Chapter 4

Plan 932X: Overdosed Voodoo Doll

Chapter 4 

 


 

"Brat!"

"She's so rude!"

"She was way better when she was a guy! I prefer her male version!"

"Such a bit–"

Typical comments when Jungeun would walk down the halls with her twin, Sanghyuk. Judging looks and expressions of annoyance and disgust greet her this morning. With her bad first impressions left on a few (talkative) classmates, she wouldn't really be dumbfounded if, by the next day, the whole school would be judging her hardcore... which was happening right now. 

It's nothing to be insecure about.

Nor something to be feared or be minded a lot.

It's a part of life, right? Especially highschool life. Middle school was indeed the start of challenges, but they weren't that heavy? The burdensome ones are in highschool, which was where they are now.

"Don't mind them." Jungeun hears her older twin whisper as he secretly grabs her hand, grasping it tightly as she sees Sanghyuk lower his head and bite his lower lip. "They don't know you. Not like I do."

"Hyung, I'm okay." Jungeun softly replied with a blank expression, her cold-as-ice persona not even going down or what so ever. "I'm okay, there's nothing to be worried about, alright–"

"The teases will soon simmer down." Sanghyuk cuts off, leaving Jungeun's lips ajar and zero words spilling out the next second. Quietly, the Han twins made it to their classroom, silently sitting down and facing their second, seemingly torturous, day in school together. 

Listening to deadly, boring lectures.

Doing nonsense school works and all.

Getting distracted by a few mumbling behind their backs.

And most of all.

Hearing things about Jungeun.

Torturous, indeed.

 

 

RING!

Finally, lunch break! 

As what Jungeun's noticed, no one gave her a bit of attention. Everyone saw her as a weirdo that they prefer to ignore, as if she's not existing before their eyes. Like she'd care, right? 

Whenever the girls she is fully aware hates her, she'd purposely stick her feet out, making them trip out of the blue. Since girls, as she had observed, were too immersed in chatting while walking, she had a little fun of making them trip as their attention was ripped by nonsense chit-chats. Of course, the ladies tripped and sent her glares. "What's your problem!?" one girl cried out after tripping.

"I don't know. What's your problem?" Jungeun answered back in a mocking tone. Of course, she knew that no one would dare to touch her, knowing the fact that a girl who thought that she was a boy for eighteen years can act rather viciously and dangerous. They preferred to simply scoff after glaring and simply walk off.

And that react gave Jungeun the liking to patch arather mischievous smile on her face.

"Jungeun, that wasn't very nice." she heard Sanghyuk comment. Once she turns her head around, she takes a glimpse of her twin brother having his hands placed on his hips, scowling. 

"They were teasing me though." Jungeun defended.

"Still, making others trip because they were teasing you–"

"I'm a sadist, and I admit it. What can I do?" 

A soft sigh spills out of Sanghyuk's lips before he ran his left hand through his inky-black colored hair. A pout forms on his lips as he locked his eyes at the cool-looking female teen. He was definitely sure that this "soon-to-be perfect lassie" is going to be the "bad-assed sadist Ice Prince" 'till death. How in the world were they going to transform a girl like her into something they can call as "perfection?" It's simply impossible to think, much more to do!

Secretly, Sanghyuk eyes his sister head to toe. Sure, she really looked like a girl she is physically, but the way she acted, the way she spoke, the way her attitude is that of a guy's! 

This is not how a girl is supposed to be! Definitely not.

"... You're seriously helpless." Sanghyuk sighs deeply before plopping down his seat and groaning. After solid seven seconds passed, the older twin jolts up from his seat, making Jungeun jump up in shock. Add that fact that her older twin shouted a rather loud "aha" out of the blue.

"Han Jungeun, get up from your seat this instant!" Sanghyuk ordered as he patches a wide and playful grin at his younger twin, who was still trying to calm herself down from the surprise earlier.

"And what the heck can that be?" Jungeun asked, flashing a judging look at the male.

"I'm introducing you to a few friends of mine!" Sanghyuk proudly grinned, only to make Jungeun's jaw fall.

