Inevitable

Mask of Reversal

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe I’m related to you Dara.” Bom scorned and shook her head in disbelief. “Pabo-yah! How can you agree that fast? What happened to the ‘I hate this stupid idea’?”

 

 

 

 

 

“He caught me off guard Bom. I didn’t realize until I was… it happened so fast.” Dara desperately reasoned out.

 

 

“How can he not? You were practically shouting at him, saying your Sanadara Park and you know him. You were even mad for not recognizing you? How can forget you’re not wearing your usual clothes in school? How can you forget that tiny bit of detail.” Bom repeated the painful truth.

 

 

 

 

“I lost my temper the moment I saw him and I forgot all about my freaking façade in school. You know what he did to me Bom!”

 

 

 

 

“Stop reasoning out Dara, you’re beyond…” Bom looked at the ceiling and shut her eyes. “Now you have no choice, you agreed, you freaking agreed.”

 

 

 

 

 

“No need to repeat it Bom, I know what I did!” She sat at the bench in the comfort room and held both of her hands in her face. “Now, how do I get out of this? Can I just die tonight?”

 

 

 

 

 

“More like die of embarrassment, seriously, Jiyong has you in his hands now. He saw how nervous you were when he talked about your make up and clothes in school.  How about telling your dad about our school image? I mean, that’s the only way out since Jiyong cannot hold- ” 

 

 

 

 

“Over my dead body. I would marry Jiyong instead of telling it to him. Not the past. I can’t.” Dara feared. She doesn’t want to tell her dad what happened with Donghae and heck, she doesn’t want to relive what happened with them on her head. Even the thought of remembering his face was painful. She tried to hold back the tears in her eyes.

 

 

 

 

“I did this so I’m gonna handle the situation. If I need to marry him just to shut him up. Then I will.” Dara breathed heavily mustering up the courage to face her dad and Jiyong’s family again.

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know what to do with you anymore. It’s such a mess.”

 

 

 

“I know but it’s a mess I’ve created so I have to take care of it on my own Bom.”

 

 

 

 

 

“I wish I could help you with anything.” She pitied Dara.

 

 

 

 

“Just be there for me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom hugged her for a bit and ushered her to stand up. “If there’s any consolation, you two look good together so I bet you’ll have very good looking children.” She joked.

 

 

 

 

 

“Park Bom! That isn’t helping at all.” Bom laughed at her as she panic. “What? If you’re to be married, then you’ll have to sleep together and knowing uncle, he would be asking for a grandchild as soon as possible.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t talk nonsense, he may have a girlfriend or something then he’ll have an affair with her and…”

 

 

 

 

Bom scoffed, “But still you’ll be the wife and I doubt that’s even the case because he looks so mesmerized with you the moment we entered and he’s the one who made you agree on the marriage. If he doesn’t like you for one bit then, I don’t know what it’s called.”

 

 

 

 

 

She just sulked and frowned at Bom’s teasing but she knew her cousin is only helping her be at ease.

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you okay? Can we go back now?” Bom looked at her worriedly.

 

 

 

Dara nodded and smiled. She held Bom’s hand and went back to the room where her dad and the rest were enjoying their dessert.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was smiling up to his ears knowing he just won a battle he thought could never change.  He looked at the door to see if the girls are already back but they weren’t. He felt a little apologetic towards Dara, he doesn’t know her that much except the fact that they went to the same school and for the little interaction they had, she happened to already smashed his ego and the fact she has his dream girl under her mask. His dream girl and the nightmare girl rolled into one.  How can fate be so playful?

 

But he was also curious as to why Dara seems to hide herself under her mask in school. What could drive such a breathtaking girl to trash her face and wear abnormally hideous clothing? Not to mention she has her cousin, Park Bom, doing the same things? What happened to them?

 

 

“Yes Jiyong, you were saying?” He followed the voice and found Mr. Park looking at him.

 

 

 

“Ug..Ar..I’m sorry but what did I say?” Jiyong looked puzzled.

 

 

 

“You said, what happened to them?” He was surprised at the idea he was so deep in thought that he blurted out his thoughts.

 

 

 

“Oh…” He caught on, “I..I was just wondering what happened to Dara-shi and Bom-shi? They’ve been out for quite long.”

