I finally hit my limit!

town's cupid

"That was a great wedding." Van said walking to a stand with food.

 

"Van why were you staring at me?" I asked.

 

 

 

He signed, "You seem so...down. You look like your unhappy and don't wanna be here."Oh of course he'd be concern. That's just apart of Van, I've learned that. Every time I'm down or seem down, he's always there with that sincere concern look on his face to make sure I'm alright. Van's a good guy. I don't know why I thought he'd like me. He couldn't possibly.I'm not and I don't, but I didn't say that instead,

 

 

"Complete opposite. I love being here." I don't like sharing my problems with others. I hate being that mood killer, and my problems are for sure a mood killer. So instead I bottle it in.

 

"Pie you don't have to lie." He said taking a step closer to me. "I don't want to be here, either."I took a step back, trying to create a great distance between us. Jane would freak if she saw the closeness, and automatically assume I made or because I like Van. I don't like Van.  He's just the first out of her many boyfriends that I seem to like as a friend. But heck I'm freaking.

 

"The food looks amazing." I said quickly grabbing a plate and turned to face the food.

 

 

 

 

"You want to know what else looks amazing?" He asked in a deep handsome voice. I mean not handsome just very manish or mature boyish voice. Definitely not handsome.

 

I grabbed some food, "Who? Jane?"

 

 

 

 

Van is starting to act very weird.He let out a breath. "Yeah Jane."

 

We quietly got our food and sat at an empty round table. Van looked up at me and was about to talk when someone came on the microphone. "May I have the groom and bride to the floor?" People clapped as they made their way to the center of the opened space. "Also the bride maids and groomsmen to join." I looked over to see Mario walking Jane to the floor. She has this big smile on her face, hopefully its Mario's doing and not this guy Van. Shortly after everyone made their way to the floor the guy spoke up again. "This is for you two." Then a beautiful woman came on stage followed by her band, I assume. She started singing and a minutes into the song a man came out and made this into a duet. It was absolutely amazing.I looked over to the bride and groom they look so happy. This is what I want to look when I find the one guy that makes me happy. They looked as if there was no tomorrow, or no worries in the world. They're love was radiating out and I wanted to match that feeling with someone.My eyes darted to Jane and To. There was no distance between the two. As they danced Mario did most of the talking and she talked back. She was actually talking to Mario. Big big big more. From time to to time she smiled or laugh. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. I could tell she was enjoying herself. Especially since she never looked over at Van or me. Considering how she seems to be so into Van.

 

"So...hows Kim?" Van asked.

 

I frowned then turned to him."I don't know he's your friend." What would make him ask something as crazy as that

 

Van laughed, "Sorry I didn't get the vibe that you don't like him."

 

 

"And what vibe did you get?"

 

 

 

 

"That your into him"

 

 

 

 

 

Why does everyone keep saying that? "Van I'm more into you than him." Whoa what did I just say? I basically just told my best friend's boyfriend that I'm into him. I'm so not into him. Sure he has those dreamy eyes. Sure his smile is beautiful. Yeah sure he's attractive, and a gentleman but no I'm not into him Not only that he just so happens to be dating my best friend. I'd never in a million years try to take her boyfriend.

 

"I didn't...that came out wrong."

 

"Mhmm." he smiled with amusement.

 

 

 

 

"But I...I...what I meant is that I find off limits guys more appealing than Kim." Crap! Smack my mouth? Because I'm digging myself a big grave. Smart points to me for telling Van something totally wrong. "I'm just going to shut up now."

 

 

 

"No I..."

 

 

"Hey Van take her home. You two don't have to stay, the wedding's over and all they're having is a long reception. Jane said giving Van her car keys. "Mario will take me home and I'll get my car tomorrow."

 

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

 

 

 

 

A few heads turned our way but at this point I really don't care. Because I'm fuming with anger. First Jane ambushes me to going to this wedding, causing Mean to be at me, then tells us we can leave like an hour into this thing? Oh and don't let me forget she trust Van over me with her car? Is she serious right now?

 

 

 

 

"What's wrong with you now?" Jane asked as if I'm the one with the problem.

 

 

"I can never please you perfect pattie."

 

I laughed, "You've got to be kidding me."

 

 

 

 

"Hey now's not the time or place. You two talk about this some other time but not here." Van said stepping in between us. Jane slightly frowned, "Fine."I returned the look but less fierce.

 

 

 

"Fine. Let's go." I said walking off. I am so fed up with her. Jane has pushed the last button.When we got into the car Van immediately asked, "What was that?" When I didn't reply. "Or do I want to know?"

 

 

I turned to him. "Have you ever had that obnoxious friend that always makes it about them?"

 

 

"More than you know it." He agreed.

 

 

 

"If its..."

 

 

"Not their way its the wrong way." We said in union.

 

 

 

I looked at him a little in disbelief and cracked a tiny smile. "Exactly." Then leaned back into my seat.

 

An awkward silence followed. I would sometimes sneak a glance at him. His eyes were focused on the road, but I could tell he was thinking about something.

 

He was hard at thinking."So...what's on your mind?" I asked.

 

"Huh? Oh uh reminiscing back on some memories. Nothing to serious." He smiled.

 

 

 

 

Even though I wasn't fully convinced I returned the smile and said, "Okay."

 

"Thanks for coming to the wedding as my date even though you shouldn't have." He said after pulling up to the curb of my house."Oh no problem. Same to you."

 

"Hey so...at the wedding when you said you find me attractive..."

 

 

 

"What I meant to say was that I find any guy in this world more attractive than Kim including the taken ones

 

 

Van's smile faltered a bit but then picked back up.

 

 

"What if I told you, I like the way you said it at the wedding?" He then unbuckled his seat belt and leaned in close until our lips were only an inch apart. I stared into his eyes as he stared into mine, wondering what the heck is going on. My eyes traveled down to his lips seeing that they were twisted into a smile. I quickly looked back up at his eyes to see that they were beaming.

 

 

 

 

"What are you...what are you doing?" I stumbled.

 

"I like you Pie. I can't hide it anymore." With that said his lips closed the gap as they collided with mine. Van is kissing me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

So Van admits he has a thing for Pie, but how will she respond to that? Will she tell him to back off? Will she kiss him back? Or will she end her friendship with Jane? Is she going to make up with Mean? Or change herself only to please herself? Many many things, but which is to really happen guys? Let me know. Your idea might be used. And remember:COMMENT, CRITIQUE, CONCERN