Pinky promise

Mask of Reversal

 

 

 

“Okay, pay up!” Taeyang motioned his hand towards Seungri asking for his winnings. The maknae bowed in defeat, “Arasso, can’t believe they pushed through this.”

 

 

“Heol, this is by far the most awkward wedding I’ve been in.” Daesung commented while statued in his place.  He watched the couple whose eyes didn’t hide the real emotions in their eyes. “They can fool their parents and everyone in here but those two ain’t fooling me. Can’t they just be more obvious that they are not happy with this? I mean why get through this if it’s so apparent that they both hate each other?”

 

 

 

Seungri nodded while looking at the couple walking down the aisle after exchanging their vows in the altar. “But Dara-shi is so pretty, I mean how can hyung get so lucky, he gets to sleep with her now an-.” Well, he got three smacks for that comment. “Alright, I’m sorry, I know she is hyung’s wife, well…I can’t believe one of my friends is already married.”

 

 

 

“and of all people, it’s Jiyong.” Taeyang added. He continued to shake his head. “I alwyas thought he’s gonna be a lonely old fool but hey look at things now.”

 

 

 

 

“How is it that Jiyong and Dara-shi agreed to this?” TOP narrowed his eyes from behind. “It’s still a mystery to me that those two smoothly agreed to this wedding. I think they are hiding something. You think Dara is pregnant?”

 

 

 

 

“Ehhhh..That’s more ridiculous than my theories TOP. You saw how they acted together, I bet those two didn’t haven’t been alone in a room yet.” Daesung confidently retorted.

 

 

 

 

“Maybe something happened and that they truly liked each other?” Taeyang debated to the three.

 

 

 

“That’s bull, Jiyong hyung is not the type to like a girl, be engaged and marry her eventually, oh no, lemme correct myself… and, marry her the next week he got engaged to her. Didn’t even have the chance to throw a bachelor party, all those girls, shame…” Seungri snickered while the three laughed at the maknae’s joke. “and well, this only means I have less competition for girls in bars, now hyung is out of the picture.” He shielded himself seeing how his hyungs where about to launch a punch to him.

 

 

 

 

They snapped out of their thoughts when the crowd started to clap as sign of their congratulations to the married couple. They clapped slowly and smiled at how ridiculous the scene in front of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong looked at them and shrugged his shoulders but it didn’t past him as his friends mouthed “Best wishes” in the most obvious mocking way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

““Yah Sandara Park! Yah Kwon Jiyong! Stop fooling around already!”  Park Bom shouted from behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sandara Park?!” the four shouted in unison with shocked expression.

 

 

 

 

 

Dara gulped again but she felt an arm draped on her shoulders. She looked and saw Jiyong smiling.

 

 

 

 

“Well, guys, I was really planning to surprise you. Meet my fiancée, Sandara Park.”

 

 

 

 

The four looked at him and Dara with mouths open as if hearing wonders of the world edition.  She can feel the tightness in Jiyong’s hold urging her to greet his friends.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ahh..” She awkwardly laughed. “Neh, I’m Sandara Park, Dara for short and Jiyong’s fiancée. Well they are certainly surprised honey.” She pressed Jiyong arm hard, making it look like she was clinging to him.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong groaned in pain, “Yes, honey. This is what I was aiming for. You’re so cute.” He pinched both of Dara’s cheeks to return her gesture.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah, leave my cheeks alone.” She threatened in a voice only he can hear.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, let go of my hands, honey.” He responded in the same voice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So..i mean… what is this really? Hyung, you’re really getting married?” Seungri was the first to collect his thoughts after the revelation in front of him.

 

 

 

 

 

“But… but you’re both still at school and you’ve just met.” Daesung added as the two have yet to respond to Seungri’s question.

 

 

 

 

 

“And not to mention, you bicker a lot in school. And why are Sandara Park and Park Bom-shi look like supermodels right now? How did you... Why are you...” Seungri added while looking at Dara and Bom’s bodies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong blocked Dara from their view, “Yah Seungri! You can’t just look at my fiancée like you’re checking her out. And enough with the questions okay? I’m tired as so is the two ladies so how about we talk about this, I don’t know, tomorrow maybe, and we need to get back inside now because our parents might be wandering what’s taking us so long. Okay, scoot! Bye guys!” Jiyong literally dragged Dara inside the restaurant. Bom hurried back inside after them.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, don’t tell me Jiyong hyung thinks we’ll buy their acting faces. I bet they are faking it, I mean , they hate each other and now they are engaged... something is suspicious..

I bet my month’s allowance, there will be no wedding!” Seungri bravely swore after getting in their cars.

 

 

 

 

“I’ll take that bet!” Taeyang smiled mischievously.

 

 

 

 

“Oh, you are so on hyung!” Seungri gave him a high five.  “Just prepare to pay me up!”

