chapter 02

The Second Meeting

— 

Kyungsoo found himself in school a little bit earlier than the rest of the student population, heck even some of the teachers in his new school. He has always been an early riser since elementary school, he believes he'll get more things done by starting his day earlier than other people. When Kyungsoo walked in, the halls and the classroom were still empty besides the school custodians and some of the workers who were busily preparing today's breakfast. He decided to tour the school some more as yesterday's tour was too short to cover the whole school grounds.

 

Besides the school gym, there's also a stadium behind the school for more outdoor type of sports. The library is in the left side of the main building and an auditorium lies in the opposite wing. After walking around the school for a few minutes, Kyungsoo settles on a bench, he decided to review his notes for his Chinese class as he isn't confident enough compared to English. It wasn't until he felt a tapped on his back that he finally looked up from his notes.

 

"Hi Kyungsoo," Luhan grinned greeting Kyungsoo in Chinese. "Studying Chinese, huh? How is it going so far?"

 

Still shocked, Kyungsoo scooted down the bench to give Luhan some space for him to sit. "Hi Luhan hyung! I swear this is the hardest language ever!" He exclaimed putting his notebook away. Kyungsoo pouts as he remembered his mistake yesterday in class. Seeing this, Luhan laughed at the younger.

 

"You just reminded me of someone I know. He used to whine before class starts," Luhan explained when he noticed Kyungsoo looked up to find out what he was laughing about. "I'm sure you'll do fine. I'll help you if anything." Luhan gave him a pat in the back.

 

"Really? Who?" Kyungsoo nodded his head thankful for the fact that he's not the only one having trouble in speaking this beautiful-yet-difficult-to-learn language. "By the way thanks but I think you already have a lot on your plate I don't want to burden you."

 

"My whiny best friend, believe it or not he had the highest grade in class. And no it's fine, I'm willing to help." Luhan told Kyungsoo as he checked his phone.

 

"okay thanks hyung! Anyway, why are you in school so early?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"It's my Vice President duties. Speaking of, I have to go. Bye kyungsoo-ya." He waves as he made his way toward the main building. Kyungsoo waves back as Luhan approached the same dude from yesterday. Jongin, the guy's name according to Baekhyun slipped his hands around Luhan's waist pulling the latter closer to him while they walk together side by side. Kyungsoo thinks they look quite good together.

 

 

Sehun and Jongdae immediately spotted Kyungsoo when they got to school. Kyungsoo was wondering where the most talkative of them all was but according to Jongdae Baekhyun doesn't get to school until the first ten minutes of his first class passed. Since they had some time left before class start, they decided to get breakfast together. As they made their way to the school cafeteria, the smell of pancakes and bacon greeted them.

 

"Man Baekhyun hyung missed out again," Sehun giggles as he took a bite off his bacon. Jongdae offered him more and the sophomore gladly took it displaying some cute expressions Kyungsoo presumed is a thank you. 

 

"What the hell, who doesn't eat bacon?" Kyungsoo blurts out as he watched the two.

 

"Well I'm on diet so hush and please quickly finish all your bacon before temptation gets to me."

 

Kyungsoo laughed at how silly Jongdae's explanations were. It's only his second day in school today and Kyungsoo's already getting along with his new classmates. He's actually really glad he met his new friends because he'd probably be alone. It's not that he's a loner or anything, people just need to approach him first. 

 

"Hyung are you going to drink that?" Sehun pointed at the unopened carton of milk on Kyungsoo's tray. He already finished his own but he's a growing teenager who is way obsessed with milk. 

 

"Ya! Hyung needs it, you're already way too tall for your age." Jongdae teased even before Kyungsoo got to reply.

 

"Says the one who has the same height as me." Jongdae earned a glare from Kyungsoo. "Here Sehunnie, you can have it!" Kyungsoo pushed his milk across the table to Sehun and the latter thanked him. 

 

Before the bell rang for first period, the three stopped by their lockers to gather their books when a group of girls were talking loudly amongst themselves about the student body president being back in campus.

 

"They're talking like he's been gone for a few days when it was just yesterday," Jongdae mumbled. Just then, the school bell rang and the three made their way to class separately in three different wings of the building.

 

 

His first class is Korean history. Kyungsoo have never been interested in this subject so it's no surprise when he finds himself spacing out during the teacher's lecture. He swore he did his best to pay attention but he just couldn't. It doesn't help that that this is his first class of the day because who the hell focuses well in the morning? Certainly not Do Kyungsoo.

