chapter 01

The Second Meeting

Kyungsoo, clad in his new navy blue uniform and black jacket takes a deep breath as he looks up past the gate to the huge grey building in front of him. Students with the same outfit rushed past him as they made their way inside. Today is his first day in school after just moving in two days ago from Gyeonggi-do. It’s not really his first time in Seoul but he’s still pretty intimidated by the lifestyle and the people.

 

~

 

After successfully introducing himself without stuttering due to nervousness, he is pulled out from class to meet a senior who’s going to show him around the campus. Kyungsoo stares wide eyed as his so called tour guide named Luhan introduces himself. He learns that although fluent in Korean, the blonde haired boy is Chinese who moved here four years ago and that he is the student body’s vice president. Apparently, the person who was supposed to show Kyungsoo around has some family members to attend to at home so he isn’t able to make it. Instead, he got this feminine looking guy and so far he doesn’t have any problem with it.

 

“So this is our cafeteria,” Luhan points out. A number of vending machine lined up by the white walls, wooden rectangular tables and chairs in the middle. With serving stations across the room in front of the wall that divides the dining and the kitchen area.

 

“It’s huge and fancy alright,” Kyungsoo thinks to himself. His old school’s cafeteria is nothing compare to this. He just hopes that the food here is also better tasting.

 

“And oh just put on your best aegyo - actually you’re cute enough so i’m pretty sure the ahjjumas will give you more food,” the older suggested, grinning. He moves ahead towards the school gym leaving Kyungsoo a few feet behind as the shorter boy takes in the view of the modern looking cafeteria, way different from his old one.

 

The shorter boy could not help but take a peek inside the classrooms on their way to the gym. Typical high school students who are sleeping, playing pranks on others, and kids who just doesn’t care. There are a few students who are actually paying attention to the teacher who actually looks like he’s on the verge of breaking down and storming out of the room at any given moment.

 

“And here’s our gym,” the taller one out of the two announces. Kyungsoo doesn’t really care much for the gym because his body type is not really suitable for any kind of sports there is. Short and round, that’s what he is. He’d rather excel in his academics than sweat his out running around trying to catch a ball to be honest. However, he’s quite amaze at the size and  how spotless the area is. So far this school has exceeded his expectations based on its physical aspect.

 

“If you have any questions just come to me,” Luhan beams. He drops Kyungsoo off to his first period English class after the tour. The latter has always been good in this subject so he has no problem transitioning in this class. He meets Baekhyun who has not stopped talking since he pulled Kyungsoo to sit beside him in music class. Baekhyun, according to Kyungsoo, is really talkative and lively, this boy just loves socializing with everyone, and he means everyone.

 

~

 

When the bell rang, they made their way to the school cafeteria along with other students who are in the rush to get their lunch trays. True to Luhan’s words, he watches the eye liner loving boy work his aegyo as the aunties giggles and add more serving on to his tray. Kyungsoo on the other hand just takes a sandwich, an apple and an orange juice to his tray, besides he’s not that hungry. Guess he won’t be able to judge the school lunch accurately today.

 

Baekhyun drags Kyungsoo to a table where a lanky beach blonde figure sat. He introduces himself as Sehun, a sophomore. Kyungsoo bows 90 degrees and is greeted with a smack behind his head because, “Do Kyungsoo you don’t have to show that much respect to a sophomore, a freaking sophomore!” Baekhyun freaks out and Sehun just smirks. Although he’s a year younger, he’s often mistaken as a junior thus using this an advantage to annoy his friends.

 

“Where is Jongdae?” Baekhyun asks as he digs into his lunch. Just then a brown haired guy with the ends of his lips turned upwards (trust me he’s really feeling bad but his lips says the opposite) flopped down beside him ranting how he failed another math test. The boy blames his teacher for taking away his test even before he gets to the last page. But really, he was talking non stop during the whole exam that his teacher got fed up. He tries to steal apples from his friend’s lunch tray but a hand slapped his hands away, he whines until he notices a new face in front of him. He then introduces himself as Kim Jongdae, junior class’ prankster as Baek would say.

 

“Hey Kyungsoo-ya,” Luhan greets Kyungsoo as he passes by on the way to his table along with other people. Baekhyun eyes him weirdly but the younger one didn’t catch on.

 

“You know him?” He asks curiously leaning in.

 

“Uh yeah, he showed me around school,” Kyungsoo replies unconcerned, not noticing every eyes on the table are on him. Sehun chokes on his pasta as he sees a guy catching up to Luhan’s table.

 

“You do know he’s Luhan, the student body’s vice president,” Jongdae reiterates but the boy still doesn’t seem to get it.

 

“I know,” the whole table sighs as the new student seems to be slow on catching things.

 

“He’s also the president’s best friend. Obviously they’re on top of the food chain, if there is a food chain,” Sehun starts poking the chocolate cake on his plate and explains nodding at Luhan’s table. He turns around quickly as a tall guy with big ears turns his way. Baekhyun points out that the said guy is Chanyeol, the scary looking dude is named Kris, and the one across him with a serious case of sleep deprivation is Tao.

 

“And the ‘very cute guy with the dimples’ is Lay,” he coughs embarrassingly after saying it. Just then a tall tan sleepy looking guy sat down beside Luhan and rested his head on the latter’s shoulder while the older one ruffles his head.

 

“Oh and that’s Jongin,” Jongdae adds. “He’s in the same grade as Sehun.”

 

“So where is this president dude? And why are all of you freaking out anyway?” Kyungsoo asks as he takes a bite of his apple that’s been sitting there since they sat down.

 

“I heard he has some matters to attend to that’s why he’s not around. And just don’t get too close to them, you don’t want their fangirls attacking you, do you?” Baekhyun went on. When the bell rang, Jongdae suggested to walk with Kyungsoo to his Chinese class since he has the same class anyway. Everyone is required to take at least one language class besides English. Baekhyun chose french while Sehun chose Japanese. Jongdae goes on about how he doesn’t have a seat mate and his new friend can actually sit by him. Kyungsoo just nods in everything the other says while he takes note of the way in case he gets lost later on.

 

~

 

After school, the others invited him to get bubble tea in request of Sehun but he was too exhausted so he kindly declined their offer. Instead he makes his way home, casually stopping by the convenience store to buy a lemon lollipop.


Kyungsoo smiles and considers his first day a success.

 

------

 

A/N: hope you guys like it and sorry for any mistakes ;u;