The mysterious guy at the library

A note in QL 737 .P96 F67 1983 p. 178

It was Friday night.  Kim just watched TV in the living room.   Her attention was not on the TV show but on Pie. She can’t stop thinking about her then suddenly her love on the love note came to her mind.

“Look Kim, you are confusing now.  You can’t stop thinking about Pie, her smile and her charm, but you are in relationship with someone you don’t know, you fell in love through the love notes. “ She thought.

 

Monday morning, Kim went to the library to check the note after her 10:00 a.m. class, the table near the window she usually stayed was already occupied by a guy.  She felt irritated.  She was about to go to the shelf, Pie called her.

“Kim, what are you doing here?”  Pie asked.

“Looking for you.”  Kim lied.

“You know, first floor? My station?”

“What are you doing here in third floor?”  Kim asked.

“Return some books.”  Pie answered.

“What book?  Where?”  Kim asked.

“I already returned the books.”  Pie answered.  “Kim, I can’t practice today, I have to settle some things for the election tomorrow.”

“Okay, Pie.  Aunt In will miss you tonight.”

“I’ll eat her cake tomorrow, Kim.”  Pie chuckled.  “See you Kim.”

Both of them didn’t move.  They were just looking at each other.  They were waiting who will leave first.

“Pie, your station?”  Kim asked.

“Yes Kim, bye!”  Pie left.

 

When Pie was already on stairs,  Kim went to the shelf, there was no note.

“Busy maybe.”  Kim thought and left.

 

Pie went back at her station.  She was thinking why Kim was looking for her at the third floor.  When she was about to her station, her best friend Jam called her.

“Hey Pie, Where have you been?”  Jam asked.

“Third floor; returned some books.”  Pie answered.

“From this floor?”  Jam asked .

“Yes, I found three books here so I returned right away.”  Pie answered.

“Okay, I found this book too, I think this book belongs to the third floor.”

“Let me return that one.”  Pie immediately volunteered and took the book.

 

               Kim was at the gate and walking back and forth.  She felt restless.

               “Damn Pie, you almost got me.  What should I do? I have to see the note now.”  She thought. “I have to go back, right now.”  She decided and walked back to the library.

               She walked slowly, looking everywhere maybe Pie was around until she reached the third floor.  She went to her table, it was already vacant.  She put her things and went to the shelf.  There was a note.  She returned the book, took the note and went back to her table.

 

“Here's to the you who gambled,
Only with you I shared my love
I've given it though and it's not all that seems
So I'm questioning how long will you still need me to need you.”


               Kim was out of words.  She doesn’t know what to write.  All she thought about was Pie.

               “Damn Pie, what did you do to me?”  She murmured then someone came to her.

              

               “Excuse me, that table is taken.”  A guy said to her.

               “What?”  She stood up and looked at the guy.  It was a sad-faced guy wearing plane white shirt and khaki pants holding a book.

               “Look.”  Pointing something on the table using his eyes.

               Kim turned back to the table; there was a notebook and a pen on top.  “But it was empty when I came here.”

               “Maybe your eyes need checkup.  May I sit on my table?”  The guy asked.

               Kim nodded and left the table.  She decided to reply the note tomorrow.  Kim was about to go downstairs, she saw Pie standing on the third floor station looking at her.  Kim waved at Pie.

               “Wait Kim!” Pie called and came to Kim.

               “You’re still on the third floor Pie, I thought…”

               “I just returned another book here.  Why are you still here?”  Pie asked.

               “Just hanging around.  This is my spot, Pie but my table was already taken so I guess going home and watch TV.”  Kim answered.

               “Where’s your table?”

               “Right there near the……”  Kim noticed the table was empty.

               “Right where?”  Pie asked.

“There was a guy.  I know there was a guy seated at my table.”  Kim pointed the table.

“That table near the window?”

“He asked me to leave, Pie.”

“Kim, I think you’re tired now, you must go home okay?  Extend my regards to Aunt In.”  Pie pulled Kim to stairs.  “I’ll walk with you to the gate.”

 

It was already midnight.  Kim was sitting at the couch watching TV. She was frightened about what happened at the library.  Then suddenly she received a text message from Pie.

 

“Please say hi to Aunt In for me.  I’ll visit her tomorrow and eat some cake.  Sleep now sunshine, good night.”

 

Kim replied.  “Aunt In is already sleeping like baby.  I’ll tell her tomorrow.  Good night to you too.”  She turned off the TV and went to bed.