s the baby? Is everything alright?” Yoona asked.

 

“urghhh, this is something that you don’t know but, FYI, I spent almost half of my morning throwing out my stomach content, every morning. Can you imagine that? Why do I have to have this morning sickness? I didn’t have it before my wedding and suddenly…,” Yuri and Yoona laughed at her revelation.

 

Jessica pouted at her friends’ reactions. “how could you,” she said.

 

“even his baby knows how to torture you,” Yoona said.

 

“that’s what I said to him,” Jessica replied.

 

**********************************

 

Jessica approached Nichkhun who was sitting on the couch inside their living room. He was flipping through the channel, looking for interesting show. She cleared , tried to gain his attention. He looked at her while raising his thick eyebrows.

 

“I have something to tell you,” Jessica said.

 

“shoot,” he replied shortly. He leaned himself backward, resting his back to the couch.

 

“it’s not like I want to ask your permission or whatnot but I just want to inform you. I’m going to Thailand next week for our SMTOWN concert,” Jessica confessed.

 

“are you going to perform? In that condition?And what about the baby? I don’t think you can cover that with your tiny little outfits,” Nichkhun asked.

 

Jessica adjusted her position. “that’s what I want to discuss. I think it’s time for us to announce about the baby. Yuri said I can’t just show up being pregnant. And I’m going to perform with my members,” Jessica said. Nichkhun stayed silent for a few moments, thinking hard.

 

  “what if something happen to the baby during the performance?” he asked.

 

“it’s not like we’re going to perform all day long. And there will be a slight adjustment of the moves for my part, so I don’t have to dance like the other members,” Jessica said. Nichkhun nodded.

 

“I’ll talk with Jinyounghyung about the announcement,” Nichkhun decided.

 

Jessica nodded in reply. She changed her attention towards the show on the tv. It was then she realized that was the first civil conversation they had after their marriage. Most of their time will end up with argument. Jessica glanced at him and sighed. They can be friend if they tried their best for it.

 

**************************************

 

As he expected, the reactions to their announcement were no joke. People were making speculations about their wedding and the pregnancy, saying that he only married her just because of the baby. Well, of course that was true but he didn’t like the sound of it.

 

I don’t’ deny that the pregnancy was out of our plan but we were already planning of our wedding when my wife found out that she’s pregnant,’ Nichkhun remembered answering one of the questions from the reporters. ‘of course I’m happy with the new member of Horvejkul family,’ he added while flashing his best smile toward the reporters.

 

are you excitedabout the baby, Jessica-shi? You guys are just at top of your career and now the baby is coming along. I bet you can’t join most of your group activities because of the pregnancy,’ Jessica laughed at the question. She shook her head before answered. ‘the baby is a gift that was given to us and of course I’m excited. The baby is the symbol of our love and I don’t mind having him or her anytime soon. I know my condition will permit me from doing the activities with my members but I’ll make sure that I’ll present to support them and I won’t disappoint my fans,’ Jessica replied.

 

who do you think the baby will look like?’ asked one reporter.

 

of course it’s me. With my look and my brain, my baby will become the baby of the nation,’ Nichkhun said playfully. Jessica gave him a secret glare between her laugh. Reporters were laughing with them after hearing his answer. ‘whyhun, everyone here agrees the baby will be better with my looks,’ Nichkhun added to Jessica. Jessica tried to ignore him. She pouted her lips.

 

this is always her responds when I said the baby will be better with my looks. Of course dear, I was joking, always am. The baby will look just like you,’ Nichkhun said, acting along the way. Jessica cursed inwardly. He leaned toward Jessica and whispered into her ear, ‘you know that I was not joking about the baby is better with my looks and brain.’ Jessica can feel that he was smirking and she wanted to punch his face right there in front of the reporters. She held herself together and smiled in return. ‘of course dear, keep dreaming,’ Jessica replied in the same tone to him.

 

*****************************************

 

Jessica looked at her reflection on the mirror. Her face didn’t look like she was pregnant. The fat was still not there. However, she can’t cover her stomach any longer. She was already in her fifth month and although her stomach was smaller than average, it was still obvious. Her doctor asked her to adjust her diet and didn’t do anything that harms the baby. She rubbed her stomach and smiled slowly. She started to get used with the baby inside her.

 

“hey, are you ready?” asked Sunny. Jessica nodded.

 

“where’re others?” she followed Sunny. They were going to have an interview before the concert started. “they are already there,” Sunny said. “By the way Jess, you look glowing,” Sunny said to her.

