chapter 03

The Second Meeting

 

 

Kyungsoo comes back after having just spent half of his recess in the library checking out books for his research paper. It has almost been a week since he moved to this school and he already has a stack of homework to do. Now Mr. Choi, his history teacher just assigned an individual project due in a week. Kyungsoo decides to start on his paper early because he had little knowledge of his topic considering he paid little attention during class.  Carrying quite a number of books, he makes his way down to his locker which is in the middle of the hall. He is in front of his locker trying to put in his code when the books slips out of his hands and on to the floor. Feeling embarrassed, he quickly bent down to pick up his books when he sees a pair of hands picking up the rest. He looked up and sees Kris.

 

"Here you go," Kris says with a deep voice handing the book to Kyungsoo. The younger doesn’t meet the other’s eyes. It’s not that Kyungsoo is afraid of Kris, he’s just always viewed the latter as a cold guy. Kris’ height and status as the school’s basketball captain doesn’t help so Kyungsoo is a bit surprised when Kris helped him out of all people.

 

"Oh t-thanks," Kyungsoo thanks him. He takes the books from Kris' hands and quickly stuffs it into his locker.

 

"That's quite a lot of books for someone who's small," Kris jokes before walking away. He raises his right hand for a wave not even bothering to look back. Kyungsoo gasped as he turns to say something in return but stops when he sees the guy next to Kris. He recognizes him as Junmyeon, the council's president and Luhan's friend. Junmyeon smiles at Kyungsoo when he meets the latter's eyes. Kyungsoo's eyes lingers a bit when Junmyeon walked away.

 

 

"So how's your crush?" Kyungsoo sneaks up to Baekhyun startling the other when he got to their music class.

 

"Jesus Kyungsoo can you stop creeping? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” And please stop mentioning it or else you won't live to see another day." Baekhyun warns him. It still amazes Baek how he hasn't killed Kyungsoo yet since the latter has been teasing him all week long. "Just you wait until you start liking someone."

 

"Oh please Byun Baekhyun like I will," Kyungsoo says taking out his music sheets from his folder and placing it on the stand in front of him. The class have been learning different classical songs for the past week. "And even if I'm interested in anyone I'll make sure you will never find out.” He adds sticking his tongue out.

 

"Oh hell no!" Baekhyun exclaim trying to sound offended. "I will find out one way or another." He smirks knowing he is no other than Byun Baekhyun after all. He will find out in no time if his little Kyungsoo is crushing on anyone. Revenge is sweet after all.

 

"Whatever Baek, just tell me details!" Kyungsoo says a little too loud for the people around them to hear.

 

"Oh my god Soo please shout it out next time. It's not like we're in classroom with other people," Baekhyun face palm at his friend's lack of consideration.

 

"Well sorry," just then Kyungsoo spots Lay walking towards them and grins, ignoring Baekhyun’s rumbling in front of him.

 

"Can we not talk about Lay hyung when he's around? I don't want him to find out. I'll buy you bubble tea oh wait you're not Sehun. How about an ice cream? No?"

 

"Who?" Baekhyun turns around at the familiar voice. His eyes widens when he sees Lay standing behind him with a smile on his face. "Who are you talking about?"

 

“I, no we were just talking about how wonderful your piano skills are hyung, right kyungsoo?” Baekhyun stutters nudging Kyungsoo on the side with his elbow. The younger one just laughs at his friend's lame way of covering up. Baekhyun glared at him on the side. Do Kyungsoo you're really dead!

 

 

The student council usually have their weekly meetings at the end of the week during lunch. As they are both part of the council, Junmyeon and Luhan doesn’t join the others for lunch until the meeting is over. It's not until the second half of lunch it ended. They made their way to their usual table with Junmyeon settling beside Chanyeol. Luhan opts to with Tao who scoots closer to Kris making space for Luhan.

 

“Wow, Jongin isn’t with you for once. Did you guys break up or something?” Chanyeol joke as soon as the older sat down. Luhan all alone without his boyfriend is such a rare sight so Chanyeol takes this chance to make fun of his hyung. He knows the two are glued to each other and practically inseparable. They love each other too much to let each other go. Chanyeol mentally throws up at the thought.

 

“Lay and him are both practicing for tomorrow’s showcase,” everyone is aware of it but Luhan informs them anyway with a pout evident on his face. He hasn’t been spending time with his boyfriend during the past few days because Jongin was too busy making sure his choreography is perfect. Luhan understands though and he never forget to remind Jongin to rest and eat before dancing.

 

“Aw, I’m sure he misses you too.” Chanyeol teased reaching for Tao’s cake but gets his hands swatted away. Tao moves his plate farther from Chanyeol.

 

"I'm sure you'll be worse than Luhan hyung when you actually score one," Tao who has been quietly eating a piece of cake mocked him.

 

"Says the one who's been clinging on to Kris for a while now," Chanyeol retorts. Kris almost choke while drinking his soda. Tao kicks Chanyeol's legs underneath the table and the latter winced in pain. Junmyeon sighs and just shakes his head at his friends’ behavior not taking his eyes away from the book he's reading.

 

"Anyway, you guys are coming tomorrow right?" Luhan asks not taking no for an answer. His boyfriend and Lay needs support and he's willing to drag his friends with him. Not like they would miss it for the world.

 

"Of course," Junmyeon beams looking up from his book at last.

 

"Well—" Chanyeol started but gets cut off by Luhan. "No, you can't go to the mall and check out girls who are not interested in you instead of going Chanyeol-ah." Chanyeol opens his mouth ready to protest again when Junmyeon brought out the tickets.

 

"Here, it's on me." He says throwing it gently on the table before going back to his book.

 

"Hyung you already bought tickets?" Tao asks excitedly as he thanked the older.

 

"Well our junmyeonnie insisted," Luha answers instead ruffling Junmyeon's fluffy brown hair.

 

"Sorry Chanyeol guess you just have to postpone your girl hunting plans this time," Kris laughs at the disappointment on Chanyeol's face. He reaches out to give Junmyeon a high five but acted indifferently when he got no response. Geez Junmyeon must you embarrass me this way?

 

Chanyeol snorts at Kris' dumb move. Whatever maybe he'll meet girls at tomorrow's show anyway, he thought.

 

 

After school, Kyungsoo stops by the convenience store near his house. He takes his time walking towards the aisle where his favorite lemon lollipop is when he sees someone familiar standing at the end of the aisle. It was Junmyeon. He grabs the whole box of something (Kyungsoo can't tell what it is) from the shelf and makes his way to the cashier.

 

"Hyung are there no more lollipops?" While standing in line, Junmyeon overheard someone asking an employee. "No, the lemon one. Oh you don't have it anymore? That's okay." A hint of disappointment showed through his voice. Junmyeon turns to the cashier and whisper something before leaving.

 

Kyungsoo was disappointed his favorite candy was sold out for the day. However, instead of buying another flavor he decides to go home. Either give him a lemon lollipop or nothing at all. When he passed the cashier on his way out, the guy called him and handed him a lollipop. Kyungsoo was a bit shocked because where the hell did the lollipop came from. Sensing this, the guy explain that it was from the previous customer. Kyungsoo thanked the cashier and made his way out of the store while unwrapping the lollipop. He stuffs it in his mouth and smiles, turning to the direction of their house.

 

 

Today is indeed the day. The showcase isn’t till five but Sehun goes to the venue a couple of hours earlier for rehearsals. He has been working hard for the past week along with his partner, Jongin to make sure everything goes well with their choreography. They are both in the same grade and are both very passionate when it comes to dancing. Like Sehun, Jongin is a perfectionist and is one of the most talented dancer he has ever known. Although they are not close outside the studio, the two gets along well when it comes to dancing.

 

The two had ask Lay, another dancer and the school's piano prodigy to play the piano live during one of their choreo's segment. Fortunately the older had agreed even though he has to prepare for his solo stage as well.

 

"Hyung thanks again for doing this for us," Jongin thanked Lay again. "Yeah, Hyung you're already busy with yours as well so thank you." Sehun adds bowing to the older one.

 

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." Lay pats both of them in the back. "Let's just practice that part one more time then we can all take a break before preparing for the show." He suggests before standing up.

 

"By the way, you're friends with Bekhyun right?" Lay asks Sehun.

 

"Yeah, why are you asking though?" Sehun stops stretching and turns to Lay.

 

"I'm just," he pauses hesitant to continue. "Just wondering, I've seen you a couple of times with him and he's in my music class that's all."

 

"Alright," Sehun eyes him judgingly. Why is this Hyung asking about his loud friend who wouldn't stop talking? Something is definitely fishy about this but he decides to stay quiet for the sake of this decent Hyung's sake.

 

The three as well as the other students who prepared their own stages continued rehearsing until it was time for the show. They took a fifteen minute break before getting ready for the stage.

 

 

Before the show, the trio meet up with Sehun backstage to encourage and wish him goodluck. And simply announce their presence and tell Sehun that no they did not choose to go busan this time. While Jongdae and Kyungsoo talk to the youngest, Baekhyun's eyes roam around looking for a specific individual. Kyungsoo notices this and fake coughs while nudging Baek on the side.

 

"Looking for someone perhaps?" Kyungsoo asks in a teasing tone. Just then he turns Baek's head to the side where Lay is sitting with a bunch of people whom Soo recognizes as his friends. He also sees Luhan on his toes reaching his boyfriend for a kiss. It was a light peck and Kyungsoo can't help but think it was sweet. He then turns his attention towards Baek who is still staring at Lay. "You should go and wish him luck." Kyungsoo suggests trying to help his friend.

 

"Nah, that's fine. I already wished him good luck in school," stubborn Baekhyun replies. Kyungsoo can't help but sigh at this. Jongdae calls them over to go to their seats since the show was about to start in ten minutes.

 

Chanyeol who is in a rush quickly opens a door expecting Jongin in the other side. Instead he sees Sehun putting on his shirt halfway revealing a bit of his abs. Chanyeol's eyes lingers a bit too much until a shirt is thrown on his face. He grunts as the shirt hits his face and Chanyeol throws it on the ground. Who does this kid think he is?