 

 

“Oh do understand son, girls need more time in the washroom than guys, it’s perfectly normal. Patience Jiyong, it’s not like she’s gonna run away.” His mother chuckled.

 

 

 

“Chano, who would’ve thought that it’ll be this easy making them agree? They even handled it on their own. I must say I’m certainly proud.”

 

 

 

“I guess it was the best decision to send them to this new school. It must’ve been fate.” They continued to happily chat.

 

 

 

‘Yeah,fate my ’ Jiyong thought inside. He sulked as he heard them talked about their plans for him and Dara.  His thoughts were only disrupted when the two finally showed up in the door.

 

 

 

 

 

Bom started, “We’re sorry we took some time, we’ll it’s kinda a lot to take in.”

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s fine, we understand.” Jiyong’s brother welcomed them brightly. She saw how Dara and Bom returned his brother’s smile and it felt nothing good to him. He looked again to Dara only to find her looking at him with anger in her eyes and he responded with the same look in his eyes. They continued their staring battle until the two girls are settled on their seats again.

 

 

 

 

“We were saying that we are so proud that you two handled this situation easily on your own. We thought we had to force you into this.” His mother commented with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

Dara forced to smile back, “Neh, it was surprising but I guess, it’s what you call instant attraction. Of all people in school, I would be engaged to the guy who made such memorable memories during our short stay in school.” Sarcasm can be traced in her words.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong smirked at her witty reply, “instant? So you were instantly attracted to me?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, I guess. You are fatally attractive.” She continued.

 

 

 

 

 

“We’ll I’m a person who’s what you see is what you get. I don’t like secrets and lies; I don’t hiding things so you won’t really find it hard to like me. Surely a girl like you can be...” Jiyong aired out. “equally attractive… so I’m glad you feel the same way.”

 

 

 

 

 

Glee could be heard from their parents as they converse on their own after hearing the exchange of words, oblivious of the tension building in the air between the two. He wore a smug look on his face that irritated Dara more. And she wasn’t hard to read as he tried to annoy her more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Please excuse me for a bit, I suddenly felt a little ‘black out’, I think I need some fresh air.” Jiyong stood up from his seat and winked at Dara before leaving the table which fumed the girl more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong walked his way out of the restaurant only to bumped to his friends outside.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung!” Seungri gleefully greeted him.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yo Ji!” the other four greeted him.

 

 

 

“hey..” He looked back at the restaurant nervously. “what are you guys doing here?” He directed them to the side of the restaurant.

 

 

 

 

 

“Woah, why are you hiding us? We want to see your fiancé Ji.” Daesung playfully .

 

 

 

 

“Yah Dae, you think Jiyong will agree to such kind of nonsense?” Taeyang remarked.
 

 

 

 

“Look guys, it’s not really a good time.” Jiyong gulped at them.

 

 

 

 

“Why are you so nervous hyung? Is she pretty?” Seungri insisted on asking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“YAH! KWON JIYONG!” Someone shouted behind his back. He gulped knowing the owner of the voice. He closed his eyes in frustration as he saw his friends struggling to get a view of the person who shouted.

 

 

 

 

 

“YOU JERK, YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST MAKE FUN OF ME AFTER I AGREED TO MARRY YOU!! HOW DARE YO---” Dara stopped at her words as she realized that Jiyong was not alone and her horror increased more as she realized it was Jiyong’s friends from school. Her eyes almost bulged out of its socket as she remember the words she just said.

 

 

 

 

“Is she your fiancé hyung? Wow, she’s really pretty.”

 

 

“You agreed on marrying her?”

 

 

“Who is she?”

 

 

“She looks familiar, have we seen you?”

 

 

 

 

 

Dara fidgeted in her position as she plead Jiyong for help using her eyes. Jiyong was also thinking hard of a way out of this, he wasn’t planning on telling his friends this early about Dara. He tried to find words but there’s no way he can escape it especially not that Dara just blurted out that they are indeed engaged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And if it can get worst,

“Yah Sandara Park! Yah Kwon Jiyong! Stop fooling around already!”  Park Bom shouted from behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sandara Park?!” the four shouted in unison with shocked expression.