 

“please, I always look glowing,” Jessica said cheekily. Sunny laughed at her arrogant replied. “yah! I mean this is different kind of glowing. I guess being pregnant makes you like this. I really envy you right now. I wish that I can get married now and have babies sooner,” Sunny replied. Everyone knew how much this girl loved kids and it was all over her face. Jessica laughed at her expression.

 

“you only heard the good things about pregnancy Sunny. Once you’re experiencing it yourself, you’ll wish that you’ll return to your old self,” Jessica said to her over-excited friend.

 

“are you?” Sunny asked.

 

“there were times that I wish I can turn back to my old self, but weirdly, most of the time, I’m not,” Jessica revealed. “having this inside me calm me down sometimes,” she added while rubbing her tummy.

 

“my sister said when you’re pregnant, most of the women will experience the morning sickness and such but you know what, that’s the beauty of pregnancy. That makes us women special. I guess I will have that thought, wanting to go back to my old self. But, I won’t regret having this inside me,” Sunny said.

 

“you should get married faster, you know,” Jessica said to her.

 

“let’s see what my uncle will say about this,” Sunny laughed, imagining her uncle’s reaction if she asked about the marriage. Jessica laughed along with Sunny.

 

********************************

 

“it’s a good thing to have all of you together,” said the interviewer after the group introduced themselves. “Jessica-shi, it’s good to see you back with the other members. Although we have an extra member as a bonus,” the interviewer continued. Jessica laughed and bowed slightly.

 

“dae. It has been awhile since I appear on tv shows with my members,” Jessica said. The interview continued without touching any of their personal lives. At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked them about the marriage.

 

“are you guys going to follow Jessica’s step? Yoona and Sooyoung have revealed dating a few months back and are you guys have plan to tie the knot anytime soon?” she asked.

 

Sooyoung laughed at the question. “of course we do have the thought. Every single girl will have this dream and we are no different. I know we are at the age of having family and such. I guess we will go with the flow. We won’t say no to the marriage. Look how happy Jessica is with baby and all. I want to be that happy too,”Sooyoung answered.

 

“as for me, I am really envious to Jessica right now. Look how glowing she is with that baby inside her stomach. I wish that I can get married right now too,” Sunny opinioned her thought.

 

“sajang-nim, we want to get married too!!” Hyoyeon budged in. All the members laughed at Hyoyeon’s respond.

 

“how does it feels, having a married member?” the interviewer asked.

 

“well, I doesn’t change much. Except for she no longer lives with us, nothing’s changed. Jessica always joined us with the practices and such,” Taeyeon answered.

 

“and what about you Jessica-shi? Any obvious changes that you experienced after being married and now being pregnant,” the interviewer asked Jessica.

 

“nothing changed really. But, most of the time, I miss my old times with my members since both of us are busy with our career. We rarely spent our time alone after the honeymoon. Now having this baby, I can express how happy I was. Of course, the baby was unexpected but I welcome it into our family with open arms,” Jessica said.

 

“I think that’s all. I have a very good time with you guys today and I wish a good luck for your performance. Fighting!” the interviewer said.

 

“of course. Thank you for having us,” Tiffany said before the recording ended.

 

********************************

 

“oh my God, I was so damn tired,” Hyoyeon said. Jessica chuckled at her words while massaging her tired legs.

 

“yah, Jessica carry a lot heavier weight on her and she didn’t even sigh,” said Yuri.

 

“but she didn’t dance like we did,” Hyoyeon said with pouting lips.

 

“yah, stop fighting. We are all tired, okay,” Jessica stopped their little argument.

 

“unnie, are you going to visit your in-laws family? Well, we are at Thailand after all,” Seohyun asked.

 

“do I have to go?” Jessica asked tiredly.

 

“of course you should. At least show some respects towards the elders. Have you been to his family’s house before?” Sooyoung asked. Jessica shook her head in reply.

 

“then, you have to go,” Sooyoung said.

 

“I guess I have to,” Jessica replied. She grabbed her phone and hesitated for a moment. She scrolled down her contact list and found Nichkhun’s mother’s number. She dialed the number and slowly excusing herself from her members.

 


I am so sorry. i knowot has been late but hey, i double updated the story. are you guys happy. from now on, i can'tpromise to regularly update this fic since i have other commitment to do. but, don't worry. i'll try to double or maybe triple update once i update.so, guys, happy reading ;P