Six

The Lights in Your Eyes

Minho had been hoping to talk to Taemin at the play practice the next day, but he was involved in some complicated dance routine with Kai and couldn't talk. Thus Minho had resigned himself to his duties backstage. It was there he saw an...interesting sight.

While Onew called out orders to the rest of the cast, he found Jonghyun and a few others sitting against the wall. Jonghyun (who was wearing a t- shirt with a dinosaur on it that he resembled slightly; Minho had given it to him for that reason) was singing his lines in one of the songs to himself quietly while half-observing the play. Minho noticed Key's bag sitting next to him.

"Jonghyun," Minho said, sliding down the wall next to him. He was pretty sure Kris would be able to function without him for a few minutes.

"Huh?" Jonghyun looked up.

Minho wondered how to phrase his question, before deciding just it get right down to it. "Is there anything going on between the assistant director and Lay?"

Jonghyun got a glint in his eye and appeared to be holding back a smile. "Why do you ask?"

Clearing his throat, Minho tried to stop from blushing. "Just that backstage they were kind of making out." Thankfully neither Suho nor Lay had noticed Minho, too preoccupied with each other. He'd just awkwardly left as not to disturb them.

"Well," Jonghyun said, leaning his head back against the wall. "Suho's been trying to get Lay's attention for about forever now, so it looks like he finally caught on and snapped out of his obliviousness."

 Minho thought about that. Lay barely remembered what month it was half the time. He suddenly felt sorry for Suho. "Shouldn't Suho be helping out Onew?"

“Nah, by now Onew's got this."

"But is play practice really the best time for making out?"

Jonghyun shrugged. "We're afterschool together most days this week. We're all in close quarters, tensions running high. Haven't you noticed the overwhelming gayness, Minho?"

"Uh...like what?"

That elicited an over dramatic sigh from Jonghyun. "Well, for starters, Luhan- who's about as big a flirt as you are- definitely has a thing with that rainbow haired guy. Sehun, I think. Also, Tao and Kris are definitely a couple, and Kyuhyun has basically marked that Sungmin guy as his territory." Minho blinked. He hadn't really noticed the others' interactions. Then he remembered that he spent most of his time working backstage or with the lights or watching Taemin. That was probably why. "And then there's us."

"Yeah..." Minho agreed. Jonghyun was pretty obvious, and even though he liked to think he was subtle, Minho knew that he was blatant as well. "Hey, Jonghyun, you know, Key....well, he's a good person."

Jonghyun glanced at Minho curiously. "What makes you say that? I mean, why now?"

Minho thought back to the other night, how Key was a naggy umma to Taemin but was really looking out for him, working at least one job while balancing school as well. "I just thought of if now. He just really looks out for Taemin. He's pretty mature."

"Yeah, I know." Jonghyun was verging on sounding like a dreamy schoolgirl, and Minho rolled his eyes.

"Even if he has an unhealthy addiction to shoes."

"Hey, shoes are important!"

"You only care about them because you need them to make you taller."

While Jonghyun attempted to formulate a comeback, Minho found himself smiling and interrupting him. "But anyway, it seems like you two are getting on well." He gestured to Key's stuff lying next to Jonghyun.

"I could say the sane for you and Taemin." Jonghyun replied.

"I guess," Minho mumbled, thinking back to what Taemin had said the previous night. He still needed to ask him about it. Turning his gaze to the stage, where Taemin and Kai were performing their dance, Minho was fairly certain that the person he was completely infatuated with was also a complete tease.


A/N: So this is going to be the second-to-last chapter and the last update for at least another couple of weeks because I will be out of town. There probably will be a sequel soon enough and hopefully it will also be longer. Please give this chapter lots of love.

This is one of my favroite chapters, because unnecessary cameos ftw. Also, I apologize for the shortness, but just a heads up, the next chapter is even shorter. As said above, in the event of a sequel I will strive to make the chapters longer.