 

 

"Hyung, this isn't actually necessary." Jungeun pouted as she was dragged outside the school campus by no other than her older twin brother, Han Sanghyuk. Of course, seemingly a deaf guy he is, Sanghyuk simply pulled her behind and walked straight. "Dang, can you even hear me? Hyung–"

"Look, they'll sure to get along with you! It's about time for you to enter socializing too, y'know!" Sanghyuk countered as he didn't even bother to turn around and face his sister. "I promise, you'll like everyone, Jungeun!"

"And what if I don't?" she sighs as she pries her brother's hands off hers, stopping in their tracks. "Hyung, what if I don't like them and they don't like me back? Have you thought about that part of the story?"

"I...–"

"Sanghyuk-hyung, eighteen years. Eighteen freaking years of zero socializing and friends aside from you. What made you think that socializing will be a thing or two for me?"

"... Your attitude."

"Eh?"

"Your attitude towards everyone. You have zero knowledge of socializing and dealing around with everyone... and that makes you a complete jerk in their eyes. I don't want my twin being a jerk to everyone, and I don't want them seeing you as one. So–"

"Han. Sang. Hyuk." Jungeun breathed through gritted teeth before eyeing her twin and crossing her arms in front of her chest. "Look, all these years, you never introduced me to any of your peers. We both know the things that'll happen, right? Me not getting along and simply being someone bad-assed to them. And I am ninety-percent sure that it'll end up that way this time."

"And what about the ten percent left?" Sanghyuk glares.

"Oh, only a miracle would make that part true."

"C'mon, you wouldn't die of meeting fellow humans, Han Jungeun–"

"What if I do?"

"Look, it's impossible that you're just gonna see a few friends of mine, collapse and forget breathing then die!"

"What if that did happen?" 

"... You're seriously in need of serious help." Sanghyuk helplessly shrugged as he grabbed his twin's hand once again and mercilessly dragged him behind, only to leave the female sighing and trying her best to pull back and eventually, stop Sanghyuk in his tracks, hopes of not meeting any of his friends.

And of course, she fails.

Sooner or later, Jungeun was sure that she spots a few males flocking over a few meters away from them, and at the same moment, Sanghyuk flashed a bright smile before turning around to face her. Of course, that grin smugged on her brother's face was all that she needed. "You have got to be kidding me, hyung." Jungeun helplessly breathed.

"That's them, come on!" Sanghyuk chirpped as he tried dragging his sister along with him once again, which of course, fails. Jungeun had successfully escaped from his grip and backed a few inches away, glaring and scowling. "Look, can you at least make the 'approaching' a bit easier? I suggest I wait here and you do first the easy talking and then you can call me when it's my cue." Jungeun suggested, hopes of convincing her brother coming to life.

"... Fine. But you're meeting them, deal?" Sanghyuk asked, only to be answered by a defeated nod. "Good!" he smiles brightly before nodding happily. "If you break your promise, I swear I'm not going to spare your ice cream back at our apartment!"

"You wouldn't dare–"

"Oh, I'll dare."

Cheerfully, Sanghyuk skips away, heading towards the group of five men standing far from them. As if the whole world was on her shoulders, Jungeun felt heavy and down, soon finding a great hiding place behind the pole a few feet away from her. Once she has taken a rather good spot, she secretly watched her brother approach the group.

"Hyungs!" Sanghyuk chirpped as he childishly waved his arm up in the air. Upon seeing the young male head towards them, everyone began waving at him cheerfully and swinging their arms around the younger's shoulders. 

"Well, if it's our beloved Hyukkie!" N cried out as he swung his arms around the younger, hugging him. 

"N-hyung, you're suffocating the kid, let go of him!" a rather worried Hongbin exclaimed as he pried N's arms off the younger before pulling Hongbin beside him and Ravi. "Seriously, one day, you're going to kill Hyuk with your hugs!"

"What's wrong with my hugs?" N whined before playfully hand-chopping the younger's neck, making the poor dimpled boy flinch and hiss at the older male. "Stop it with the neck-chopping!" Hongbin whined.

"I'm our hyung!"

"That doesn't even make sense!"

"Sheesh, you two are such kids!" Ken cried out in a rather weird (?), old woman's voice before hitting both's back, only to earn a deadly glare from N, who neck-chops the poor boy mercilessly.

