Two

The Lights in Your Eyes

Literally the only thing that convinced Minho to return the theater the next day was the prospect of seeing Taemin- that, and Jonghyun’s insistent tugging on his hand.

“You know, I don’t see why you need me to be with you to seduce Key,” Minho commented as Jonghyun continued to herd him towards the theater. “It’s not like I could save you from doing or saying something stupid.”

“Actually, you could,” Jonghyun replied. “Everyone needs a wingman, Minho. Besides, if you hadn’t wanted to support me like a good best friend I was planning to just let you go. But since you’re now fanatically in love with Taemin or something, you’re staying anyway. It’s like an added bonus.”

“Shut up,” Minho said, and then turned his head to express how displeased he was with Jonghyun. It was actually more to hide his expression, but Jonghyun didn’t need to know that.

“Also…” Jonghyun began. “I thought you might actually get into theater. And if you did, you might not be so inclined, to, uh, you know...vandalize stuff. And you wouldn’t be as home as often…”

Did Jonghyun actually think that? “Jonghyun-”

Jonghyun pulled Minho through the door and let it shut with a resonating bang. Then he shoved Minho off in the opposite direction. “I think Taemin’s over there, Minho.” His expression clearly read, Don’t go all sentimental on me!

“Yeah. Okay.” Minho tried to suppress a smile. It was nice to have someone actually care about him. Maybe he really should try to do more to help Jonghyun with his relationship with Key.

However, at the moment, he decided to follow Jonghyun’s direction and began to scan the groups of people for Taemin. He was going to venture further when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

It was surprising at first, but upon turning around Minho saw that it was just the Onew, the director from yesterday. “Minho?”

“Ah, yes?”

“We’re reading the script today, but since you said you wanted to be on set, I thought I’d introduce you to everyone else on the backstage crew. What part of set did you want to work on?”

“Um….” Minho racked his mind. “I-”

“It’s okay, you can decide when we go backstage. Whatever you do is fine. I thought we weren’t going to have enough people, since I’m already doubling up as director and working on the lights…” Onew continued talking as he led Minho backstage. As they went up the stairs, he tripped and nearly fell on his face, consequentially making Minho grab Onew to steady him.

“Ah, thanks, I always miss that step...anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, Kris over there is designing the sets, he’ll probably need your help. Mostly with moving them though, he’s kind of particular about painting. Just go with it, he thinks he’s Picasso or someone. Lay is working the soundboard...if we need piano accompaniment he does that too, he’s really good with music. Even if he forgets his name half the time. Ahh….” Onew paused, looking confused.

“What is it?”

“Nothing, I’m just trying to get everyone straight. We actually had a good turnout this year. More than last year. Suho told me what everyone on the crew was going to be doing, but….”

There were too many names to keep straight, so Minho just waited for Onew to remember who the other member of crew was. He would try to memorize everyone later, but Onew was right, there were a lot of people. Maybe he just needed to know the crew members.

“Oh, yeah! Leetuk is the other member; he’s very smart and works the lights. I do that too- Suho is the assistant director so he can take care of everything else- and we’ll probably need your help with that. Okay, so just talk to Kris if you want to know any more.” Onew smiled at Minho, and Minho tried to smile encouragingly back so he didn’t look as confused as he felt. Again, he had never really been a theater person.


A/N: I guess this is kind of a filler chapter...just to get everyone on the crew straight and make a bunch of cameos. I love Onew, he's so cute and I couldn't help but include him...^.^ Anyway, I apologize for the lack of 2min! There'll be more of that in the next chapter. Thank you for reading! Comment if it's not too much trouble.