bff Jane, yea thats her alright..

town's cupid

"Pire" I heard someone yell. Seconds later they berged into my room.

 

I looked up and smiled, "Oh hey Jane," I said taking my laptop off of my lap and putting it on my bed.

 

Jane is my best friend, that I've known like all my life. We didn't start off as friends though. Nope we started off as enemies. It's actually funny looking back on the wild ride, we've rode. You know as little kids, you want to be the most coolest one and dominant one...well teens do that too. Well whatever, Jane and I lived in the same neighborhood and we'd always bring our newest thing from our house bragging about what our parents got to the other neighborhood kids. Some kid one day said that my new toy was way cooler than Jane's and that started our rivalry. Soon after cliques were created, and our little minds found ways to bother one another.

 

Like one time, me and my group of friends went to the neighborhood pool and were having fun swimming around, until random bugs started being thrown all over us. Jane came up with the crazy idea. I ended up peeing on myself because I was so scared. She came up with the nickname, "Peepeeison." That name stuck with me for 2 years. Oh how I hated it, but I hate princess more.

 

When we in high school I decided to drop the stupid little rivalry. I was too old for little kid games and stupid childhood rivalries. Jane accepted. And we started talking about how cool our pranks were on one another and became friends from there. Now look at us we're the best of friends. Even if she gets on my nerves sometimes. I still love that girl.

 

"Hey, so there's this guy..." Before she even finished I knew where this was going. She had met a guy and less than a month later he'd leave her heartbroken. It always happens.  Ever since her first love broke her heart Jane was constantly finding a new guy to be her Mr. Perfect. "His name is Ryan and omg he's just so cute! He's really cute," Jane blushed.

 

"Jane, I'm happy for you and all, but remember Davis, Brandon, Conor, Martin, shall I keep going? I asked.

 

"But he's different."

 

"You said that last time and the time before and the time before that."

 

"Wow thanks for killing my joy brutually."

 

"Oh no Jane, I just don't want to see you get hurt. Why don't you give Mario a try. He really seems to like you, and plus, he's a good guy."

 

"Why because you chose him?" Jane asked squinting her eyes at me. "Why don't you give bad boy Lucas a try?" She only said that because she knew how much I hate that guy.

 

"That's not the same, Jane. Mario is actually human."

 

"Whatever, when was the last time you stepped out of your little perfect world and dated a guy?"

 

I put a hand through my hair, roughing it up a bit, "I don't have time for a guy. Between all the clubs I'm in and match making, I barely have time for friends. No offense."

 

"Or because your scared."

 

"Of what? I laughed.

 

"Choosing the wrong guy. I mean seriously you work so hard on choosing the right person for everyone your scared you'll choose the wrong one for yourself. Stop trying to be everyone's match maker, and be your own."

 

I didn't reply. That could't possibly be true. I didn't have a guy beside my side because of my overwhelming full schedule.

 

"I win! So you wanna go to this party with me tonight? You get to meet Ryan," Jane offered.

 

"Sorry no can do. I'm busy with these t-shirt designs, and schedule for the senior class." I said turning my laptop, so the screen was facing her.

 

"WowPie. Maybe you don't have a guy because your boring...kidding. Well have fun with that, bye." Jane said giving me a hug and leaving. I put my hands in my lap then dropped my face in my hands. "Oh boy."

 

I turned back to my laptop and finished working on the t-shirts.

 

I was half asleep when I heard my phone ring. I was going to ignore it, but it kept ringing. I looked over at my clock on my nightstand to see that it was a little pass 1. Who the heck could be calling me at this time? Everyone that knows me, knows that I'm an early bird. This better be important. I showly grabbed my phone and put it to my ear. "Hello," I said sleepily moving hair out of my face.

 

"Can you please come get me?" Jane asked. She was crying.

 

I sat up in bed, turning on my lamp. "Where are you?"

 

"Kim's house."

 

I frowned and took a deep breath, "And where exactly is that?"