Mission

Mission - Myungsoo

The squeaking of your sneakers on the freshly waxed floor, welcomed you back to the company that you were working for the Phoenix Foundation. Friendly faces waved to you as you passed by their cubicles. Making your way to the end of the hall, you knocked on the oak door before opening the door to your boss that sat behind his big walnut desk. He gestured for you to come in since he was on the phone, so you let yourself in and looked around his office.

Once he was done with the call, you turned your attention back to him. He sat there pleased, with his hands clasped together on the top of his desk.

“It is good to see you ______.” Your boss, Mr. Kim, smiled over at you. “I see that your last mission was successful.” He stood up and chuckled a little.

“Good to see you too. Of course, coming home alive is always a plus.” You smiled and giggled along with him.

Mr. Kim pulled a file from the drawer of his desk and you already knew what was coming.

“Another mission?” You smiled at your old friend while Mr. Kim nodded.

“Yes, but this one is a little different. Let’s just say that it is only a mission that you could do.” He smiled and handed you over the manila folder with a strangers name written on the tab.

Flipping open the file, you saw his basic information on the front page.

            Kim Myungsoo
            Born: March 13, 1992
            Schools: Duk-soo High School,
                           Daekyung University (February 15, 2013)
            Major: Practical Music

            Family: Father, Mother, Younger Brother

            Occupation: Singer (Infinite), Photographer, Actor, and Voice Actor

Quickly reading through his information, you flipped through photos.

“What is the mission this time?” You asked seeing that he was very handsome.

“I told you it was a little different and I know you don’t like doing any of the romantic stuff but you are the only one that can do this for us.” Mr. Kim started to explain.

“What is the mission?” You asked with a little giggle slipping into your words while you closed the file.

“So Kim Myungsoo is very handsome and there are several guys that want to take revenge on him because of his good looks, since he “stole” their girlfriends away from them.” Mr. Kim started to explain.

“What do you mean by “stole”?” You asked sitting down in one of his chairs around his office.

“Since he is in a boy band, there are a lot of girls that like him because he is handsome and that he can sing and act, so when the girls told their boyfriends to be more like Myungsoo, they kind of got upset and the girls left their boyfriends to go be an Inspirit.” Mr. Kim said while taking a seat behind his desk.

“Ah, so what do you want me to do?” You played with the corners of the folder with your fingers.

“This is a little awkward for me to ask of you since we have been friends for longer than I can remember.” Mr. Kim leaned back in his chair while he played with his own fingers.

“What is it? You know I will agree to it.” You looked down at the file that sat in your lap with a little smile on your face.

“So… our plan is to have him fall in love with you, make you his girlfriend, so then you can spend a lot of time with him and be close to him.” Mr. Kim started.

“So then if one of those other guys comes along and want to steal Myungsoo, I would be able to protect him and capture the criminal in one shot.” You took the words from Mr. Kim’s mouth.

“Exactly! Now you might have to change how you look a little and how you dress but we can help you with that.” Mr. Kim warned “That is if you agree to the mission.”

“Sure, I mean you can’t have any of the other agents do it.” You giggled at the thought of the other agents, which were all male, trying to be a girl.

“Perfect! We can start right away. Follow Ms. Hun and she will get you all set up with new clothes and a new hairstyle so that you can have a better chance of winning over Myungsoo’s heart.” Mr. Kim stood up as Ms. Hun came through the door.

“Why do I have to change my clothes and my hairstyle?” You questioned “What about the ones that I am wearing?” You gestured to jeans and your t-shirt that you wore with your hair in a messy bun with sneakers to finish off your undercover agent look.

“The way you look right now is not the idea type that Mr. Kim Myungsoo is looking for. In order for him to fall for you, we have to make you like his idea type.” Ms. Hun said sweetly.

“Okay, but I get my clothes back when we are done with this!” You pointed at Mr. Kim with a glare and he just waved his hand at you and wished you luck while Ms. Hun escorted you out of the room and down to the wardrobe room.

“So what kind of clothes would I have to wear?” You asked Ms. Hun as she closed the door behind you, your eyes looked up at the racks of clothes, from all black jumpsuits to grungy mechanic, she had everything.

“Something sweet and innocent but also flattering, your hair has to be long and a little curly too, more like wavy.” Ms. Hun went off trying to find some outfits that would suit Myungsoo and your body type.

Pulling a few down, she smiled at her choices. With a big pile of girly clothes in her arms, she took the hangers out form the clothes and folded them into bags, so it looked like you had gone shopping.

“Go put this on okay, your first meeting with him is today at his favorite café. He is going to get coffee for s and you want him to spill his drinks on you.” Ms. Hun guided.

“But then I won’t have anything to change into.” You asked her a little confused.

“That is when he is going to give you his jacket and he will give you his address and his number so that you can give his jacket back to him.” Ms. Hun explained.

“Then what happens?” You asked becoming a little more curious than confused.

“When you go over and you are all changed, then he will offer for you to come inside for a drink or something and he will fall for you. Then everything will go from there.” Ms. Hun said while she finished up folding your clothes and placing them into bags. “Now, go change, I want to see what that looks like on you.”

She pushed you into the changing room, you slipped off your jeans and shirt before putting on a shorter black skirt then a light blue button up, leaving a few of the top buttons undone, you fixed your necklace and looked at yourself in the mirror. Your eyes carefully scanned over your body, it didn’t look bad in the outfit, and it just looked different. Seeing your hair in the mirror, you reached up and released the messy bun from its hair tie. Your usually straight hair was curly and fell below your shoulder just above the middle of your back.

Taking a deep breath, you walked out of the changing room. Ms. Hun saw you and smiled clapping her hands excitedly.

“Perfect! What guy couldn’t fall for you now?” She happily clapped. You nodded, still a little unsure of the plan but you knew that you had to try. “Okay, so he should be at the Americano Café in an hour, so that gives you time to go home, drop off your new clothes and meet him there.” Ms. Hun debriefed you again.

“I will be there on time. I promise.” You smiled taking the bags before heading out of the door. Walking down the halls, very few women were in this agency but it didn’t bother you that the boys were looking at you until now. Making your way to your black car, you put your bags in the back and slid behind the wheel. Driving home, you listened to music while you went over the mission in your head.

A part of you wanted you to not fall for him but then again you knew it would be more natural for you to act like you liked him if you really did. Sighing, you waited at a stop light while pedestrians walked across on the designated area.