Jealousy

I Fell Apart

-But he was mine...-

(at 13 years old)

It was the first day of school and I was excited to finally be able to learn new things and hang out with Youngjae, my best friend. The bell rang, signaling the start of lunch break and I was on my way to meet Youngjae when I suddenly heard his voice coming from somewhere... I look around and finally spot him. Our eyes meet and he starts walking faster.

"Eunjoon!!! EUNJOON!!! EUNJOOOON!!" Youngjae screamed, running over to me, never mind walking quickly, from the other side of the hallway.

"WHAT?!" I scream back at him when he finally reached me.

"Why are you shouting??" he asked in his normal voice, covering his ears with his hands. 

With a heavy sigh, I told him that he was the first to shout at me. He rubs his neck, showing that he was sorry. It's okay, I tell him. We walk together toward the cafeteria to get lunch. 

"I've got a secret to tell you," he whispered to me while we were in line for our food.

"I thought I knew everything about you... guess I'm wrong. Haha." I replied, jokingly.

"Oh, come on, Eunjoon," Youngjae pouts at me.

"I was just kidding, Young-ie. Now what's that secret you were gonna tell me?"

"Not now, okay. Let's grab our food first then I'll tell you once we settle at a table." he said, with a slight blush on his cheeks. 

The line moved and we got our food then found a table for us two only. We were used to being with each other only during break. It's not that we didn't have any friends or that we were anti-social. Youngjae and I only feel comfortable when it's just us. Anyway, I asked Youngjae again as to what his secret is. He took a deep breath, as if he was having second thoughts if he should tell me or not. I was looking at him with big eyes, anticipating what secret he would tell me. After a few seconds, he started narrating what happened to him when he entered first period.

"Okay so I went to class pretty sad because we weren't classmates. I met some of our old classmates and talked and stuff. First period started and our homeroom teacher's pretty cool so I'm okay for this year, I think. AND THEN, one girl enters the classroom and Miss Jung introduces her and tells us that she's a new student. And let me tell you this, Jimin, the new student, is a goddess. I've never seen anyone so pretty in my entire life. Oh oh oh and she sits beside me in class. How great is that!!!" he told me excitedly.  

I felt my heart break. 'I've never seen anyone so pretty in my entire life.' I tried to smile and tell him I felt happy for him but I couldn't. Who could, when your best friend tells you in front of your face that line?

We walk to class together because we had class together in the afternoon. I couldn't get that line out of my head the entire time. Youngjae seemed to notice and asked me if I was okay. I told him it's fine, even when it wasn't. He didn't push it any further, though I wanted him to, deep in my heart.

 


i think this chapter but heeeey yay i updated haha ouo

oh and any errors aren't committed on purpose... i hate proofreading ehe just tell me if you spot any so i can edit them :c