"Guys, when it's N-hyung we're talking about here, be sure to mark it in your heads that he's always right." Ravi sighs before placing his hands on his pockets, standing in a rather cool (?) pose, only to make Sanghyuk giggle and soon, burst into laughter. His eyes soon found its way to the ever-so quiet Leo, who simply stood between Ken and N, watching. "Ah, before I forget, I would want to introduce someone to you guys!" Sanghyuk cried out, grinning.

"Someone? Is it a girl?" Ravi excitedly asked, shoving Ken and N out of his way. 

"Ravi." Hongbin sighs. "You know that'll never happen–"

"In fact, it is!" Sanghyuk happily nods, making everyone have their eyes widen and jaws, dropped. "What?!" everyone cried in surprise, only to make the youngest blink in confusion and tilt his head. "I-is something wrong?" Sanghyuk nervously asks.

"Are you for real, Hyuk?!" Ken gasps as he grabbed the younger by his shoulders, shaking him. "Are you seriously introducing a girl?!"

"... U-um, yes?" 

"Who is she to you? Friend? Girlfriend? Classmate?" N asked, curiousity clearly seen in his eyes.

"Sister. Twin sister." Sanghyuk answered quickly, putting his arms out. "I'm introducing you my twin sister."

"Sister– oh my–, we're going to be introduced to your sister?!" Ken cried in complete astonishment. "Oh great go– yah! Do I look proper? Is my hair good? Do I look good?!"

Ignoring his hyungs' panic time, Sanghyuk turns around and gestures Jungeun that it was her cue. With one hard gulp, Jungeun slowly approached the group, trying her best to keep her calm and cool. Soon, her approach to the group grabs the males' attention, making their eyes widen in surprise and amazement as they saw the gorgeous female heading towards their way. Once she was close enough, Sanghyuk throws his arm around her shoulder and faces everyone. "Guys, I'd like you to meet my younger twin sister, Han Jungeun." he smiles.

With eyes widened and their jaws wide opened, everyone was rather speechless to see such a wonderful lady in front of them.

BUT.

Her stance, her aura, something was different. She was like a guy.

"Um, hi?" the group nervously greeted, only to receive an emotionless "hey" from the other. The deadly and awkward silence soon fills their atmosphere before Sanghyuk decides to break it. "Er, Jungeun-ah, these are a few friends of mine, VIXX!" he laughs as he stretches his arm outwards, only to make Jungeun nod. Again, silence.

"I'm N! Cha N!" N sweetly, and bravely, greeted as he initiated to shake Jungeun's hands, feeling how soft they were. "Pleasure to meet you, sweetie!"

"Same." Jungeun softly replies with a cold glare, making N grin nervously. "Er... let me introduce the others! That dimpled dude is Lee Hongbin, next to him is Kim Ravi. That guy's Ken, Lee Ken. Got it?"

Jungeun nods and eyes the silent male standing beside Ken, who had his eyes averted somewhere else. "Aren't you introducing yourself, boy?" Jungeun asks, calling Leo's attention.

"Jung Leo." the broad-shouldered male softly introduced with a cold tune, making the female narrow her eyes a bit more. The cold and chic aura Leo contained intruiged her, and kind of made her annoyed at the same time. That was then cut off when Ken initiated to approach the female next, holding her hand, a bright smile patched on his face. "Uwah, you and Hyukkie don't look much the same! Are you sure you're twins?"

"Ever heard of fraternal twins?" Jungeun coldly replies before sending Ken a rather cold and deadly glare. "Seriously, you're a senior and you don't know?"

"Well, I–"

"And quit touching me." Jungeun growled as she mercilessly shoved Ken away, making the latter fall back and bump at N, who fell back and completely lost balance. "Hey, that's not a nice way to start things!" Ravi cried out as he charged towards the female, who only pushed Ravi away easily, making him trip and fall beside the two fallen seniors.

"Han Jungeun!" Sanghyuk cried out in shock as he saw how his sister acted towards his friends. "Yah–"

"That's not very nice." Leo hissed as he charged towards Jungeun, grabbing her left arm by the wrist, gripping it tightly that he was sure he'd leave a few marks. "You can't push people around just like that, if you must know."