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

“So, we are gonna stay in here? Do you not have a house?” Dara questioned Jiyong while roaming her eyes after arriving at his room at the hotel where he lived. They came from the reception of their wedding and since they are both in school, their families luckily agreed to postpone the honeymoon but they strictly reminded the couple to stay in the same house so that they can grow closer. Jiyong found their way out from staying in their parents’ place by insisting they both stay at his own place.

 

 

 

 

“What? Do you want to stay with my parents? Believe me, you’ll thank me later.” He was carrying the bags of Dara as she refused to carry it herself. He carried the bags to his room while leaving Dara in the leaving room.

 

 

 

 

 

“So you live with your parents before?” She asked with a bit of sarcasm.  She didn’t meant it to be heard but Jiyong caught on.

 

 

 

 

 

“I visit them and stay occasionally, but no, I’ve lived here ever since I started college and could just please stop complaining, you’ve already reached a day’s limit.” He frustratingly replied.

 

 

 

 

She sat at the sofa and sighed, “so much for a happy married life.” She looked around and just realized how neat the room was, she could not tell that a guy was living in the place. It was themed in black and white and sleekness could be traced in all furniture.  She could tell that he likes music as the living room was in mass display of CDs and pictures of famous bands, there are guitars and musical equipment in the corners.

 

 

 

 

She broke from her thoughts as she heard Jiyong coughed from behind. She immediately looked at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I forgot to tell you but this is a one bedroom unit so yeah…”

 

 

 

 

 

Her eyes almost bulged out of her sockets. “I’m sorry could you repeat, I think I heard you wrongly.”

 

 

 

 

“What? I mean it’s fine with me since we’re already married, it’ll happen eventually.” He reasoned bluntly.

 

 

 

 

 

She stood up in panic, “YAH! No! I mean... I mean we can’t share a room that fast, I barely even know you.”

 

 

 

 

 

He snorted at her figure, she looked cute as she panicked, “making it much more sensible, its better if we share, then we can get to know each other and be comfortable quickly.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara, look, I’m not some or ert as you’ve already clearly categorized me in your mind. Okay, I’m not a perfectly good guy but just bear with this arrangement for a while, I’ll find a way around this. You’re clearly my wife now but I won’t force you on anything. Can we just rest since I’m so freaking tired already.”

 

 

 

 

 

Dara felt guilty at his statement, it was clear that Jiyong was just as forced as her by their parents in this marriage but she felt a little relieved at this words just now. She felt a little better at the thought that Jiyong was now her husband.

 

 

 

 

 

“So, can we have our rest now?” Jiyong repeated with the trace of tiredness in his voice. She nodded and followed him.

 

 

 

“Okay, you’ll take the room, besides this is your house. I’ll take the couch in the living room, it looks comfortable anyways.” Dara reached for her clothes and a pillow. She saw the bed and pictured the worst case scenarios that might happen if she and Jiyong were to sleep in it.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong saw how she stared at it and can’t help but , “Don’t tell you’re imagining us having in there. I mean, we can but I don’t sleep with girls who I haven’t taken out even on a first date.”

 

 

 

 

 

She coughed hard and felt her face reddened hearing him, “Yah! I do not imagine!”

 

 

 

 

 

He laughed, “You should’ve seen your face, and I’m only joking.” He took the pillow out of her hands, “Come on, how can I let my wife sleep in the couch when we can share the bed, we’re super tired since the wedding took the whole day unless you take advantage of me being tired so you just have to promise you won’t do anything to me which is against my will. ”

 

 

 

She narrowed her eyes in suspicion, “Very funny, yeah like that’s gonna happen.” She thought for a moment and finally decides, “Okay but pinky swear first.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Huh? That’s childish” He turned his back and walked to the closet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She followed him, “Yah, promise me first.” She held out her pinky finger in front of him.

 

 

 

 

 

He rolled his eyes, “Arasso, I promise not to do the erted things in your mind right now.  And your promise?” He reached out his pinky finger to seal his promise and then it happened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I promise not to take advantage of you.” She smiled at him, the first genuine smile in the day. He felt a little surprised at how she looked prettier with that kind of smile.  He felt he needed to see the smile closer and so he pulled her towards him.

 

 

 

Dara was surprised at his sudden actions so she lost her balance and pulled towards him but only to be welcomed by warm lips.  She was shocked as they stayed in that position. She didn’t know why she isn’t pushing him away but just stayed in her spot.  He then pulled out from their kiss and gave a one last peck.

 

 

 

“Yaa.. Yah.. Why did you..” She was lost for words as she felt her knees weakened from his stare.

 

 

 

 

“Well, I thought that’s a better way to seal a promise.” He smiled at him. “I’ll shower first, you can arrange your stuff there.” He pointed at a cabinet and then proceeded to the bathroom.