Arrivals

The Female Casanova

SO EUL'S POV

 

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

            I sat in front of my father while he was typing something into his laptop. Apparently, he needed me for a new business project and he called me to go to his office.

            Normally, I won’t go to him, but if it was business, we are professionals. In thus field, we aren’t father and daughter, but businessman and businesswoman.

            “We need to achieve a contract with this new fashion designer for our clothing line here,” my father said, taking a bundle of paper and reading it. “Since we are known to have a classy reputation in fashion, I figure we let two people work for it here.”

            I nodded, taking note of his words.

            Yup, since my mother is a supermodel-fashion designer, our company also has a clothing line. She’s actually a famous supermodel-fashion designer.

            “Your sister is one of the most famous fashion designers here and internationally,” he started. He was writing something. “So I thought that she and this new designer might want to collaborate for this season. After that, maybe I’ll send her to the Kim Corporation for their clothing line too. What do you think?”

            “Where is her portfolio?”

            He handed it to me and I took a look. The designs were good. I nodded. “I’ll inform Yoon Na about this.” I stood up and carried the portfolio.

            “One more thing,” he said. I looked at him. “Cancel your schedules tonight. Kim Jong In and you are going to a banquet tonight at 9 PM; you’ll be meeting the new designer. The girl is already informed, so all you need to do is look for her.”

            “What’s her name?” I asked.

            “Kang Ye Joon”

             ------

 

            I was working in the fashion department in preparation for the new models and designs. I made sure that the office of Kang Ye Joon would be presentable and decent.

            Normally, my mom would do this, but she’s also busy.

            Yoon Na should probably be here. I went to her office and knocked. “Yoon Na?”

            I heard a muffle of voices. “Hmm…?” I heard from her door.

            “Yoon Na?” I knocked again. “It’s me, are you busy? Can I come in?”

            “Hmmm..” I heard her say again. Seriously, what’s inside? I didn’t come in, I know she’d hate it. “Hmm… ah, wait a minute unnie!” I heard her say.

            She must be with her boyfriend right now…

            And my suspicions were answered when she opened the door. He hair was lightly disarranged and her lipstick was smudged.

            Her clothes were fine though, so I guess it was okay.

            I raised an eyebrow. “You are with your boyfriend?”

            Her red face answered my question. “H-h-how did you know?”

            I smiled as I went my way in her office; there was no sign of a visitor here. The window was wide open though.

            “Your lipstick,” I said. “It’s smudged.”

            Her eyes widened and closed the door. She went towards her table.

            “Where is he then?” I asked. Suddenly I felt something ruffle on my back. Yoon Na’s eyes grew bigger as she looked behind me. I looked behind me and saw a man’s back. He had ruffled hair and a long black coat that had a small letter ‘P’ on the upper left side. It was kind of small, but when up close, it was visible.

            But I noticed, the man was running. He quickly ran away. “Wait!” I said, but he was already out of the office.

            I turned to look at Yoon Na, who was shocked. Wait, is he her boyfriend? The one who just ran away? I didn’t even notice what he looks like. “Is he…your boyfriend?”

            Yoon Na went to the door and closed it. She sighed. “Not really. I’ll introduce him someday, when it’s all clear.”

            She went to her table and sat down. She put on her glasses and opened her tab. I went to a chair facing her table and brought out Kang Ye Joon’s portfolio.

            “Is that the portfolio of the designer I’ll be working with?” she asked.

            I nodded. “Yup, she will be, for this season. After that, she’ll be sent to the Kim’s for work. Don’t worry.”

            She smiled at me and took the portfolio. She flipped the pages. “Impressive,” she said. “Her designs are good.”

            I smiled. “So, I guess you’ll be comfortable around her?”

            “We are professionals,” she smiled at me. “I’ll be fine.”

            I stood up. “I’ll leave that to you, then.” I said. “Don’t wait for me tonight, okay? I’m going to a party tonight with Kim Jong In.”

            “Oh, unnie, why are you so formal?” she laughed. “By the way, what’s the girl’s name?”

