The reason

Save Me

Minho: I didn't expect you to come tonight.

Sulli: It's not like you invited me.

Minho: But I thought you wouldn't keep up with my tradition of coming here every full moon.

Sulli: *blushes* Do you remember that?

Minho: Of course.

Once again, they remained in silence but then Sulli spoke.

Sulli: I have been wondering...why would you guys want to live in my house?

Minho: *smirk* Well, we wanted to protect you...actually, I wanted to protect you, I just dragged them here.

Sulli: Why? I've been living here for 3 years and I've only had one accident and I'm sure it wasn't because of demons.

Minho: I just found out that you were living here.

Sulli: You didn't answer my question.

He looked at her and transformed into a wolf, then he rested his head on her shoulder and her cheek, Sulli blushed but didn't try to move him; Key had been watching the entire time but when he saw Minho transforming he rushed towards them, Minho sensed him approaching so he growled and transformed again to carry Sulli to his cave, he felt Key coming closer and closer but he wasn't going to give up easily so he used his powers to confuse Key and make him get lost. After a while they got there and he sat her down, he lit up a fire and sat in front of her.

Sulli: Why did you bring me here again?

Minho: There was a demon chasing us...

Sulli: Can't you take care of him?

Minho: I'd rather not to.

Sulli: Where are your friends?

Minho: We had a small fight and I'm trying to be as far from them as I can.

Sulli's phone rang, she had received a text message from one of her teachers, Minho held her arm and forced her to stand up.

Minho: We have to go.

Sulli: What? Why?

Minho: Your phone, they must have heard it, I can feel them closer.

He carried her and ran away from the cave, he wasn't sure where he should take her so he just ran around the mountains until he saw an archway made of rocks, he had never seen that before and walked through it but when he turned back it had disappeared.

Sulli: Where are we?

Minho: I'm not sure, I've never seen this place before.

Sulli: Ok...can you put me down?

Minho: Ah yes.

..

She took out her phone and saw her message, her teacher needed her homework urgently.

Sulli: Damn, I have to go back. Can you take me back home?

Minho: I'm afraid we cannot leave this place.

Sulli: What?! I have to! My teacher will kill me if I don't send my homework.

Minho: Had you finished it?

Sulli: I had to write a fairytale, I almost finished but I didn't have time to end it because I went out to see the moon, besides I didn't know how to end it.

Minho: It's my fault.

Sulli: It's not your fault, it was my decision but...we have to go.

He walked back to where they had come from but there was something like an invisible wall in front of him.

Minho: I don't think we'll be able to leave tonight.

Sulli: You're kidding, right?

She ran next to him and punched the invisible wall but it didn't open or anything, they had to stay there until they saw the archway again.

Sulli: Aish...What am I supposed to do?

Minho: Can't you do it here?

Sulli: I'm not sure, my phone is synchronized with my computer, I guess I could try to.

She looked around her files and found her fairytale, it had uploaded to her phone, it was going to be difficult but she only needed to find a way to finish the story. Minho offered to help.

Sulli: I don't know...I think I'm giving a lesson with this ending, one of my teachers told me books shouldn't give lessons...so I'm not sure.

Minho: I don't think it's like a lesson, it's something almost everyone does at some point of their lives.

Sulli: Not everyone.

Minho: I'd do it for you.

Sulli: *blush* You don't know much about me...

Minho: Is there something to be afraid of?

Sulli: Perhaps...I'm not sure.

Minho: What could be possibly wrong with your family? I mean, you're such a gentle good girl, how bad could your parents be?

Sulli: There's one reason why I decided to live on my own, my father is always busy with work and when he sees me he only shouts at me and lecture me; besides, he's the one who made the decision that I study from home, he's never been supportive and pushed me away from everyone...I'm like this because one of my teachers treated me like her own daughter, she would take care of me and stay with me when I felt lonely. She was always there for me until my father fired her claiming she was trying to kidnap me. My mother died when I was born and I've never met anyone else from my family just my grandparents and they're the exact same as my father.

Minho: You've been through a lot, but you can't stop trusting your father.

