Change of Plans

Mission - Myungsoo

Ever since that night the two of you have been going out for a few months, everything seemed to be going well and he hadn’t suspected a thing. Well that was until you were sitting at home one day, doing the dishes when Mr. Kim called you.

"Yoboseo?" You quickly dried your hands and picked up the phone.

”_______, Myungsoo started to move out of the city and into the countryside. We don’t know what is going on but we think that he was taken, please go check this out. Fighting!” With Mr. Kim’s short message, he hung up the call and you looked around in shock.

You were with him more and more, how could he have gotten kidnapped. Trying not to think of the worst situation, you changed into jeans and a black tank top, putting on your shoes and pulling your hair into a ponytail. Dashing out the door, you got into your car and raced to the address that was on your GPS screen in your car.

Reaching the address, it was this ancient barn, some slats of wood were missing and there were holes in the roof. Burlap sacks caught on the wood trying to cover up the holes but they were fraying badly. Looking around the area, you didn’t see any cars or any transportation.

Stepping out of your car, you looked around and saw a fresh pair of tire tracks, closing the door to your car, you locked it and headed into the barn.

Pulling on the rusted metal handle, you pulled it open, letting some light into the dark environment.

"Hello, is anyone in here?" You called before walking through the door, a moan came from a distant support post, your eyes quickly adjusted while you stepped on some fresh hay.

Straining your ears, your body felt something behind you and without a second thought you turned around and found a guy behind you, kicking him in his chest, he fell backwards and onto the floor. The shuffling of more hay alerted you that there were more coming. Turning around one of the men through a punch but you ducked and hit him in his stomach instead, he curled into a ball when the other one lunged at you, jumping backwards, he threw punches but you avoided them. Moving behind them, you used their shirt and pulled it over their heads and they were stuck in their own trap.

Once they were in a pile, in a locked horse stall, you headed over to where the started. The light came through the slats, highlighting a body that sat on the ground, his arms were tied behind his back and his head hung low. Kneeling next to him, you looked over your shoulder once more before placing your hand on either side of his face and tilting it up for you to see who it was.

His brown hair was all so familiar, the way it flowed to one side and his expressionless face sat there in your hands.

"Myungsoo" You called his name while you watched his chest move up and down, barely.

Leaning in, you moved your ear over his nose, a sight breath was hear but you knew that he was beaten up pretty badly. Moving away from him, you brushed some hair out of his eyes, while you looked over his body to see if there was any superficial damage.

"Black Widow, is that you?" A deep voice called you and you froze, knowing exactly who it was.

Turning your head over your shoulder, you looked up at the man that stood behind you.

"Bloodhound, long time no see." You raised to your feet with Myungsoo behind you.

"How have you been?" He asked his hands at his sides, his dark eyes locked onto yours, trying to predict what moves you were going to make, his hair was slicked back and hit the middle of his neck while earrings hung down from his ears, a sweaty old tank top was under a flannel shirt that he wore with some ripped jeans and boots. Tattoos lined his arms almost to where you couldn’t see a normal skin tone, some of his fingers were missing from his previous decisions.

"Pretty good, busy for sure." You knew that you couldn’t give information away or you would be in trouble. Taking a step towards him, he stepped back causing you to have an upper hand on him already.

"How long did it take you to recover from the last duel we had?" He questioned inching towards you.

"Um I would say three months. You gave me a pretty nasty stab wound in my stomach, so I had to have surgery. But you didn’t get any organs." You with a smile.

"I’ll make sure that I get something this time then." He snarled. Watching his eyes, the twitched as he drew a blade and tried to jab it into your side once again, but you were too quick and jumped back.

"What did you want with him?" You asked moving around so that you could see Myungsoo.

"Oh, he stole my daughter away from Brutus." Bloodhound snarled, making his eyes get darker.

"Who is Brutus?" You asked knowing that you hit a sensitive part of him.

"Her fiance, he was going to ask her to marry him but then she saw Myungsoo and she turned him down." Bloodhound looked down at Myungsoo, his still body was barely moving with each breath, then he walked over and kicked him hard in his stomach, causing Myungsoo to yelp like a hurt puppy. Myungsoo’s brown eyes opened as he tried to catch his breath.

"What if she just wanted to turn him down and it isn’t Myungsoo’s fault." You proposed.