            “Kang Ye Joon,” I said.

            Yoon Na’s eyes widened and she furrowed her eyebrows. She looked at me. “Tonight, at that party, protect Kai, okay?”

            “How do you know Kai? Why should I?” I asked. Why is she telling me this? Is her boyfriend…Kai?

            “Unnie,” she smiled. “It’s a secret; trust me on this, okay?”

            I sighed and nodded.

--------

            When night time came, I dressed into a glossy violet tube gown and put my hair into a pony tail that was directed to the right side. I curled my hair and put on simple inch-long diamond earrings and a matching necklace.

            The moment I stepped out of my car, Kai appeared beside me and took my hand. He was actually handsome tonight. Classic outfit with his hair neatly and coolly swept up.

            But among that, his scent was what got me. It was masculine and gentle at the same time. It was-

            STAY. FOCUSED. NO. BOYS.

            We went to crowds and waved, gave a little chat, and exchanged formalities.

            The cause of this banquet was to celebrate a company’s success. Well, I didn’t pay attention to any of it.

            Most of the time, Kai and I were just silent.

            Both of us went to the food when there wasn’t anyone there.

            I sighed. Finally, a place where I can breathe. Being with many people is also tiring.

            “Tired?” Kai suddenly asked me. “We still have that meeting. With…the designer. Don’t know her name though.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Not tired at all,” I answered coldly.

            I seriously regret what happened between us last week. I hated it. I seemed weak and vulnerable.

            “Just last week, you were all adorable,” he said teasingly. “Now, you’re cold again.”

            I glared at him. I was about to say a comeback when I heard my name.

            “Lee So Eul-sshi?”

            I turned around and saw a lady with blonde hair that was put into a classic bun, her earrings were really big, and her dress, was a V-neck that went really deep. Her lipstick was all red and her make-up was thick.

            She was beautiful, if her make-up wasn’t too much.

            If what I suspect is right..she’s…

            Kai turned around and her body stiffened. His eyes widened. “Kang. Ye. Joon.” He said in a serious tone.

            “Tonight, at that party, protect Kai, okay?” Yoon Na’s voice echoed in my mind.

            Kai suddenly grabbed my hand and led me out of the room through the back door. I can tell he was shocked, but Kai was trembling too.

            Just what is happening?

            “Wait!” Someone said from behind us.

            Both of us stopped walking and turned around. Kang Ye Joon followed us.

            “Jong In,” she said in a somewhat seductive tone.

            I got annoyed at this. What’s her relationship with him?

            I was about to speak when Kai cut me off. “Get lost.” He said in a deadly tone.

            Ye Joon laughed. Kai looked at me and shook his head. I get it, he told me not to interfere.

            “Still didn’t get over me?” Ye Joon asked in a provocative manner.

            What’s this? Has she no respect? If they had a past, they should talk together, privately. Not like this, Kai is with me, why is she asking this now? It’s not proper.

            My chest tightened. They had a past?

            WHAT.

            “So Eul,” Kai said. “Let’s go.” he said and took my hand. He didn’t drag me, instead he intertwined it.

            “I guess, that’s a yes?”

            Kai glared at Ye Joon.

            But Ye Joon only smirked. Why can’t I do anything? If I act mindlessly and turn 180 degrees and be Victoria, I’ll be doomed. But the atmosphere here wasn’t good.

            And Kai clearly said that I shouldn’t interfere.

            “I bet,” Ye Joon taunted. “The only skinship you can manage is to hold a hand? You were really addicted to me back then. I don’t even think you can kiss anyone.”

            I felt Kai getting pissed off at what she said.

            And what happened next surprised me, and at the same time, pissed me off.

            Why? Because Kai turned me around, pulled my waist and bent me down.

            And then, my lips met his lips.

 

And I unconditionally responded to this kiss.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

helloo hellloooo hellloooooo~~~ another update :)

let's spice this up, shall we? Kang Ye Joon is here! 

what do you guys think of this chapter? let me know!

thanks for the subscribes!~ :)

don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^

thank you for reading :)