Sulli: I stopped trusting him when he allowed me to live away from him, if he really loved me he would have stopped me or visit me often...but he never does, he calls me once a year and that's when he wants me to meet one of his friends.

Minho: Do you miss your teacher?

Sulli: Yes, she's the first person who actually cared about me...unlike any other person I've been with.

Minho: What's your father's job?

Sulli: He's a politician but...I've read some pretty bad things about him, and also he's in pretty dangerous business,

Minho: Oh...

Sulli: He also kept me at home because he wants to keep me hidden.

Minho: Then he must want to protect you.

Sulli: That's not the case, he says that having a daughter is a weakness and also he doesn't want to give me my inheritance.

Minho: Why not?

Sulli: I don't know...

Minho: Let's forget it, we should just finish the story.

Sulli: I think it's fine, I like the idea.

Minho: Alright.

Once they were done, she sent it to her teacher and then stared the ground, Minho checked if the archway had appeared but it hadn't.

Minho: Why don't we explore this place?

Sulli: Alright, I was getting tired from sitting.

She got up and they walked around, they saw a staircase made of stones, next to it there were flowers and at the top of the staircase there was a waterfall, it was night time and the only thing that shone over them was the moon, it's reflection on the water was beautiful and Sulli was mesmerized by it's beauty. Minho looked at her and without thinking about it he pulled her close to him and approached her slowly but at that moment Minho heard something, he looked back to where they came from and saw the archway. He quickly got away from Sulli and stood there awkardly, she looked at him shocked.

Minho: Umm, let's go, we can go now.

Sulli: OK...

They ran towards the archway and when they crossed it they found themselves in front of her house.

Sulli: Thanks for helping me with my story, you were very helpful.

Minho: Sure, you can ask me anytime.

Sulli: Would you risk yourself just to help me?

Minho: I'd do that and more.

Sulli: But I don't want to trouble you, so...we shouldn't meet again.

Minho: But--

He heard a howl and looked down, they had found him, in a sudden they were covered in a white mist, after it vanished they saw Jonghyun and Key walking towards them.

Key: Where are they?!

Jonghyun: Minho didn't do anything.

Key: And Sulli is human...this must be...

Jonghyun: Shut up... let's just go back.

After they left Minho held Sulli's hand...

Sulli: Why couldn't they see us?

Minho: I think someone is trying to protect us.

Sulli: Who?

Minho: I know one single being that would do this...but I have to make sure first.

Sulli: Why?!

Minho: Because I can't blame her for this.

Sulli: Her?

He  ran back to his cave and she went into her house, she changed and got into her bed, she read for a while until she heard someone tap on her window, she looked towards her window but was unable to see anything. But the tapping became stronger and a small crack was visible on the glass, and at that moment a beautiful woman wearing a hanbok appeared opened the window and entered Sulli's room, she saw some kind of glow surrounding the woman.

Sulli: Who are you?

Ungnyeo: My name is Ungnyeo, wife of the divine king Hwanung. Have you heard my story?

Sulli: Ungnyeo?... Ah!

Ungnyeo: That's right, I'm the bear who became a woman.

Sulli: Why are you visiting me?

Ungnyeo: I have to warn you. If you keep walking through this path, difficulties will surely come if you love him you might overcome them but if you don't love him he will die and reborn as a demon. But there are two options, you can stop this love right now or he can become a human...but that's something I have to talk with him.

Sulli: Can he become human?

Ungnyeo: Yes...it's not very difficult but...dangerous.

A cold breeze entered the room, the goddess was startled and approached Sulli.

Ungnyeo: This will protect you from the demons that live in the forest, I recommend you to leave this place for a few months.

Sulli: Why?

Ungnyeo: A dark spirit is coming. I have to go now. Take care of yourself.

The goddess disappeared and Sulli was still confused, how did she get involved in all of that? Why would Minho fall in love with her when they barely knew each other? She was frightened by the thought of him becoming a demon, her decision was hard...she didn't know if she could fall in love with him after knowing what he was, what could happen if things didn't work out. She decided to sleep and try to find a solution the next day.