Weekend Plans

Generation Next


Week slowly passed ,with the kids getting adjusted to school activities and sparing some time for their group activities and bonding.

Soon, it was Friday evening and kids were back from school.Now they are again at the living room of leeteuk and kangin.
The discussion started on weekend plans. Leeteuk suggested that the elders had a concert on Sunday and so they would have to practice on Saturday so elders can’t join them for that weekend. All the kids wore disappointed faces and hung their head low in defeat.

Kangin saw their faces and wanted to cheer them up and so he said,
“That’s okay, We might not be able to join you but it means you kids have freedom from your umma’s whining’s and Appa’s nagging’s. Enjoy your freedom for this weekend kids.. Come on, Let your creativity show its strength. Try to come up with some interesting ideas on how different you guys can spend this weekend and enjoy it to its extent”.

This made the boys to get on their spirits and Si yoon immediately sprunted up,
"Why can’t we have competitions over games. Boys and girls can team up and game against each other ?”

Everyone rolled their eyes. Kangin shook his head and leeteuk let out a sigh..
”Si yoon , you can’t simply waste your weekend like that ..its two days and you simply want to stay at home and keep on gaming ? everyone here knows that you are good at gaming so you do not have proven that to us again. Come on think something, which will help all of you can have fun”

“How about shopping then?” asked Kate. Leeteuk let out a sigh.
“Seriously you girls can’t stop thinking about girly stuff and shopping” Leeteuk thought to himself shooking his head and opened his mouth to say something.

But Si Yoon responded fast “As if it is any better than my idea.. You girls never think of anything other than shopping.. Seriously how many times do you go out for shopping and buy unnecessary stuff. Your wardrobe is already full with clothes and accessories , what else do you want to buy this time? Seriously, your wish list for shopping never ends . Isn’t it?“ He mocked kate.

”You, what do you think of us? Us, Girls have to be up to date with fashion so it is mandatory that we go shopping every now and then so that we can understand trends and update our wardrobes accordingly.. Just like someone who keeps himself updated on all new gaming trends and devices” She countered Si yoon and they started glaring contest with their eyes.

Before their bickering ends up in a fight, Kangin quickly interrupted them by coughing. Hearing his cough, both of them let go of their glaring and made a “Tcch” sound and turned their backs to each other { A/N: And Si yoon said that he and Kate are not childish }.

“Okay, any other ideas?” asked kangin.

“How about we accompany you to the concert? We can see your practice and I am sure we can learn a lot ?” Lee shin came forward to kangin and sat beside him on the arm of the coach.

“Hmm, Even though it sounds fun and interesting , You all will eventually get bored watching things over at practice because you just have to sit and watch and do nothing. And it would be difficult for the staff to watch over additional people at concert and provide security. Also, we have already tried it onetime and got serious threats and warnings from Mr. Lee sooman and several others. Don’t you remember the mess you people created last time?” Leeteuk looked accusingly towards the kids and they just nodded their heads in agreement.

“How about going for camping ?” suggested Hyun woo , some of the kids perked up at the idea.

“So you guys want to ditch us and go camping alone without safety? Want to face heenim?” asked kangin. Again the kids shook their heads in agreement.

“How about organizing a party and invite our friends at school over here . I want to show my room to our unnies at school?” asked Ji hye with her cute face with a lot of hope in her eyes.
Leeteuk couldn’t resist her, he was about to give in , when Si yoon answered,

“Hmm … Again security issues baby princess. So NO” si yoon pinched her cheeks.

Kangin and leeteuck sighed in relief else they would have end up melting up and nodding their heads.

“It seems we can’t get any ideas out of our heads.. You elders can suggest something right?” asked Joo eun looking at leeteuk and kangin.

They thought for a minute then kangin spoke ,

“why don’t you use your weekend for cleaning ? like clean up the dorms, washing your cars, gardening or cooking together? It would be fun if you do it all together? We used to do it when we were all at our dorms … “ Asked kangin to the kids.
Some of them agreed but some of them didn’t like the idea , mostly the divas. They disliked the idea because they do not want to spoil their nails which were recently manicured and some of them rejected because they were lazy like Siyoon. so they had to let go off this idea too.
Soon it was time for dinner and they parted their ways concluding that the kids will discuss with their respective parents and come up with some more ideas and finalize among them during their time after dinner at tree house.

After dinner, The kids again met up at the tree house.
Yoon joo started the discussion,

“So , Does everyone discuss things with their parents and have got some ideas? My parents didn’t get me any. “ she pouted and then looked at Hae young,

“How about you? Got any?”

“Yeah, I discussed with my parents, Yesung appa suggested If we could paint this tree house together and wookie appa suggested if we could try some cooking and arrange some kind of house warming function ?” he looked at other boys.
They all got into thinking for some time then Lee shin replied ,

“I liked the idea, it’s like how the F4 painted guem jandi’s house in that serial Boys over flowers right? . I think it’s fun trying it.”

