The play

A note in QL 737 .P96 F67 1983 p. 178

The presentation in their English class was already started.  They presentation of their classmates were good.  Kim prepared her report using his information and evidences after her class.  At night, Kim and Pie practiced their tomorrow’s presentation; they edited some lines and choosing clothes for their costume.  They were pretty sure that everyone will watch them because they were the last to present.

               The presentation of Friday’s schedule was already started.  Kim and Pie were already wore their costume and seated at their assigned seat.  After the first presenter, there were students at the door asking the professor to watch and the professor let them in.

               The second of the last presenter was performing on the stage.  Kim and Pie were called to go to the back stage to get ready.  Kim looked at the audience area, it was dark.  She saw a man looking at her in the control room.  It was Jack.

               “Pie, Jack’s here.  He’s here.”  Kim whispered.

               “Where?”

               “There Pie in the control room.”

               “I can’t see him.”

               “He’s there, I’m sure.”

 

The last presenter called, Kim and Pie came out from the backstage and the audience was clapping.  Kim was looking at the control room again.

“Kim, don’t mind him.”  Let’s finish this first.

Kim held Pie’s hand.  “I think it’s time Pie.”

“Time for what?”

“To prove our love to Jack.”

Pie nodded.  “What about our script.”

“We’re still using it but there will be some adjustments just go with the flow okay?”

“Okay.”

“You can start now.”  The professor said.

Both nodded.

 

Kim saw the other guy standing beside the professor and she looked back at the control room, Jack was still there.

“This maybe Mike.”  She thought.

 

They started the play.

 

“Pie?”

“Yes?”

“I have something to confess.”

“What is it?”

“We’ve been friends for months now and last month I was confused.  I think this is the best way.”

“Okay, I’m listening.”

“I really need to confess this to you, something that has built up over time and been there for a while but I can no longer bear to keep it.  I think I'm a lesbian because I have fallen deeply in love with you I know this is awkward but I love you.  You’re the first I think about when I open my eyes and the last thing when I close my eyes.  It is okay if you don't have the same feeling even though that's what I hope for. But if you really don’t it’s okay and I respect that.  I hope this feeling falling in love with you won't damage our relationship. I just need to get this off my chest.  If you don’t like what I’m saying now, I promise this won’t be happen again.  I’m sorry if I ruined our friendship but I really have to say this to you because I feel like I’m going crazy.”

Pie didn’t respond.

“Please say something?”

Pie touched Kim’s face and kissed.

The audience was shocked.

“Am I the only one teacher watching here?”  The professor asked seated beside him.”

“Yes sir.  I’m pretty sure and the door is locked too.”

 

“I love you too Kim.  I just kept it long time ago.  I’m just waiting for the right time to say this to you but you did.  Thank you.”

“Are you not afraid?”  Kim asked.

“Afraid of what?”  Pie asked.

“People’s eyes, our friends and our parents, I know they will accept this kind of relationship.”

“How about fighting?  Look Kim, if we’re afraid, we’ll lose each other. If they will find a way to keep us apart, love will find the way.”

Kim hugged Pie.  “Thank you that you are brave enough to love me.”

 

Kim faced to the audience.  “To those who in love but afraid to show because of conflicts of life like in love with same gender, people might say something bad, friends will lose, parents will not accept or any reasons will come up.  Do not be afraid.  If you are sure about your feeling, if you believe that this might your destiny so be it!  Love is not choosy and not artistic even.  If you’re in love with the same gender but afraid you think this is not good for the society, let me tell you this, love is not just for a man and a woman.  If you are afraid of people’s judgments, who are they anyway?  If afraid might parents will not accept, they will understand that.  Not right away but time will.  There are no parents in this world who do not want their children happy.”

Pie stepped forward and held Kim’s hand.  “What you see or notice about us is true.  To Jack and Mike, wherever you are, what we have is real.  I want the whole world to know how much I love Kim.  I choose her than anybody else.  Even this kind of relationship is not normal to our society, what important is that our love is real.”

The audience was clapping their hands and cheering.  Some of them asking for a kiss.  Kim saw Mike standing beside the professor nodding and smiling at her.  When she looked at the control room, Jack was still there looked very angry.  Kim pulled Pie close to her and kissed.  When she looked again at Jack, Jack was starting to fade.