The beginning of it all

I Fell Apart

"Youngjae"... that name brings lots of different feelings. Happiness, sadness, regret, ecstasy, I feel all of these. He was my best friend, my everything. People say the only permanent thing in this world is change. How I wish it weren't true. How I wish we could go back in time. How I wish I was with him.

 

-How it all began-

(at 4 years old)

"Eunjoon!" the teacher called out for attendance check.

"Present!" I said while raising my hand.

She then continued calling out names. It was the first day of school and I was in kindergarten. The teacher had instructed us to shout "present" and to raise our hand when our names are called out for attendance. We all followed her instruction obediently, something she was satisfied about.

The rest of the day passed by quickly and it was time for dismissal. My mother was going to fetch me from school and I patiently waited for her. While the other kids were playing, I was alone on a bench. I was too shy to interact with them. This kid came up to me and asked for my name. Being the shy kid that I was, I was not able to answer him immediately. He looked at me quizzically. 

"Hey, don't be shy." he said.

"I-I'm Eunjoon." I shyly replied, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Hello Eunjoon! I'm Youngjae!" he greeted enthusiastically.

"H-hiii!"

"Want to be friends?" he asked.

"Why would you want to be friends with me?" I was utterly confused now. 

"You seem nice and you're really pretty." I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Oh, uhm, thank you." fighting back the blush spreading across my cheeks, I quickly hid my face. This Youngjae kid was a mystery to me. He's a really smooth talker and very cute too, might I add. It was a wonder as to why he really wanted to be friends with me. Surely there must be a deeper reason than me seeming nice and pretty to him.

Suddenly, I heard my name being called from somewhere. I looked around and saw my mom. She waved at me and I did the same. Turning to Youngjae, I said "It was nice to meet you, Youngjae-ssi." I bid him goodbye and went to my mom. I saw him looking at me before turning around to play with the other kids.

"Who was that?" my mom asked.

"Ah, it was Youngjae. He's a... friend." It took me a while to say the word friend.

"Really? I'm glad." was all she said before taking my hand and walking silently to the car.

*I am, too.*

 


Alright, here is the first chapter! Hope you guys like it... it's slightly different from the first one, in terms of detail. I wrote longer because I felt like being "professional" haha

I'll make the Yugyeom version soon. No specific time when, though. Just soon.

I'd also like to say that this fanfic is dedicated to my best friend (since birth) and cousin, Jhea who is eunjoon381 here on aff. Check out her fanfic entitled "Boys, Boys, Boys They Love Me?!?!", also featuring Got7. It's a fanfic dedicated to me, too. hehehe

Don't forget to send me feedback about the first chapter. ^^ I'd really like to know what you guys think. :) Thank youuu~