 

"Ya!" Chanyeol half yells at the person before him. "Don't you know it's bad to throw things at people?"

 

"Well, did you know it's bad to come in without knocking? Also, walk in on people changing?" Sehun shouts feeling annoyed. This silly looking hyung saw him half and he has the audacity to get mad at Sehun, what an , sehun thought.

 

"It's not like there's anything to see anyway," Chanyeol snorts, he backs out of the room just in time before Sehun throws him something heavier this time. He doesn't want to damage his handsome face just yet.

 

"You wouldn't have guessed what just happened," Chanyeol announces out of breath. The others look at him weirdly thinking it was just another excuse on why he's late.

 

"Oh! Let me guess, did you run into a hot girl that's why you couldn't come here early," Tao teases chanyeol as the others laugh. Chanyeol disregards him and goes to Jongin to headlock him. "Oh, you that was your fault ok?"

 

"Geez Chanyeol let my boyfriend go. What happened anyway?"

 

"I kinda walked in on someone changing."

 

"Wait, was it a girl?" Tao asks earning a slap on the back of his head from Junmyeon. Chanyeol shakes his head no.

 

"So it was a guy? What does he look like?"

 

"Well he had pink hair.." Chanyeol replies.

 

"Oh!" Jongin laughs out loud and Luhan asks him why. "Park Chanyeol, you did not just walk in on Oh Sehun."

 

Chanyeol smirks at the sudden mention of the guy's name. His mind flashes to the sight of the guy's tiny waist and toned abs. Chanyeol smiles at the thought and shakes it off quickly when he realizes what he just thought of. No, Park Chanyeol likes girls.

 

Jongdae, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo make their way near the stage casually pushing past people. The club where the showcase is being held at is nearly packed so it was a bit difficult to get to their desired spot. They settle near the stage. The sound of people chattering over their heads resonated the area until the light dimmed signaling the start of the show.

 

In the middle of the show, Junmyeon decides to use the restroom. On his way there he bumps on to someone as tall as him. The latter was about to fall when Junmyeon sneaks his arms around him to prevent him from falling face first on the floor. Junmyeon takes a glance at the guy's face before straightening up. Wide round eyes, dark brown in color, heart shaped lips and those squishy cheeks. Junmyeon recognizes him as the new junior transferee. He's seen him a couple of times and Luhan quite talked about him a few times among the lines of "Junmyeon the new transferee is so squishy" and "I want to keep him in my pocket forever." Kyungsoo bows and quickly apologizes before looking up. He is met with Junmyeon's gentle smile telling him it's okay. Kyungsoo can't explain why but his heart stops for a few seconds before running off to his spot next to Baekhyun and Jongdae.

 

Sehun and Jongin's performance is second to last just after Lay's solo. The two starts off with a dubstep mix showcasing their powerful and sharp moves. Then the music transitions to a beautiful piano version of 'Baby Don't Cry' played by Lay where they show their smooth moves, waves and a bit of ballet courtesy of Jongin.

 

Chanyeol's jaw drops when he sees pink hair peeking out of the other guy's hat.

 

“No, it can’t be.” Chanyeol mentally curses. Jongin’s partner is indeed Oh Sehun also known as the guy Chanyeol walked in on earlier.

 

The crowd goes wild when their performance comes to an end with Luhan's voice above everyone else.

 

After the showcase, everyone went backstage to congratulate the two. The two introduce their friends to each other. Chanyeol hides behind Junmyeon when it was his turn avoiding Sehun’s gaze.

 

“What is wrong with him?” Kyungsoo leans towards Sehun to whisper.

 

“No clue at all,” Sehun answers with a smirk.

 

Junmyeon comes in a bit later because he had to take a call from his parents. When he comes back, Luhan takes this chance to introduce the two to each other, pulling Kyungsoo towards Junmyeon.

 

“Junmyeon, here’s Kyungsoo the squishiest human being i’ve been talking to you about. And Kyungsoo, this is Junmyeon.” The younger one bends to bow but Junmyeon smiles and held out his hand for a handshake. Kyungsoo takes the latter’s hand and shakes it with a firm grip. He notices Junmyeon’s hand is soft and smooth while his is a bit rough causing him to feel a bit embarrassed. “Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo.” Junmyeon flashes him his angelic smile yet again.

 

“Nice to meet you too Junmyeon hyung~” Kyungsoo says shyly as both of them finally let each other’s hand go. Silence filled the air until Chanyeol and Sehun started bickering.


Luhan who’s been watching all along grins and clings onto Jongin’s arms.

 

 

— 

 

A/N: 2863 words later and now i am writing this note. btw, i did not proofread bc i'm too lazy to go back so i'm sorry. I've been switching between my devices just to type this out lol anyway i really enjoyed writing this chapter and i hope you enjoy reading it as well. okay, i'll update again soon~ as always comments are greatly appreciated alright bye! happy reading ^^