The truth

Save Me

Minho waited for her to go to sleep and then went out to help Jonghyun and the others to get rid of the demon and after they finished they went back to Sulli's house, but before they got inside Jonghyun talked.

Jonghyun: Apparently, I'm the only one who is thinking about the consequences of staying in her house, we'll draw more attention to her.

Onew: You're right, the demons can feel the presence of us spirits and wouldn't it be suspicious for 5 spirits to be in the same place?

Jonghyun: We're leaving tomorrow.

Minho: But what if a demon comes and attacks her? Who will be responsible for that?

Jonghyun: She's in more danger with us here, once again, demons are not afraid of us and they're actually waiting for us to put our guard down so they can steal our powers. We can't let all our efforts of protecting the mountain fail because of a mere human. 

Taemin: We could take our original form and protect her without her noticing.

Jonghyun: If that's the only solution Minho will be happy with, I'll do it.

The others agreed but Minho wanted to be with Sulli, as close as he could.

Onew: Then it's decided, we will protect her but it won't be our priority, we'll patrol around the area, Let's go inside.

Minho: Alright. But we'll have to make her believe that we're still living here as humans.

Onew: Of course.

They went inside and slept, but Minho couldn't accept the fact that he had to leave her alone, he didn't even know why he felt the need to protect her it was something that just happened, he knew that she had been living for a long time there and he had been there for thousands and even millions of years and it was weird because there was no possible way for her to be unnoticed by any of them, once they got close to her house as they escaped the day they met he felt attracted to her. Something lead him towards her, to him she was like a firefly in the middle of a dark room, so small but very bright, as they got to know each other the firefly became a fire...more and more big the more he knew her the brighter she was and that made him happy and it made him realize how lonely he really felt inside. 

He knew the next morning would be difficult for him but it was going to happen no matter what, they woke up and went to the dining room with the food already served but Sulli wasn't there, she left a note in the fridge.

"Good morning guys! :) I went to the city to do some stuff, I'll be back tomorrow, don't worry I'm with Tiffany.

-Sulli. 

P.S.: Don't break anything and if you need to go out, lock the house, I left a copy of the keys in the coffe table. See you tomorrow."

The guys: *poker face* Well...that's not good.

Onew: I guess we'll have to stay here for another day.

Jonghyun: What?! We gotta go! We'll just leave her a note and go!

Taemin: I don't know, she won't be here for a whole day and someone has to take care of the house, but we should go and take care of the demons around the mountain.

Key: We should leave, we'll just do as she said.

They wrote the letter and left it in the coffee table, after that they continued their jobs and took care of the demons in the mountain, Sulli had gone to fix some problems with the University and then went shopping with Tiffany. She stayed over in her house and the next day she had breakfast with her and she came back in the evening to her house, but once she was in front of her door she realized she had forgotten to take her keys, she looked under her mat but couldn't find the other pair of keys because that was the one she had given to the boys and they took it with them. She wasn't really sure where they lived but she took a flashlight out of her car and walked around the forest to find their house.

She wandered around for a long time and when she tried to go back, she heard some noises, they were coming from the space that was in front of her, she hid behind a bush and saw the guys, they were in front of a huge black spider, she gasped and quickly closed her own mouth not to scream. But she got more surprised when she saw through the bushes that the guys transformed into wolves, she was in shock and looked at them fighting against the spider. She didn't have the courage to run away because she really couldn't understand what was going on. After a while they defeated the spider demon, and Sulli stood up as fast as she could so she could go back home. But that was when the guys realised that someone had been watching, they followed her home but she got in her car and pretended to be asleep.

They transformed back into their human form and stood around her car...

Jonghyun: Are you sure it was her?

Taemin: Yeah, she was wearing the red scarf she always carries around.

Key: *looks at her* She's not wearing it right now, it must be our imagination.

Minho appeared with her red scarf on his hands.

Minho: She might have discovered our secret, I found this behind some bushes...

Jonghyun: Dammit, this wouldn't have happened if...how did this happen exactly?

Minho: She must have forgotten her keys.

Onew: We have to erase her memory.

Minho: What?!

Onew: It's for the best.

Minho: Yah! Remember the man who saw us last year? We erased his memory and he ended up having amnesia, I don't want her to forget everything about herself, her friends and her family. If it happens, who will be responsible for it?! She will wake up not knowing where she is!