"Buzz off, boy." Jungeun hissed back.

"I have a name–"

"I didn't ask if you have one. Buzz off."

"Respect your senior, kiddo. I'm a senior, you're just a junior, learn your manners."

"Right. Right. Who're you to tell me what to do? You ain't my mom."

"I might not be, obviously. But learn who you're messing with. This is VIXX, a kingka group, and anyone messing with the group–"

"Do you think I don't know what your lil' group is? What do you think I am, stupid? Hah, think again, idiot."

"Watch your words, young lady. You're talking to a top notcher here."

"What of the odds! I've found a rival!"

"You're not even worth being a rival, kid."

"Shut up, kitty."

An exchange of glares lasted between the two for a matter of five seconds before Leo finally lost his cool and grabbed Jungeun by her collar, only to make everyone gasp. "Yah, Jung Leo, she's still a girl, go easy on her!" N cried out before he jumps back to his feet, grabbing the male by his arm and tugging him away. "Sheesh, learn some manners!"

"Tell that to the brat." Leo scoffed before walking away cooly, leaving the group within seconds. Jungeun simply fixes her collar as she watches Leo leave and Hongbin chase him, with the help of Ravi of course. "Yah, Han Jungeun, what's with you! That wasn't very nice!" Sanghyuk cried out. "Hyung, I'm sorry for Jungeun's actions!"

"Well, if you're going to plan on who to mess with, I advice you to spare Leo, Jungeun-ah." N warned. "That guy is the Ice Prince of our level and no one wants to mess with that cold, chic, city boy."

"Oh, what a coincidence, I'm the Ice Princess of our level." Jungeun smirked as she rubbed her nape. "I guess we'd get along." she sarcastically said before walking off, deciding to go home as well. Of course, N, Ken and Sanghyuk were left rather dumbfounded. "I guess those two won't get alone." Ken pouts.

"Rivalry? I am so not into this." N breathed out before facing the youngest. "Yah, Hyuk-ah, what gave you a way that it was a good idea introducing her?"

"Well, she's my sister and I she needs to have friends and– oh my gosh, she's walking off without me! Talk to you guys tomorrow!" Sanghyuk cried out in an incomprehendable language before sprinting off, leaving a rather confused and clueless Ken and N.

 

 

"Seriously?! What was that action for? You left a bad impression on the whole VIXX, Jungeun! Do you have any ideas what you've done? I want them to be your friends since they're my peers and I've seen that they're good, but look what you've done! Ugh, you're seriously going to be the death of me! Why can't you–"

"Hyung." Jungeun breathes out, placing her hand over Sanghyuk's mouth, shutting him up. "I'd extremely enjoy listening to your naggings, but seriously, stop."

"Jungeun-ah." Sanghyuk pouts.

"I know, I know, I've screwed it up. Do whatever you want, but really, I'll try do my best next time." 

"... Sure–"

"But that Leo guy annoys the hella outta me. What's with that guy!"

"You two make the best rival!"

"Quit joking, it's not funny."

"Kaebsong!"

"Shut up, that's not even funny anymore.

While walking, Sanghyuk was busy laughing all by himself while Jungeun simply groaned before throwing her head back. Soon, she hears Sanghyuk slowly simmering down from his crazy laughing scheme. "But seriously, you need to be punished though, Han Jungeun!" Sanghyuk scowled.

"Yeah?" Jungeun mockingly smiled as she flicked her twin's forehead. "Whatcha gonna do, fire me some cute death threats or throw me down the bed with your weak arms?"

"... I'm eating your ice cream!" Sanghyuk cried out as he began running faster than Jungeun, catching the female off-guard. "And I'm burning all your boxers so you'll only have to wear girl underwears!"

"Yah! You wouldn't dare, Han Sanghyuk!" 

 

 

"Jung Leo, what do you have to say for yourself?!" N cried out, his endless scolding finally coming to an end as he walked down the alley with the ever so silent and cold Leo. Of course, once he sees Leo look at him straight, N had already expected a serious answer.

"I'm burning her carcasses the next time I see that Jungeun." Leo softly mumbled emotionlessly.

"...Sometimes, I still doubt that you're human."