 

The teacher continued to ramble on and on about the dates in Korea's history and their significances. While the rest of the students quietly took notes, Kyungsoo picked up his pencil and was about to write when the sound of oncoming footsteps swept his attention away from his task. Kyungsoo takes a look out the door and sees a guy in the same navy blue uniform as he was. The guy, Kyungsoo figures, is the same if not a bit taller than him. Hair dyed a bit of dark brown creating a contrast to his pale skin. He held a few folders in different color on his side. Kyungsoo doesn’t look away until the said guy disappeared when he passed the classroom.

 

 

His second class finished earlier than he expected. English never seemed too bad for Kyungsoo. It has always been his favorite class since he discovered his undying love for Amanda Seyfried while watching Mean Girls with his best friend   Hyungsik. Since then he studied English in the hopes of having an actual conversation with his favorite actress in real life and not just in his dreams. And no if anyone ever asked, he did not spend the whole day watching her movies before moving to Seoul. So when the bell rang for third period, he can’t help but feel sad especially since they missed about ten minutes of the class for the sub to get everyone settled down and make some tall guy named Chanyeol to stop messing around. 

 

When Kyungsoo got to the music room, he raised his hands to wave to Baekyhun but immediately brought it down when he noticed the latter wasn’t paying attention to him but to the guy playing piano across the room. Kyungsoo remembers the guy’s name as Lay from yesterday’s class. He along with Baekhyun watches as Lay pressed his fingers on the keys beautifully. 

 

“He’s really good huh?”

 

“Yeah, he’s really really reall- the when did you get here?” Baekhyun asked completely shocked at the fact that Kyungsoo was here the whole time he was fawning over —  oh no! no one was supposed to know!

 

“Ha! Baek got his eyes on someone,” Kyungsoo teased.

 

“Hey just because I was admiring his talent doesn’t mean I like him, okay? The piece was just beautifully played,” Baekyhun argued nervously as the younger gave him knowing looks.

 

“Who said anything about liking him? But since you said it then.”

 

“Oh hell no, Do Kyungsoo that’s not fair!” Baekhyun cried as Kyungsoo waved him off as the class started. 

 

— 

 

“Hey, how was class?” Jongdae asked as he plopped down beside Sehun. It’s lunch time and the cafeteria was filled with busy bodies trying to get passed people to get to their self assigned tables.

 

“Class is class alright but did you know Baekhyun-” Kyungsoo started but Baekhyun clasped his hands over his mouth. Baekhyun eyed him as to warn him not to say anything or else i will end your life. Kyungsoo nodded and grinned at the latter as soon as the hands left his mouth.

 

“Moving on, when is your showcase again Sehun-ah?” Baekhyun asked before focusing on his lunch.

 

“Saturday, you guys are coming right?” 

 

“For sure! you know we never miss your showcase except for the time Jongdae insisted we go to Gyeonggi and the train arrived late, but yes, yes we are coming. Kyungsoo, you’re coming right?”

"What showcase?" Kyungsoo looked more confused with his eyes wider than they already are. 

"Once in a while the dance or music students performs," Jongdae informed him.

"So Kyungsoo hyung, you are coming right?" 

“Well,” Kyungsoo looked up from his lunch and was greeted with three pairs of puppy eyes, as if that would make him miss the comfort of his bed and the company of his prince of tennis collection. In the end, he agreed and the other three cheered garnering eyes from other table including Luhan’s. Kyungsoo took a glance and sees Luhan smiling at him before turning his attention to the same guy who he knows now as Jongin. Before looking a way, he caught a glimpse of a familiar looking face. The guy couldn’t help but crack a smile at whatever Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo couldn’t look away until Baekhyun opened his mouth. 

 

“Oh look, Junmyeon’s back.” 

 

 

— 

 

A/N: I swear I was supposed to update a long time ago lmfao i'm so sorry for the wait. anyway, how's everyone doing? i'm still shocked tbh everything is moving so quickly these days. To Ai: thanks for telling me to get off my and update. Anyway, i hope you all like it ♡ I tried to make a longer chapter this time lol 

and oh as expected, i'm still in the intro process if you haven't noticed. i swear there's going to be a lot more otp moments on the next chapters. okay bye lovelies! comments are appreciated. xoxo