Jonghyun: We've just done it once...we're not sure what could happen if we do it again.

Onew: Then what should we do about it?

Key looked at her from outside the car and realised that she was just pretending to be asleep and tapped the window.

Key: Yah! Get out of there, we need to talk.

She opened her eyes but didn't want to talk with them, Key punched the car's window and broke it, the broken pieces of glass fell over Sulli, Minho immediately pushed Key away and opened the door to take her out of the car, he didn't say anything to her and just carried her out of the car and ran away with her, she kept trying to push him away but he was way stronger than her. He took her to a cave where he usually spent time on his own, after they got there he sat her on the ground, she crawled backwards in fear, he sat in front of her and looked at her apologetically.

Sulli: Let me go.

Minho: Please let me explain.

Sulli: You're a monster!

Minho: I'm not a monster...not exactly.

Sulli: What are you then?!

Minho: We're guardian spirits. We were sent by the Gods to protect the mountain from demons.

Sulli: Demons? Like the spider from before?

Minho: Yes.

Sulli: Why did you become wolves?

Minho: Because that's our original form.

Sulli: How can I be sure that you're not demons?

Minho: If we wanted your soul we'd already taken it.

She was shocked and couldn't speak, after a few minutes Minho stood up, then he helped her stand up and took her back to her house, the guys were waiting for them next to her car. 

Minho: Here you have. *gives her the keys*

Sulli: *nods*

She took them and bowed, then she unlocked her door and got inside, she walked straight to her room and laid on her bed, she couldn't sleep that night. Meanwhile the guys asked him what he had told Sulli.

Onew: What happened?

Minho: I told her the truth.

Jonghyun: *furious* Why would you do that!? We'll get killed!

Minho: They won't, it's part of our job to rescue and protect humans, they have no reason to kill us...besides, they're too kind to kill someone.

Key: Yes, it's our job to protect them but they can't know what we are!

Minho: Why? Why can't they know about our existence?

Onew: Because we're not supposed to interact with them, it will bring chaos. Humans are temptation to divine creatures, those are the rules we must follow, you can become a demon!

Minho: I know that!

Onew: Then what is your problem? She's tempting you, get away from her.

Minho: But---

Onew: That's enough Minho! You are not allowed to approach her, not even watch her from afar.

Minho: Yah!

He was going to attack Onew but Taemin and Jonghyun held him back, Onew just walked away as he transformed into a wolf, Key followed him.

Onew: Make sure he doesn't get close to that girl and that he doesn't escape

Key: Ok.

But it was too late for that, Minho escaped to his cave, no one else knew about that place. He turned into a wolf and slept there while looking to the moon, the others went around to look for him but he had used his powers to hide the entrance of the cave, that way he'd be able to stay there as long as he wanted to.

That day changed everyone's lifes, but the next day Sulli woke up and started her routine: eating, reading, studying, working and sleeping; every day was the same, she was bored and tired but she tried to move on from the experience she had with the guys, she didn't quite understand why they wanted to live with her, she knew that it wasn't because they all wanted to protect her, so she decided to think that it was because they needed somewhere to stay which was ridiculous because with them being wolves they could eat and sleep wherever they wanted, but it didn't matter anymore, she wanted to forget all of that and pretend it didn't happen.

On the other hand, Minho couldn't stop thinking about her, he was finally realising that he did wanted to have a relationship with Sulli but he couldn't because he was a divine spirit and no matter what he did he would never become a human, the Gods would kill him if he asked them to allow him to be together with her, so he tried to forget her and move on, but he just couldn't stop thinking about her, she became someone very important for him even though he barely knew her.

The month was about to end, and he still thought about her, then he remembered that the last day of the month there was a full moon so he decided to go watch it in his special place, thinking he would find Sulli there. He sat there in his human form for an hour but he didn't see her or felt her presence so he just became a wolf and remained in that place. But she was indeed there, she was just too scared to get close, she hadn't seen him in days and she just stood there looking at him. Key was far away but he could see both clearly, he hoped Sulli wouldn't get close to him but it wasn't going to be like that because she just swallowed her fear and slowly moved towards him, she sat next to him and watched the moon with the wolf next to her. Minho looked at her, she was staring blankly at the moon but when she felt his gaze she turned to look at him and showed a small smile. They looked at each other for minutes and after a while Minho turned back into a human.