“So you basically mean that you want to paint the tree house and leave cooking for the others? “ Si yoon smirked looking at Lee shin.

“Yeah because I don’t know cooking” answered Lee shin nodding his head innocently.

“Now that I think of it, none of the boys here know cooking except Hae young . I think Ji hoon can help a bit but he can’t cook … So It leaves painting house to boys and cooking to girls” said Hyun woo.

“So you are implying that girls should do all the cooking and arranging here and there which is quite boring while YOU guys will have all the fun painting the room and make it look like as you people wish? I strongly object this idea, Where is the fun for us here ?” Kate quickly changed to her DIVA mode.

Joo eun too supported her saying “ If you see clearly , Me and Ji Hye, are of hardly any help to the people in cooking because we don’t know much, which means Yoon jee unni, Kate and Hae ri would have to be at the kitchen all the time. When would they have fun?”

“And if we let you girls to paint , she will paint everything PINK and I HATE PINK, so I am not going to allow her to have a say in painting this tree house” Si yoon stood in front of Kate pointing his finger at her.

“Oh yeah, what about you? What do you, "A GAME FREAK" know anything on how to choose colors and paint a house? How can YOU can have a say then?" Kate too stood on her legs staring back at Si yoon.

If only looks could kill, They both might have dead already, by the way they were furiously fighting with their eyes.

“You, You called me a game freak? Then what are you? y Diva ?” Si yoon simply cannot back down.

“You called me y diva. How dare you? “ Kate folded her fist and was about to hit him when Yoon joo and Joo eun pulled her back and held her arms to stop her.

“Oh I am scared… someone please save me from this diva please.. I am shivering in fear” Si yoon made a dramatic voice and acted as if he was shivering and then smirked at Kate mocking her.

Hae young and Leeshin came to him and pulled him back “ stop it Si yoon, you are unnecessarily pulling up a fight now.” Lee shin smacked him at his head.

“I won’t leave you freak, you called me names twice.. I am going to get my revenge , watch out and be alert. Let’s see if you can sleep today “ Kate yelled back at siy oon who just smirked “I will wait for that dear .. I am up for the DARE".

“Okay guys cool down, It was just one idea from Hae young , we still haven’t decided anything. Let’s continue and see if other’s have any ideas which we can pick . okay? How about you Lee shin?” Yoon joo looked at Leeshin, who was beside Si yoon holding onto his arms to keep him seated in his place.

“Hmm, Hae umma suggested if we can watch movies over tree house and eunhyuk appa suggested if we could choreograph a song ourselves and show them what our group has got. I like appa's idea.” Lee shin said looking at others to hear their feedback.

“I think having choreographing a song ourselves seems fun , some of us can take over dancing, some singing, some music, some accessories etc., so everyone would be busy on Saturday over preparations and we can finish up filming our performance on Sunday and let the elders see it when they are back on Monday?” Yoon joo said thinking and analyzing things.

“I think it’s a cool idea . This way we could video our performance and make it a surprise to the elders.” Hae young too agreed .

The boys and girls took some time to think and decided that its good idea but they wanted to see if there are any others before finalizing what they are gonna do this weekend.

“How about you Hyun woo” Hae young asked.

“I discussed with my parents but you are not gonna like the idea so I think I will pass it for this time..”

“No no , what’s wrong in sharing the idea.. Let’s see what other’s think of the idea” Yoon joo suggested smiling encouragingly at him.

“Uhhmm ,,, hmm… “ Hyun woo seemed hesitated to start.

“From you hesitation, I guess, it’s an idea from siwon appa and if that is the case then he might have suggested to have us attend prayers at church . Isn’t it ? Si yoon asked Hyun woo.

Hyun woo looked up shocked and said hunging his head low, “ How could you get it ? It was the exact idea from wonie appa”.

Everyone went quiet because they do not know how to respond to it.
Finally Hae young spoke up” I think we should move on, what about you Si yoon?”

“Oh me, My parents too think if we could have some bonding time by watching movies and hanging around in tree house, pretty much like Hae appa’s idea”.

“Okay, what about you Ji hoon?” asked Yoon joo.

“Appa suggested if we could have some dance battle kind of thing between us for fun and winning team might get to have a say on next weekend’s plans” .

Lee shin immediately responded, “I like this idea, dancing battle seems cool” .
He had huge smile full of happiness and excitement that he couldn’t hide.

“I like the idea too because we can see Lee shin dancing. He’s pretty good at it” Said Joo eun dreamily.
She went into her fan girl mode and was dreaming of him dancing handsomely. Other girls rolled their eyes and Kate was the one to counter attack

“If you want to see Lee shin oppa dancing, you can ask him to dance for you .. he is not gonna reject . Pcch. We all know, he’s good at dancing so what’s the point of having a dance battle ?”
Joo eun just pouted and Lee shin stopped laughing looking at her. He thought she was cute.

“Okay moving on, How about you Kate? “ Yoon joo asked her.

”You know HEENIM, so do you really want to hear his ideas?” She asked teasingly at the boys.

The boys understood the situation and they shook their heads.

”Oh come on, It can’t be that bad, let’s hear the idea” Yoon joo encouraged boys.

“Yoon joo, Don’t you remember the time, when we were still kids and accidently slipped some drink over his newly brought white coach, He made all of you girls to wash the coach and WE boys had to polish all the SUJU and SHINEE members shoes and made us all look after heebum for a week, bathing , feeding the cat and.. It was horrible memory. I don’t even want to remember it” Hyun woo spoke scrunching his nose in annoyance

“That was because we made a mistake. Now, it’s for fun let’s see what was the idea Hyunwoo “ said Ji Hye.
He couldn’t say no by then and then silently nodded his head.

“Okay as you wish, His idea was to have cross dressing. We girls will dress up as boys and boys will have to dress up as girls . But the outfits will be selected based on truth or dare. Means, we will play “spin the battle” and the ones to dare might have to dance for the song which is chosen randomly by chullie umma's player and would have to choose outfits from heenim's “PLAY HOUSE” collection which fit the song. And let me tell you , out of all the collections that heenim has, the PLAY HOUSE is the weird and scary one and we can forget our pride if we were to wear anything from it and to add to it, the player itself has weird songs.”

Everyone froze hearing the idea from Kate and she smirked triumphantly at their shocked faces.

“I told you to pass this one but you insisted. Okay let’s move on. I can completely understand as on why we don’t even have to consider this idea. What about you Joo eun?”

“Onew appa suggested if we all could compose a song and sing it ourselves and key appa suggested if we could dress up others and give them a makeover such that they turn different from routine and look stunning.”

“I quite like the idea of key uncle here” Kate said nodding her head in agreement.

"I don’t want to have my hair dyed with PINK color” Kate protested.

“Oh come on, Don’t start again “ Lee shin covered Si yoon’s mouth and said “We can move on to our baby princess Ji Hye”.

Ji Hye blinked her eyes cutely.

“Henry appa suggested to play games inside our campus like truth or dare . He said it would be fun unrevealing things we don’t know about others. How about you Haeri unni” She asked Haeri.

“Minho appa suggested if we could have some quiz like competitions to see how much each of us know over different topics like music, dance, literature. History etc. But me and Taeminnie appa didn’t like the idea. It’s like studying over the weekend too” She pouted cutely .

“Well, That ends up our discussion now let’s vote for each of the ideas and see which idea gets majority of votes and we will go with it for this weekend . okay? Everyone agrees for this?” Hae young asked looking around the group. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

But Lee shin suddenly stood up and said “ hey now that I think about all our ideas , I think we can combine all of them right?”
He beamed at everyone. None of them understood his point but Hae young got the hook of it. He patted Lee shin’s shoulder “ Good one Bro, I agree”, they both shook their hands and did a high-five.

“Err , could you explain guys?” asked Yoon joo.

“Well okay, Let me put his thoughts in words. To be precise, it’s just summing up all our ideas” He was about to continue when Si yoon stood up and said “

"Woah Bro, amazing” he started bouncing, ” I will be the photographer for the day , finally my knowledge on electronic things is going to be put to use” .

Others looked at him as if he has gone insane.

“Well, ignore him for a bit. The idea is that - We would cover our performance as a surprise for elders. But We will compose the song, choreograph it to look like we are having a dance battle, Edit and add some scenes in the video where we appear like we chill out at our tree house. We will make the video with some clips showing us painting the tree house, cooking, celebrating house warming, watching movies, washing cars, gardening and we could use the special outfits to make some funny comical scenes in the video. We could have make over for some of us for the music video so that everyone of us looks like idol. This pretty much covered all the elder’s ideas including HEENIM’s “ Hae young finished his explanation and was smiling broadly .

All the kids awed at the idea and they instantly agreed to be their weekend activity.
Yoon joo came up with a sheet to organize things and sequences so that they could do pretty much everything by this weekend.
They agreed to have the preparations for the music video shooting and some indoor clips filming on Saturday and have the actual song/dance filming on Sunday .
Here is the list of items .
1) Painting tree house - Hyun woo
2) Choosing outfits - Kate
3) Make overs - Hae ri
4) Composing song - Joo eun
5) Choreographing dance - Lee shin
6) Music composition- Ji hoon
7) Video coverage - Si yoon
8) Cooking stuff –Hae young, Kate and Yoon joo.
9) Arranging stuff – Yoon joo and Hyun woo.
10) Editing Video with clips - Ji Hye

With the work items assignment being done, the kids went off to their rooms agreeing that they all will meet up at the same tree house early in the morning because they have a long day to go.

 

=====================================================================

Author’s Note: “End of chapter -2 “ ….
Another chapter done.
What do you think about this chapter? Is it fun to read along? I hope I am improving a bit. See ya soon in next chapter.