Mornings

Mask of Reversal

 

 

Dara made sure he was completely out of the room when she slumped on the bed, she can feel her heart pounding. “What now?” She talked to herself while clutching her heart.  How can let a guy she barely knew do that to her?  She closed her eyes and breathed heavily as she felt foreign feelings flooding her whole being. She never felt this confused before and it’s scary and frustrating. “No, he hates me as much as I hate him. This is his way of annoying me and he’ll be winning if I let him distract me.” She continued to breathe in and out to ease the tension and it wasn’t long when tiredness crept on her and only her light snores were heard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong closed the bathroom door right after entering. He didn’t know what happened to him but he just had the urge to kiss her when she smiled brightly at him. He saw the girl of his dreams in that smile and not the Dara he used to annoy.  He shook his head at his foolishness.

 

 

He also smiled recalling her reaction; he was somewhat surprised she didn’t push him away like what he expected her to do.  Just by thinking about it now, he want to go back to the room and kiss her again and again but his self-control got a hold of him. He smashed his face with water hoping it would wake him up. ‘You wouldn’t want to scare her more.’ He nodded at his thoughts. 

 

 

 

He clearly imagined himself being married although most of his friends believed otherwise. He’s not close with his parents as distance from them clearly played a big role in his upbringing. He only had his hyung to count on but he felt betrayed by him when he married. He had nothing on his hyung’s wife, maybe he also felt a little jealous that his hyung was happy following his dad’s order by marrying a business partner’s daughter.  Will his fate be the same? Will this prove that his dad is right again?

 

A big side of him opposed to the idea, he can’t lose to his father but thinking of a life with Dara makes him smile.  She can be loud and nagging at times, but he wondered why he found it cute not like the other girls who used to do that to him.  He closed the shower as he also shrugged his thoughts away and immediately stepped out of the room expecting Dara to scream at him for taking so long. But he only saw a sleeping figure in the bed, he didn’t have the heart to wake the girl up as she looked deep in sleep and he smiled widely as he heard her snores.

“Sandara Park… can you not be adorable?” he whispered but loud enough for only him to hear.  He reached out to her and helped her get a better sleeping position, he also draped the blanket around her body so she be more comfortable.  He got a closer look at her face and saw how her features are beautiful even at sleep. It took a lot of control for him to distance himself from her and jumped annoyingly at the carpet. He looked crazy.

 

It’s still a mystery to him why she preferred to hide her face with the goth and gloomy make up. It doesn’t make sense to him. She is bright and cheerful when she is talking with Bom and her father. But when to talking to other people, she was cold and aloof. He was a bit thankful she was already making conversations to him, even though it’s for an argument most of the time, but every time they are in school, she won’t even glance at him. He knows this because he’s staring at her almost every time he sees her and he’s quite bothered by it.

 

 

 

“Argh, I look I have to do something to distract me, I’m sorry Dara but I will not be able to sleep knowing a girl is beside me.”

 

 

 

 

 

He had an idea and searched for the thing he needed in his bedside cabinet. He found it and looked playfully at sleeping Dara.  “I’m doing this so I won’t do anything to you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong woke up earlier, having felt an arm around his waist. He forced to open his eyes and scanned the room and again felt movements beside him.  Only then he realized that he was in the same room as Dara. She was sleeping beside him, literally, with her one arm in his waist hugging it like a pillow. He saw her face and contained himself from laughing. He couldn’t sleep seeing her face last night so he drew on her face to make her uglier in his vision and boy it was hideous. He drew a lot and he knows he’ll be in trouble once she wakes up. 

 

 

 

 

He slowly went out of the bed careful not to make big movements. He proceeded to the kitchen so he can cook breakfast for them and somewhat praying this will make her feel his sincere apology.

 

 

 

 

It didn’t take a while when he heard footsteps from behind and saw Dara scratching her eyes out from sleeping and yawning. He tried to hide his laughter but he failed. He took his phone out and took a picture of Dara.

 

 

 

 

“Yah, what are you doing?” Dara alerted as she tried to grab his phone away but he managed to hide it before she can even reach it.

