Why Didn't You Say Anything?

You Want Me? I'll Leave You, Just For You

Shim Song Hye's POV

(Italics are Song Hye's thoughts)

 

            For a moment, I felt insane. His once sturdy back looked lean and tired. I staggered to the floor as my legs gave out. But then, everything built up overwhelmed me, consuming me.

            "YOU'RE A KIM?!?!? You're..... the secret spy watching me, huh…? YOU JUST WANT THE MONEY??!? JUST TELL THAT FREAKING MAFIA GROU-" he abruptly covers my mouth.

            Stop. Stop time. JUST STOP IT ALL. I want to wake up from this drea-

            "...-Song Hye! Leave NOW," he whispers, leaving that suave voice linger in my ears.

            "But Jaejoongie, I don't want to leave you with the creeps askin' me to give myse-"

            "Just go," he hesitates, "before they reach me, with YOU. I don't want them to hurt you. PLEASE."

            "Bu-," He covers my mouth, interrupting me. This was becoming irritating.

            "I'm sorry…" Why Jaejoong? "-...for taking advantage of your trust..."

             "What do you mean? We’ve been together ever since my parents left me!"

            "For using you,"

            "Let's leave South Korea together then. Abandon that- I mean- your mafia group." I stopped at my words-that couldn't be possible. Or can it? He face darkened at those words. Did I see that correctly? I started to fume at the reaction, fists clenched.

            "Sorry, for betraying you. Sorry, for loving you. Ju-ju-just-," he stutters. He starts to tear up. I reach out for his hand, but he slips away. His back starts to shake, wavering. I never saw this part of him-everything about us was breaking so easily... Are we both weak?

            "Why? Please, don't just say goodbye to me. It's not fair!" I break out in tears. I started to punch his chest once he turned around, begging for answers.

            "Just...leave, Sunji. They have stuff to deal with me." He reluctantly pushes me out of MY apartment, shutting the door-quietly. Stop with that pet name- it hurts. "Go to your cousin and live your life without burdens. Leave me, let them take me. Let them beat me, ripping me away from you and the world. But I don't want them to get to you, not anymore," he whispers carefully with that door in between. I wished for his warmth. I finally felt the nostalgic cold air that I thought I would never cross again.

            "Jaejoongie, no...no. NO…NO. Jaejoong. Why for me? I've always wanted to be with you, through thick and thin....But this is what I get?" That special name is special no more.

            "I'm sorry."

            I dash out, tripping on the stairs. I bundle over after reaching nowhere, bursting out in tears, mixing with the bitterness of betrayal. I let all my emotions explode after all that confusion. Pounding my fist until numb while falling on my knees- I feel the nostalgic agony of everything once more. I don't want to face this again. No more betrayals. Please.

            I hate him. I love him. I don't like this love anymore. He betrayed me-he promised to always stay by my side. He helped me when my parents were jailed for illegal trading.  He knew that my parents died in jail, while they both left me with a 15 million won debt to the Kim mafia group when I was a simple 17 year old. I couldn't even tell my goodbyes to my parents, not even crying over them until now. I’ve had to withstand being alone for 6 years so far. I felt so dull, until Jae came-now he ruined my life. Clutching my legs, I stand up. I took where my legs could only go- Junsu's house. It was the only thing left of my life.

            Knock knock.

            He opens the door with that radiant smile-it's a natural that he's my best friend. “Hey. Um- Sunji?!? Is that you?? What hap-"

            "Junsu." I wrapped my arms around his back, reliving all those overwhelming emotions. He hugs back.  After countless minutes, Junsu broke the silent sobs, carefully placing me in his couch.

            "It's 'bout Jaejoong, hm? I guess he told you earlier than I thought," He said dejectedly.

            "Wha-"

            " He told me to tell you to hide."

            "Haaahh..? Huh.."

             Why are people keeping secrets away from me? Why??

             I grit my teeth, soon hyperventilating for everything.

             I can’t trust him. Doesn’t he love me? Why didn't you tell me sooner?? I could've saved HIM! Why is it this way…

            " Sunji. Hey, Song Hye. Yah, Song Hye.. SHIM SONG HYE?!!" I break away at the sudden outburst.

            "Y-yeh, 'Su.."

            "...Um, are you okay? now? I should've met up with you earlier to tell you, but.." 'Su stopped with a scrunched up face. If I see now carefully, he looked tired, his eye bags heavy.

            "I'm fine. Sort of..."

            Sure I was. I learned that my boyfriend was the spy of my enemy, he shut me out, saying it was for my good, and those geezers will mess with me. AGAIN. They're the worst.

            "Sleep. We'll work it out tomorrow. Sorry for being harsh, but-," he messed up his prickly short hair, " we'll work it out."

            I walked to the room which was prepared for me-I stand in front of the door, blank.

            “What am I doing…” I finally opened the door. The elegant, silk bed was soft under my head in a moment's notice.

            Everything felt like home. The second home from all the times I've spent running away. I've ran too much, for far too long. This Kim mafia will never hold me down-not today. After countless years of working for my decreased parents' debt, I want to do something for myself. I feel dead inside. Dead tired and wasted, but now, everything has changed. I miss myself- I miss my parents. I wished time stopped just for this, so I can live again.

            If only I could make everything freeze, I would stop the pains, kiss him once more, drag him back with me, and leave this place.

            "Bogoshipo...."

            Ah, it's breaking dawn. I fell into a sleepless slumber.

 

 

 

This will be a short story... It's going to be about 3 to 5 chapters..? Please let me know your thoughts, etc... Kansamnidaa~~