Chapter Six

Too Late

As the trio sat down at a nearby cafe, Eunhyuk wondered what has gotten into his best friend. 

"Sungmin?"

"...yeah?" Sungmin said, looking lost in his own thoughts. 

"I didn't think you would get mad at Kyuhyun at that little comment... Is there something wrong?" Eunhyuk said, watching his friend for any reaction. 

Sungmin rested his head on the table, "I'm really stressed these past few days. I may not seem like it, but I am. That was the last straw, I can't take anything negative anymore... I give up. Starting today, I'm avoiding anything that ruins my mood." 

"Why would you be stressed? There's not any exams going on in school..." Eunhyuk said, looking at Sungmin in confusion. 

"Family problems." Sungmin muttered. 

"What happened this time?" Eunhyuk asked, looking at Sungmin worriedly. 

"Should I leave? I have no idea what you guys are talking about.... I'm sure this is suppose to be a private conversation." Ryeowook said, already standing up. 

"No. It's ok. You can stay." Sungmin said, lifting his head up. 

Ryeowook hesitantly sat down. Eunhyuk sat there searching through his brain to say something to brighten up the atmosphere. He opened his mouth to say something but Sungmin started talking again. 

"Ryeowook, in my life, friends are more important that family. In my life, the only time I'm happy is when I'm away from home and with my friends."

Sungmin fell silent, Ryeowook was still processing what he had just heard. Eunhyuk looked at Sungmin. 

"I think you should continue instead of giving Ryeowook a tiny part of the story..."

"Give me a minute, will you? I don't need to tell him all. I can tell later when I don't feel like destroying something." Sungmin snapped. Eunhyuk raised his hands in surrender. 

Sungmin took a deep breath and continued, "All my life, I was told to do this, and was told to do that. I obeyed, never questioned and never thought about it. Until I turned 13. It was then that I realized that I didn't have a happy life and that my parents were cruel. Nothing I did was good enough for them. I would keep trying my best to impress them but I can't be who they want me to be. It doesn't hurt me much when someone insults me because my parents' words cut more deeply. But now, I think I should start finding myself again instead being someone's puppet and toy. I keep thinking that maybe I shouldn't do that and I should just let it be just the way it is, without much trouble."

Ryeowook was silent. He didn't know what to say. What kind of parent were they? They should show support and love instead of acting like that.

Eunhyuk then spoke up, "You know, I've told you this many times before. You should stand up for yourself, not just imagine what it would be like to have a nice family."

Sungmin groaned, "But what if the results are worse that what it is?"

"You'll never know until you try." Eunhyuk replied.

"I think it should be your choice whether you decide to voice out or stay silent. I don't want it to be my fault if I told you to do something and the situation got worse." Ryeowook said quietly.

Sungmin nodded, "I'll just have to decide later on. For now, let's try to make every moment a happy one. I feel like I might break down and start crying any second now."

They sat in peaceful silence for a few minutes as they get lost in their thoughts.

"I hate to bring this up now but are you going to really avoid anything negative? That's seems pretty hard." Eunhyuk said while playing with a piece paper left there by the previous user if the table.

"I'm going to just try to. I'm going to try to find something to do that would distract before I lose it completely and destroy everything in sight." Sungmin replied, sighing as he thought of how hard it would be to do that. He already want to break something to pieces.

"We should go somewhere fun to get rid of this dark dreary mood." Ryeowook said, looking around the mall.

"I don't really think there would be anything at this mall that would be fun." Eunhyuk said, scanning the shops.

Sungmin smirked, "How about we play dress up?"

Eunhyuk widened his eyes, "Oh no, heck no. We are not playing this again."

"What?" Ryeowook asked confusedly.

"Sungmin has the messed up idea of how many people can we trick into falling in love with us dressing up as girls. It's a contest and the person with the most phone numbers in the end wins." Eunhyuk said, shaking his head.

"And I always win~" Sungmin added gleefully.

"Not something to be proud of. It's kinda embarrassing how many people think of us as girls." Eunhyuk said, rolling his eyes.

"But. Loser has to do anything the winner wants that person to do." Sungmin said, already lost in his memory of embarrassing Eunhyuk.

"I hate that part." Eunhyuk muttered.

"Why? What was so bad?" Ryeowook was curious.

"Trust me, you don't want to know. Or lose."

A/N: OMG I haven't updated for so longgggg. Sorryyyy. I know this fic and there's a bunch of typos hidden around. Even though it I'll keep updating for those of you who like this fic for some strange reason.