 

 

 

 

“Nothing, it was just a waste not to capture this kind of moments. Take a seat, I’m finished cooking.” Jiyong acted nonchalantly.

 

 

 

 

 

She took a seat at the table and saw the food he already prepared, “Woah, you really know how to cook eh?”

 

 

 

 

“What to do you expect? How can I live independently if I have a maid in the house?”

 

 

 

“Arasso, I get it.” She nodded a bit impressed since she can’t even properly fry an egg.

 

 

 

 

“You should cook for me sometimes, you know, like in the movies, the husband gets home and the wife waiting for him with the food already cooked and served in the table.”

 

 

 

 

“Too bad, not all the wives are like in the movies, and too bad, I’m not one of those who can cook.” She said bitterly.

 

 

 

“Yah, everyone can cook, don’t tell me you can’t even fry an egg, I mean that’s like cooking 101.”

 

 

 

 

She gulped at his retort. What can she do? It’s too late now, if she only had taken the cooking lessons her dad signed her up for but she didn’t.  She bowed her head and just look at the utensils in front of her and that’s when she saw her reflection. She looked at her reflection in the spoon and saw a lot of pen marks at her face, and jiyong’s suppressed laughter didn’t help the situation at all.

 

 

 

“What the hell did you do to my face Kwon?!!!” She shouted at him.

 

 

“Hey yeobo, don’t shout in front of the food, these are graces from God.” He mocked.

 

 

“I don’t freaking care where I shout since you don’t freaking care where to write! Are you really trying my patience?” She shouted more.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry okay, but it was just so tempting last night because you won’t even budge from you sleep last night and you snoring was pretty loud so you kept me awake, I have nothing else to do.”

 

 

 

 

“Yah, I don’t freaking snore!”

 

 

 

“Yes, you did honey!”

 

 

“Don’t call me that Kwon!” She went to the faucet and quickly splashed her face with water. He can still hear her mutter a lot of curses and he swears he heard the words: freak, kill moron, die and pay in no particular order.

 

 

 

 

 

He composed himself first before following her at the sink and grabbed a tissue on the way. She forced her to face him with water dripping on her chin, “Don’t touch me, just get away from me.”

 

 

 

“Don’t be a brat Dara, I’ll wipe it out, it’s washable ink.” Dara struggled for a bit but then calmed down and let him wipe her face, she even closed her eyes.

 

 

He wiped her face hard to get the ink quickly, “Yah, that hurts, be more gentle.”

 

 

“Okay your highness.” He continued to wipe her face, when he was done he looked at her whole face and again he was trapped looking at her. He didn’t managed to fight the urge to kiss her again and he felt her tense so he quickly withdrew from it.  She opened her eyes and saw him smiling and as if not contented with the kiss, he pecked at her again before releasing her.

 

 

 

 

“there.. good as new.” He smiled at her while she frowned at him.

 

 

 

 

 

“You can’t just kiss me anytime you want Kwon.” She warningly said.

 

 

 

“But you’re my wife and the kiss represents my apology.” He tried to joke. “If you do something bad, then you can kiss me too.”

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, like that’s gonna happen.” She folded her arms and stared at the windows to avoid meeting his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

They stayed in awkward silence.

 

 

 

 

 

“Come on, that’s why I cook for you Dara. This is my sincere apology.” He pulled her to the dining room and smiled again, she can’t tell what is it but every time he does this, she felt at ease.

 

 

 

“I’ll let this slide because I’m hungry but if you ever pissed the out of me again, it’ll be hell to pay.” She warned him.

 

 

 

 

“Ohh, I’m scared but you wouldn’t kill your husband right? Not with this photo in my phone.” He showed her photo he took earlier and horror struck her.  “Yea, that’s right, I won’t upload this but you need to be a good girl Dara.” He smirked at her and swallowed and munched on his first bite. “Come on, eat, or we’ll be late for school.”

 

 

 

 

 


 

Hey, shout out to these cool and awesome people for upvoting this story: jekapellosis, jagiya0110, husna1998, yanie1986, Gingerz, luyvnez, eggpie, itinamarie,dada0926. 

 

Please keep on commenting, because your comments are much loved!! <3

Thanks everyone! Sarang haeyo!