Target Acquired

Mission - Myungsoo

Making up your mind that you would try your best, you made it to your apartment and headed inside with your bags in tow. Locking your car, you headed inside and unlocked your door before seeing the messy, almost abandoned apartment that you had come home to. With your job, you weren’t home very often but when you were, you were relaxing or sleeping. Cleaning up a little, you put the bags on your bed and checked the time. With a little time left to kill, you picked up your dirty clothes and hung up your new ones that Ms. Hun had handed to you.

Heading out the door again, you headed down the street to the Americano Café, where Myungsoo was supposedly supposed to be. Pulling open the door, the bell hit against the door as the workers behind the counter welcomed you from afar. Bowing to them, you headed inside and stood in line. A taller man stood in front of you with dark brown hair and his hands in his pockets. The line started to move up as you looked around and saw some couples at the tables and groups of girls and boys that just got off of school.

“The usual order for Kim Myungsoo, please?” The man in front of you ordered, your eyes widened knowing that this was the man that you were supposed to become close with. The workers busied themselves behind the counter, trying to fill his order as quickly as they could.

“That will be $13.45, please.” The cashier called out his total, he took out his wallet, fanning out the cash that he had and placed the right amount on the counter with a little tip for them working so hard and quickly.

Myungsoo turned around quickly and you moved towards him so that he would bump into you. Just like you had planned, the tray of six bumped into you and spilt on you and fell to the ground, making a large mess on the tile floor.

“I’m so sorry, are you okay?” Myungsoo asked you, reaching out to your arm.

“Y-Yeah, I am sorry, I guess I wasn’t looking where I was going.” You apologized while you bent down to the ground and picked up the now empty cups while the workers helped clean up the coffee that started to run across the floor.

“Are you really okay?” Myungsoo asked once more, catching your eyes with his, you nodded.

“Yes, I am just really sorry. I didn’t mean to.” You took the empty cups from his hands and threw them away in the trash bin next to you. “Let me pay for your second order.” You offered

“I can’t let you do that.” Myungsoo shook his head with a smile curling onto his lips.

“Then here is the money, you keep it. It was my fault.” You tried once more, but he just grabbed some napkins and held them out for you.

“Dry yourself off okay, don’t worry. I can pay for it again.” He turned to the workers while they started on the same order again. Dabbling the napkins on your chest and stomach, you knew that this wouldn’t come out, and you were genuinely sorry but somehow this was just too easy for you.

“Thank you, but please take my money.” You offered once more.

“No, really, you need it for dry cleaning.” He smiled “Here take my coat so you aren’t embarrassed when you walk home and you can give it to me tomorrow.” Extending his hand out to you with the coat in his palm, he offered it to you.

“Thank you, but I can return it tonight, if you are home.” You said knowing that you had to get his phone number and address.

“That would be even better!” He turned and grabbed a napkin, quickly writing his number and address on it, he handed it to you before picking up the seven cups of coffee.

“Make sure you call before you come over, I would hate for you to come all that way and for me not to be there.” He added with a smile on his face.

“I will. I am still really sorry.” You apologized once again.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll leave first.” He says with a smile. Moving past you, he pushed the door open with his back before walking down the street with seven drinks in his arms.

You watched him leave until you couldn’t see him anymore, then the workers behind the desk looked at you wondering what your order would be.

“I’m sorry for the mess.” You bowed to them as you slid some money across the table and turned to walk out the door.  

Sliding your hands through the sleeves, you put on the jacket that Myungsoo had given you. Pointing your eyes ahead, you walked home while your thoughts wondered.

“How did they know that was going to happen?” You mumbled to yourself, finding the Phoenix Foundations’ plans to almost be flawless every time. Pulling the jacket around you tighter, you smelled the subtle yet comforting smell of him, causing you to smile.

Headed home and unlocked your door and walked to your room. Choosing another outfit to wear, you tossed your ruined outfit into your hamper, before picking out a cute t-shirt and some shorts. Running your fingers through your hair, you pulled out the napkin, from his coat pocket, that he had given you and you got on your phone to find out where it was.

Just when, you found his place on your phone, an incoming call came and you picked it up.

“Yoboseo?” You answered.

“_______-ah, how did the first meeting go?” You smiled at the voice of Mr. Kim.

“It was good, he spilled coffee all over me, I got his jacket, his number and address and I will see him tonight to return it to him.” You smiled almost too easily at the thought of Myungsoo, forcing yourself to hide your smile; you bit your lip softly.

“Now, when you go over tonight there are going to be six other guys with him and so somehow hand him your number then see where it leads, we are hoping that he will want to see you again, but keep us posted.” Mr. Kim said.

“I will. I have to go, talk to you later.” You cooed before you hung up the phone. Myungsoo’s jacket laid next to you and you pulled out the napkin once again. Typing the number into your phone, you tilted his contact as “Mission”.

Hey, so this is the girl that has your jacket from the cafe. I would love to return it to you so when you want me to come over just text me, please. This is my number if you didn’t figure it out by now. :D Talk to you soon.

Waiting around, you cleaned up your place and made some dinner for yourself. Enjoying a quiet evening at home, you caught up with some of your shows and eating some ice cream. When you phone vibrated beside you, your head turned and picked it up seeing it was from “Mission”.

I’m home now so whenever you want to come over is fine with me. - Mission

I’ll be over soon.