"What are you saying?!" Bloodhound, quickly turned his attention from Myungsoo to you and pushed you against the post with his knife to your neck.

"Maybe she didn’t love him like you thought she did." You rephrased your last statement, but Bloodhound pushed the blade into your skin. Holding your breath, your mind raced but then a solution came into your mind. Kicking your leg out, you hit him and he crumbled to the ground. Curling into a ball, he whined in pain, going to Myungsoo’s side, you quickly cut the ropes with Bloodhound’s blade.

"Myungsoo, get to your feet." You pulled him up onto his feet. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders while he used you as a crutch. Limping to the door, you opened it when the three guys that you beat earlier started to come back.

"Go in the car" You told him handing him the keys.

Turning around, you fought them off, with punches that hardly phased them, you tried everything but you were getting weak and a few of the guys hit you hard but you came back and knocked them to the ground. A jab to the stomach caused the wind to be knocked out of you, then a few punches to your face. You staggered to your feet, with blood coming from your lips, you threw a few more punches, but it was almost no use.

Quickly, you turned and ran outside. Myungsoo was waiting in your black sports car when you ran to the drivers side with the guys following you. Opening the door, you quickly put the car into gear and took off.

Guiding your car down the straight road, you poured on the gas and made the car speed to its capabilities. Looking back in your rear view mirror, you saw their van coming after you, turning quickly, you drifted the corner and went down a dirt road. Your rear view mirror still showed them behind you. Turning around, you tried to loose them and with a few more turns and twists, you started to pull away from them. Going faster and faster down the road, you headed towards the mountains just to make sure that no one was following you.

Catching your racing heart beat, you turned your car into a pull out on the side of the road. Parking your car, you rested your head on your hand. Closing your eyes, you took deep breaths before looking over at Myunsgoo.

"Are you okay?" You asked with your labored breath. His head was against the head rest and his arm wrapped around his stomach, a small nod was his response while his eyes opened.

"You okay?" He whispered still trying to catch his breath. Wiping your mouth, you saw some blood but you just pulled the collar of your tank top up and pressed it against your lip to stop the bleeding. Nodding your head, you saw a little smile curl onto his lips, while silence filled the car.

"So… I can see you aren’t a normal girl." Myungsoo chuckled before holding his stomach tighter.

"Well, yeah." You laughed a little and held your stomach too, rubbing it a little.

"So…. what are you?" Myungsoo rolled his head over on the head rest to look at you.

"The truth?" You questioned him, he nodded and blinked slowly. "I’m a secret agent for the Phoenix Foundation. I was going through college and one of my best friends said that I should apply, so I did and then I became best friends with the CEO, Mr. Kim and he kept building my memory and field skills. Then I worked with him full time and I get put on the special missions that none of the guys can do in the office." You smiled and rested your head on your head rest.

"So you weren’t the girl that I met in that coffee shop?" He questioned you while you turned off your car.

"I was, it is just that it wasn’t me. I would rather wear pants than dresses and black than flowers. I’m not much of a girly girl." You looked down at your dirt covered outfit.

"That is okay." Myungsoo whispered. "But if you weren’t you, then who were you supposed to be?"

"Your ideal type, I was assigned to you because they were afraid because of all of the break ups that had been happening that it was your fault and someone was going to try and hurt you. So I got assigned to you, I had to act like your ideal type because they wanted me to become your girlfriend." You explained.

"So you weren’t the girl I feel in love with?" Myungsoo probed a little more.

"No, I was, just the outside wasn’t me." You lowered your head shamefully. "Sorry, I had to lie to you like that."

"Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad that you were there for me when I needed you." He leaned over the middle console of your car and pressed his lips on your cheek.

"M-Myungsoo, what was that for?" You questioned lifting your hand and placing it over where he kissed you.

"For being the best girlfriend in the world." He smiled and leaned in again and kissed your bloodied lips. Holding onto your lips for a second, he pulled away then sat back in his seat.

"B-But I am not your idea type." You looked at him shocked at his actions.

"Sometimes you don’t know what you like until it is right in front of you." He smiled and looked at you. "You’re my ideal type now."

You smiled and blushed a little at his words, starting up your car again, you pulled it out from the side of the road. Steering the car over the road, your right hand laid on the console and Myungsoo slid his hand into yours, he held it gently. Turning your head to him, he smiled and you smiled back.

This was one mission that was a total success.