The Pain

A REVENGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

 

“Y…Yong Oppa?”

 

“Hello Hyun.” 

 

 

Seohyun’s first instinct was to slam the door shut and hide. Yonghwa sensing this immediately put his hand against the door, preventing it from being closed.

 

“Hyun, can we talk?” When Seohyun made no response, Yonghwa pleaded, “Won’t you at least let me in?”

 

Seohyun resigned herself to dealing with Yonghwa at the moment. Silently, she opened the door wider and gestured for him to enter. They headed to the sparsely furnished living room. Yonghwa looked around and noticed the big difference between this place andSeohyun’s old apartment. Whereas the old place was warm and welcoming, in contrast, this one didn’t have any of Seohyun’s personal touches. It was as if she didn’t plan on staying here for long.

 

“How did you find me?” Seohyun asked when Yonghwa made no effort to start a conversation.

 

“I hired a private detective.” Yonghwa couldn’t take his eyes off his wife. He sat there, not blinking, afraid that Seohyun might disappear again.

 

“The same one that you used to find out about my brother and me?”Seohyun asked sarcastically. Then, she started worrying, ‘Does he know about the baby? Is that why he’s here?’

 

“Hyun, I know what I did was wrong and I have no excuse. Please give me another chance, please let me explain?” Yonghwa said earnestly.

 

“What are you doing with that?!” Seohyun demanded sharply, while looking at the necklace on Yonghwa’s neck.

Yonghwa lovingly touched the treasured necklace, the one that made him feel closer to Seohyun, “I found it amongst your things. I noticed my name on the box and…”

 

“Give it back.”

 

“W…What?”Yonghwa asked in confusion.

 

“I said, give it back. That necklace was meant for a man whom I married because I thought he loved me. You don’t deserve it.” Seohyun said bitterly, as tears trickled down her face.

 

Yonghwa was devastated. He instinctively held onto his necklace. Then wordlessly, he slowly removed the necklace and started to hand it back to Seohyun. Just when Seohyun’s fingers started to grab the necklace, Yonghwa stopped her motion with his hands, “Hyun, give me a chance to show you how much I love you. I swear to you, someday you will willingly give me the necklace again.”

 

Seohyun pulled back her hand as if a snake bit her. She wanted so badly to believe what Yonghwa was telling her, she really wanted to be held by him again, but she knows better now. An alarm clock went off somewhere in the house making Seohyun stand up and said, “There’s nothing more to talk about. If you have any ounce of pity left in you, you’d go and leave me alone.” and she started to walk towards her bedroom to turn off the Mickey Mouse alarm. She heard the front door open and close. She stopped for a moment and leaned against the wall as tremors went through her body.

 

She came back out, heading towards the kitchen and poured herself a glass of orange juice. Just as she popped some pills in , the door opened again.

 

Yonghwa stood there with his suitcase. He saw Seohyun taking the pills and hurried towards her, “What’s wrong? Why are you taking medication? Is it the baby?” He asked worriedly, as he held her by the shoulder.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?! I never invited you to spend any time here!” A pissed off Seohyun retorted.

Yonghwa ignored her questions. This was too much for him to take. Is she sick? She looked a little pale but he thought that was normal considering she was pregnant and shocked after seeing him.

 

He lifted her in his arm, took her to the bedroom and laid her on the bed. Then, he pulled out his cell phone, “What’s your doctor’s phone number?”

 

Seohyun was still trying to reconcile what had happened. One minute she was in the kitchen and then, she’s lying in bed, “What are you doing?” She tried to sit up.

 

An upset Yonghwa immediately made her lie down again, “You’re sick, you shouldn’t be out of bed!” He commanded.

 

“First of all, mister, I’M NOT SICK! Those were vitamins I was taking. Second, what are you doing back in my apartment with your suitcase? and third, who told you about the baby?”

 

A sheepish looking Yonghwa said, “Those were vitamins? Ummm…sorry.” Then, he gave an apologetic grin.

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes, ‘What’s wrong with him?’ Then, she said, “You still haven’t answered my questions.”

 

Yonghwa sat on the bed and held Seohyun’s hand. She immediately pulled it back. He sighed and then said, “I’m staying here and never letting you out of my sight until I convinced you that we belong together. Of course, it would be better if we could go back home and have the best doctors looking after you. Your choice.”Yonghwa smiled tenderly.

 

All Seohyun wanted to do at that moment was smack his head, ‘How dare he presume that he can stay here?’

 

“The detective agency I hired found out about the baby. You have no idea how worried I was thinking about you being pregnant and alone.” Yonghwa continued.

 

Seohyun gritted her teeth, ‘As if I would fall for that? He didn’t even want to consider having a baby.’

 

It was most certainly a disadvantage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter