three

Black Fire
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You…” I trailed off, squinting at my savior in disbelief.

    “Hi,” he offered a small wave, his eyes darting down to read my brand new name tag. “Park Chaeyoung?”

    “Leave,” I covered the tag, my face burning. “You’re distracting me from my job. Again.”

    “Can I at least have the americano?” he smirked and I blinked.

    “Oh yeah,” I entered in his order. “It’s-“

    “Just swipe it,” he handed me a shiny credit card and I stared at it in awe. 

    How rich was this guy? Who exactly was he?

    “Hey, Chae, how’d it go?” Seoyun sauntered up behind me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, before gasping as her eyes landed on the drop-dead gorgeous man standing in front of us. 

    “Dimple boy?” she meant to whisper, but his lips twitched upwards when he heard her, his dimple deepening.

    “Ah, so I see you’ve mentioned me,” he chuckled, throwing me a wink that caught me totally off guard.

    I internally fumed, swiping his card hastily, before handing it back to him. Our fingers brushed and he sent me a sly look.

    “You can go wait over there,” I gestured towards the cafe, refusing to look him in the eye. “I have other customers to attend to,” I gestured towards the line that was forming behind him.

    “Thanks for taking my order, Park Chaeyoung,” he grinned.

    “Whatever,” I grumbled, before putting on a bright smile for the next person in line.

 

    I cleaned my fingers on the cloth attached to my waste, fanning my face, as I leaned against the counter. It had gotten a bit hot, what with all the hot beverages being ordered.

    The door opened again and I straightened up, ready to take another order, when Hana shuffled her way towards me. 

    “Chaeyoung-ssi,” she smiled gently at me. “That gentleman over there wanted to have a word with you,” she pointed towards the spot that was currently being occupied by none other than Dimple Boy. 

    “Tell him that I’m busy,” I scoffed, sending a glare towards his direction as Hana nodded obediently. 

    “Would that be all-YAH!” I yelled as strong hands took a hold of my arm, dragging me away from the register.

    I resisted but he was far stronger, and before I knew it, I was sitting across from Dimple Boy who sipped his americano innocently as I eyed him suspiciously. 

    “What do you want?” I didn’t beat around the bush.

    “I wanted to talk,” he shrugged simply, before proceeding to focus his attention back on his drink. 

    “Than talk,” I spit out and he finally lowered his cup, placing it gently on the table.

    “Park Chaeyoung, do you feel, in any way, indebted to me?” he started and I immediately began wringing my hands in my black apron under the table.

    “Y-yes…no? Wait, why are you asking me this?” my voice trembled as I bit my lip.

    “I’m about to offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity,” his eyes sparkled with excitement and curiosity got the better of me. “As you know, payback for saving you. So we’d be even.”

    “And what’s that?” I tried to sound nonchalant but my interest had been piqued. 

    “Be my personal secretary,” he announced, opening his arms grandly. 

    I blinked at him a few times, before grabbing his drink and dumping it over him.

    He spluttered but I only rolled my eyes, walking away and leaving a drenched Dimple Boy behind me.

 

 

At first, I had appreciated her sass. It was one of the many qualities that made her unique. 

    But after sitting for an hour, stuck in traffic, as coffee drenched my car’s leather seats, I was beginning to think otherwise.

    When I finally arrived back at the apartment that I shared with Luhan, I charged through the front door, slamming it harshly behind me.

    I trudged my way towards the bathroom, but not before Luhan walked in from the kitchen, and surveyed me.

    “Why are you covered head to toe in coffee?” he smirked in amusement.

    “Not in the mood right now,” I muttered before finally making it into the bathroom.

    After taking a quick shower, muttering plans for revenge against Chaeyoung, I placed my hands on the bathroom counter, leaning over it to stare intently at my reflection in the mirror.

    “What the hell are you doing, Lay, get your together,” I directed. “You have to stop this right now.”
    I continued to stare at myself solemnly, before burying my face in my hands.

    “Aish, Park Chaeyoung, why are you like this to me?” I mumbled. “Why can’t I just forget you? Why can’t I just let go?”

 

    “I’m just here for coffee,” I tried to convince himself. “Not her. It j

Please log in to read the full chapter