The Secret

A REVENGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

Yonghwa immediately sat up when Seohyun mentioned her brother. He felt hatred welling up in him. He had ruthlessly pursued Seohyun to make her half-brother Jiyong suffer as much as he did but that was no longer an option. He didn’t want Seohyun to be involved with what her brother did. He had gotten to know Seohyun really well over the weeks they’ve been together. From what he had gathered, Seohyun had distanced herself from Jiyong because she didn’t approve of his philandering ways. She left all the comfort and luxury of home to live her own life. Although, Jiyong had tried to keep in touch because he does sincerely love his sister, she had steadily refused to have anything to do with him.

 

Yonghwa had tried to convince himself that he was still in this for revenge but he can’t fight himself anymore; he had ended up falling for his enemy’s sister. Her beauty, her innocence, her spirit, her compassion, everything about her he loves. He had been stressed, thinking of ways to let her off gently, not wanting to inflict any more damage. He knew that she was in love with him. Hell, he made sure that she would fall for him.

 

“What’s wrong Yong Oppa?” Seohyun suddenly felt cold and vulnerable.

 

“I’m sorry. I need to make an important phone call to China.” Yonghwa said, and he gently wrapped the blanket around Seohyun, “Go to sleep. I’ll be right back.”

 

Yonghwa was pacing back and forth in the living room, “What do I do now? I can’t leave her, not now. What will her brother do when he finds out who I am?” Yonghwa agonized. He never meant for things to get this far but that near accident really shook him and made him realize how much Seohyun meant to him, “What do I do?” He didn’t want to lose Seohyun. He had to do something quick before Jiyong gets back from ia.

 

He must find a way to keep Seohyun with him and deal with Jiyong later. Yonghwa had made up his mind. He silently opened the bedroom door, not wanting to wake Seohyun up in case she was sleeping.

 

“Oppa?!”Seohyun softly called out, “Did you make your phone call?! Is everything okay?!”

 

“You should be resting.” Yonghwa said gently, as he sat on the bed, “You’ve been working too hard.”

 

Seohyun grinned, “We’ve been through this a million times, I have to work hard to pay my bills.”

 

“Marry me. I’ll take care of everything. You never have to work again, for the rest of your life.” Yonghwa raised Seohyun’s hand and kissed it.

 

“W…What?”

 

“Say you’ll marry me.” Yonghwa was starting to get nervous.

 

Seohyun didn’t know how to respond. She hugged Yonghwaand felt his heart pounding furiously. That settled everything for her.

 

“Yes.”

 

Yonghwa grabbed her and gave her a big kiss, “Come on, get dressed.”

 

“Where are we going?” Seohyun laughed.

 

“We are going to Las Vegas right now and get married.”

 

“WHAT?! Are you crazy? I have to tell my brother. I have to get packed. I have to work tomorrow. Vegas is far away.” Seohyun thought that this was a dream.

 

“I’m not crazy. We can tell your brother later. No need to packed, we’ll buy everything we need there. I’ll send someone to cover you for both your jobs tomorrow and Vegas is only a couple of hours away from us if we take my private jet.” Yonghwa finally managed to convince Seohyunand off they went to Las Vegas to get married.

 

~

 

“And I now pronounce you man and wife.” The minister said.

 

Seohyun was glowing with happiness. She still can’t believe that Yonghwaandher were married. Something nagged her at the back of her mind, ‘He never even said he loved me.’

 

~

 

“I still can’t believe we’re married.” Seohyun said laughingly, while looking at their marriage certificate, “I’m married to Jung Yonghwa.” She thought and then, it dawned on her, ‘Jung Yonghwa? Yonghwa.’ She said as her eyes got bigger, "Are you The Jung Yonghwa?”

 

Yonghwa grinned and said, “And what exactly did you mean by ‘The’?”

 

Seohyun took a good look at her new husband, “Are you the owner of Jung Gambit Corporation?”

 

“Oh, you mean that.” Yonghwa’s smile got even wider, “As a matter of fact, yes, I do own Gambit.”

 

‘Imagine that.’ He thought to himself, ‘All those girls want to get me because I’m rich and I ended up marrying someone who doesn’t even know my reputation in the business world.’

 

“Oh my gosh.” Was all Seohyun could say. There certainly were a lot of things she still doesn’t know about her husband but who hasn’t heard of the Jung Gambit Corporation. It was one of those little computer companies that had a new concept on games and now, everyone buys their products, ‘And my Yong Oppa was the one who started it.’ Seohyun was now looking at Yonghwa with awe.

 

“Hyun?” Yonghwa said, “Does it make any difference?” He was starting to get uncomfortable with the way Seohyun was looking at him.

 

“Wow.” Was all Seohyun could manage as she tried to digests all these information, “Besides, dealing with the shock of finding out that I’m married to a billionaire, is there anything else I should know about you?” She as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter