THE OTHER ENDING

A REVENGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A REVENGE

THE OTHER ENDING

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The baby turned five months old today. Seohyun smiled as she looked at their daughter. She marveled at the fact that the baby is the exact replica of her husband, almost like they were made from the same mold.

 

“Are you going to be as sweet as your daddy when you grow up?” She cooed to her daughter. Her husband, in her opinion, was probably the most doting father there was in the history. Speaking of Yonghwa, today is his birthday and she had a great surprise plan for him. She grinned as she imagined the look on his face when he sees it.

 

The phone rang and Seohyun answered it, thinking that it was Yonghwa.

 

“Hello.” She said happily.

 

“Hi Hyun, expecting someone else?!” Jiyong teased.

 

“Jiyong Oppa! Where are you?!” Seohyun scolded her brother.

 

“Listen Hyun, I want too…” Jiyong started talking but Seohyun interrupted him.

 

“I want to talk to you in person.”

 

She wrote a note for Yonghwa, got the baby and left.

 

~

 

Yonghwa came home early that day. Today was their daughter’s five-month birthday. He had bought Haru a remote-controled flying fish and some dolphin stuff toys. He also bought a beautiful lab created white sapphire heart pendant and more flowers for Seohyun. He was whistling as he went straight to the nursery but the baby wasn’t there. He frowned but his face cleared up as he thought that the baby was probably with Seohyun in their room. Even better, the two love of his life in one place. He grinned as he walked into the bedroom but it was empty. He spotted a note on the bedside table.

 

Yonghwa Oppa,

Went to talk with Jiyong Oppa. Have to go.

<3 Hyun

 

Yonghwa frowned as he reread the ambiguous note. He dropped everythting on the bed and immediately dialed Seohyun’s number. Mr. Mr., from Girls’ Generation, ringtone sounded somewhere in the bedroom.

 

“Damn, she left her phone!” Then the agitated Yonghwa read the note again. This time he dialed Jiyong’s number.

 

~

 

“Hello.”Jiyong answered; somewhere in the background, Seohyun and the baby’s voice were noticeable to Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa was relieved when he heard them.  “Jiyong, can I talk to Hyun?”

 

He heard more voices and Jiyong came back with, “ She doesn’t want to talk to you.” And hang up.

 

Yonghwa stared blankly at the phone and redialed Jiyong’s number but no one answered. After several more tries, he finally gave up.

 

What was going on here? Yonghwa read the note again. Was Seohyun upset with him? Was that why she didn’t want to talk to him? All of a sudden, he thought about what Jiyong had said before.

 

“Yonghwa, have you told Seohyun the truth about what happened with Taeng?”

 

Was that what Seohyun referring to? If so then…

 

Yonghwa forced himself to calm down. He looked at his bulova precisionist champlain collection in stainless steel with blue dial watch. “They should be home in an hour or so.” He said to himself.

 

“Just take it easy, don’t jump to conclusions. Hyun and Haru should be home soon.” He reassured himself.

 

Eight hours later, still no Seohyun or the baby and Yonghwa had increasingly gotten more frantic. He had been walking back and forth between the window that faces the driveway and the bedside phone. It was getting dark and still no word. Finally, he just lost it. He grabbed the phone and hurled it against the wall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun got home really late that evening.

 

“Oppa is going to kill me. Stupid traffic! This is going to ruin my birthday present to Oppa.”

 

Seohyun spotted the maid and asked, “Has Yonghwa had dinner yet?”

 

The maid gave Seohyun a strange look and said, “No, Ma’am.”

 

Seohyun thought that the maid looked scared but shrugged it off, “Where is he?”

 

“In the bedroom.” The maid answered.

 

 

 

Seohyun placed the sleeping Haru in her crib an then went to their bedroom. She prepared herself for meeting  an upset Yonghwa but what she saw shocked her to the core. Broken furniture and glasses were everywhere. Then she noticed the strong smell of liquor. Her brows wrinkled in confusion.

 

A gtoaning sound from the bed got her attention.

 

“Oh no, Oppa!” She quickly went to check on him. A very drunk Yonghwa was lying on his stomach, cradling an empty bottle of brandy.

 

“Opp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter