Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Genre: Fluff

Rating: G

Word Count: 1k

 

The familiar squeak of rusty hinges greeted Luhan’s ears as he eased Sehun's bedroom door open, just enough to peek through and catch sight of a mound of blankets lying motionless on the large bed in the corner. Luhan sighed and shook his head, a small smile forming on his lips; He should have known that his sloth of a boyfriend would still be fast asleep by noon on a Saturday. He slipped through the small opening, closing the door softly behind him, and padded his way over to the bed.

The blinds of the window were shut, but the intense afternoon rays streamed through the thin cracks and illuminated the bedroom in a striped pattern, creating a pleasantly warm atmosphere. From beneath a particularly sizeable comforter, a mop of visibly soft, obnoxiously bright blonde hair was frayed out into view. Luhan couldn’t stop himself from reaching out and carefully running his fingers through the untidy locks, moving them into the light where they shined prettily. He then moved his hand to gently tug the blanket away, revealing a stunningly pale, lightly freckled face.

Sehun slept soundly, a peaceful expression on his face. 

Even from the very first time that he laid eyes upon him, Luhan believed that Sehun was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

 

 

It was during the Daeboreum Festival that they first met.

Luhan had spotted him from across a large crowd. At that time, Sehun's hair was an array of bright, bold colours, but Luhan expected that he would have easily picked him out from the sea of people regardless of the colour of his hair. He contrasted with the rest of the crowd wonderfully – a bright, full moon against a starless sky.

The fireworks had just begun, and the crowd was shifting toward a large opening to capture a better view. Within minutes, Luhan had been pushed forward by the mob and somehow ended up pressed up beside the rainbow-headed stranger. He hastily introduced himself to the boy, who had smiled nervously at their sudden closeness.

From that day on, the pair had only ever become closer, eventually finding themselves attached at the hip, and Sehun had never failed to become more and more beautiful to Luhan with each passing day.

 

 

Luhan leaned in to peck Sehun on the cheek in an attempt to quietly draw him from his slumber. Sehun didn’t budge, though, so Luhan began peppering light kisses all over his face, eventually landing on his thin, pink lips.

The younger stirred, but didn’t show any signs of consciousness. Luhan huffed in mild frustration and pushed his lip out into a pout. Then, with a devilish smile, he climbed up on to the bed and sunk into the sea of soft blankets atop the sleeping boy.

It was always a mystery as to how Sehun was able to sleep submersed in so many layers and survive even during the hottest months of summer. During their sleepovers at Sehun’s, Luhan would always wake up drenched in sweat, forced to kick off all of his blankets in order to remain cuddled up against the warm body of his lover.

He only noticed now that Sehun was curled up on the far side of the bed, leaving Luhan’s usual spot open, apart from a blanketed arm slung across the unoccupied pillow where Luhan’s shoulders would have been. This only further fueled Luhan’s next course of action where he crawled up to settle near the younger’s head, and he began to speak quietly in Chinese.

He whispered sweet confessions into Sehun’s ear, knowing that they could not be later held against him. There was soon a trembling beneath him, which he quickly distinguished as muffled laughter.

“You little ,” Luhan breathed in disbelief. Sehun burst into a laughing fit, no longer trying to hold back his amusement. Luhan blushed violently, swatting at Sehun’s arm.

“How long have you been awake?” Luhan practically shouted in embarrassment. Sehun beamed up at him cheekily.

“Since the moment I heard my door squeak,” he answered, still snickering. Luhan’s blush deepened. He always forgot that Sehun was a light sleeper; it was easy to imagine that he slept heavily judging by the fact that he always snoozed so late into the day. Before Luhan could bury his face into the mattress to muffle the sounds of annoyance building in the back of his throat, Sehun slipped and arm around his waist and pulled him into his comforter cocoon.

“I’m sorry,” he giggled softly against the elder’s hair, “I couldn’t resist.” 

Luhan sighed and pressed his lips to Sehun’s neck in unspoken forgiveness. He felt the arm around his waist slither underneath the fabric of his shirt, and a set of warm fingers his back and traced small circles onto his skin. Luhan breathed contently and tilted his head upward invitingly to feel a pair of soft lips greet his. He pressed back with his own, allowing the warm feeling in his chest to cloud his senses. Heart pounding, Luhan cupped one of Sehun’s flushed cheeks, snaking his other hand around to press against the nape of his neck. They continued as such for a length of time, mouths moving together as if they were made to do this exactly.

Eventually Luhan pulled away, but kept his face close to Sehun’s. He gazed at him adoringly, taking in his impossibly dark brown eyes and his sweet, familiar scent.

“Are you going to get up now?” Luhan asked, having momentarily forgotten why he had ended up in Sehun’s bed in the first place.

“Why? I could stay in bed all day,” Sehun said, yawning.

Luhan could, too, he thought, if it meant warm cuddles and kisses that sent his heart soaring with the boy that he loved. He didn’t say this aloud, though. Instead, he leaped up out of the bed, yanking the blankets along with him.

The two boys ran yelling down the hallways, Luhan dragging the heavy bedding behind him as a makeshift cape, and Sehun stumbling along after him.