Guardian

I Fell Apart

-Protector-

(at 7 years old) 

"Eunjoon is so ugly!" "What a freak!" "Is she a monster or what?" 

Mean words aimed at me could be heard everywhere. It seemed like the other kids' goals in life were to bring me down. I didn't know why they endlessly teased and bullied me. I did nothing wrong. 

Youngjae was always there for me. He wouldn't leave my side, no matter what. He always had my back. I was truly grateful for having someone like him in my life. 

"Don't listen to them, okay? They're only saying those words because they're jealous. You're beautiful, remember that." He would always say those words to me.

I knew I was beautiful. I had healthy long, black hair, rosy cheeks, plump pink lips... a kid ulzzang, in short. It's not that I'm boasting or anything but I needed to clarify things. 

I really did have no idea why I was bullied. I was kind and helpful to everyone. I was shy but I had some friends. I was not exactly introverted.

It was all unclear to me until one day when one kid approached me and told me off for being friends with Youngjae. Then it struck me. I was being bullied because of Youngjae. He was the heartthrob of the class and I then understood why girls were jealous.

I tried to stay away from him. They told me to. It was hard but if I didn't follow them, the bullying would get worse. It was for the best. 

Youngjae kept on trying to get near me but I always left before he'd be able to grab and talk to me. This went on for about a week before he was finally able to get me to talk to him. It happened after school when I was walking home with my mom. Youngjae suddenly ran up to us and asked my mom if he could talk to me for a minute. She allowed him and he led me away first before talking.

"Why have you been avoiding me, Eunjoon?" he asked.

I looked down and couldn't answer him. 

"Hey, what's the problem?" he said while grabbing my shoulders.

"N-nothing..."

"Oh come on, Eunjoon. I know you. Now tell me, what's wrong?"

I finally looked up at him, not being able to hold it back anymore. 

"They told me to stay away from you, okay? They said the bullying will worsen if I still hang out with you. It's unfair!" I sobbed. 

Youngjae hugged me and rubbed my back. It felt so right to be in his arms. 

"I'll protect you, alright? Whatever happens, I'll always protect you."

 

 


AAAAAHHH. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I WROTE. IS IT A CLIFFHANGER OR WHAT OMG 

I think this was written really badly sigh