Promises

I Fell Apart

They say promises are meant to be broken; I didn't believe in that. 

 

-Keeper-

(at 10 years old)

Field trips were a mandatory thing. If you didn't attend, you'd miss out on a lot and possibly be sent to the principal's office. That's how strict they were back then. For our field trip that school year, we went to various museums. It was like that every year. Same old boring stuff but when I was young, it was all interesting and really cool. Don't blame me, almost every kid found those kinds of stuff cool too. 

Ever since Youngjae said that he'd always protect me, he never left my side. We got even closer and he became the bestest friend I've ever had.

When Youngjae said that he'd protect me, I thought that it was only to keep me safe from bullies... I was wrong. It was more that that.

It was our field trip day and everyone was buzzing with excitement. I was, too and so was Youngjae. The first museum we went to was science-related and since I was a geek for science, I couldn't wait to go there. For the trip, everyone was put into pairs. Good thing that Youngjae was my partner, it would've been awkward if I was paired up with another classmate.

We all rode the bus and sat with our partners. Our facilitators for that trip were very friendly and enthusiastic which made my excitement hit the peak level. I kept on bothering Youngjae to ask the facilitators or our teacher how much longer before we arrive at the museum. He was very amused because of my actions. He'd never seen me that excited about something before.

We finally arrived and Youngjae and I were one of the first students to get off the bus. I was jumping up and down from excitement and Youngjae was trying his best not to laugh out loud. I didn't pay any attention to his reactions, though.

Before we could enter the museum, we still had to cross a road. Being too eager to enter and explore the museum, I went on ahead to cross the road. Little did I know that a car was going to pass by. It was too late before I realized this. The car owner beeped and was starting to slow down but I knew it wouldn't be enough not to make an impact on me. I stood there in the middle of the road, mortified, too scared to do anything. I suddenly felt a pair of arms drag me to the other side of the road, bringing me to safety. I looked at who my savior was and was shocked to see that it was Youngjae. 

Soon, the other teachers and students also crossed the road and came to check up on me. Youngjae had his arms wrapped around me, whispering calming things in my ear. His grip tightened around me when the bullies started saying mean things to me. Tears were threatening to fall but I couldn't let them, I didn't want to appear weak in front of all those people.

I couldn't thank Youngjae enough. He saved my life, he saved me from my bullies... he truly was my savior.

 


wow omg this  

fml

i don't proofread my works so i'm sorry if you spot an error... i hate proofreading... i always end up thinking that what i wrote is stupid ;;