That Dirty Coffee Marks

If Only

If only, you did not spill that coffee on my favorite blouse

If only, you did not curse and pissed the out of my guts

If only, you did not look me in the eyes

My heart would not be this troubled.

 

(Seohyun POV)

“Ya! Oppa, wait for me! How many times should I tell you that I can’t run with this deadly high heels!”

“Oppa look, this one is cute right? Eh? Oppa where are you? Aish.”

“No, you look ugly in that dress. Why not try this one? It suits you perfectly!”

“Will you give me piggy ride oppa? Hehehe pleasee~”

“Oppaaaa, jinjjaaaa, my feet hurts, can I just wear my favourite sneakers? Jaebal? Uh?”

Well that’s me, all those dialogues kind of sum what kind of a girl I am. My name is Seohyun, a girl with average height and weight, people say I am way too skinny but I prefer myself being like this, besides that this body won’t allow me getting more weight (people hate me for that, but trust me, I hate it too). I have a brother, his name is Kyuhyun, he is one annoying big brother but he is the only one I got. You can say that he is the only human being who is blood realted I can rely on. For now.

“Seohyun-ah, wake up! Its morning already, you said you wanted to do something special today”, Kyuhyun tries to wake me up by pinching my cheeks. This is his…..10th attempt maybe.

“Hmmm, just a little bit more oppa..” I shouldn’t watch the whole episode of drama last night.

“Aish.. arraseo..” thank God he is going away.

Kriiing… kriiing….

“Hello? Ah yes, this is Kyuhyun speaking. Who? Oh yes Nina, she is still asleep, wait a bit okay?”, Kyuhyun walks towards me and throw me the phone.

“Aish Oppaaaa!! Waeee?” I screamed out of desperation.

“It’s your friend Ninaa! Seriously, stop yelling in the morning! Our neighbors must have gone mad because of you! Get up! I’m gonna get shower!” says someone who always replies with a high tone, ugh.

I pick up the phone, half dead half alive, “Ciao Nina, what is it? Why so early?”

“YAAA!! WHAT IS SO EARLY?? IT’S ALMOST 11AM YOU LAZY !! HURRY AND MEET ME AT TERMINI, NOW!”

Seriously, if there is one thing that could make you fully awake by just one click, its Nina’s voice when she is mad.

“Ah I forgot! Mianhae, I’m heading there!!”

I hung up the phone. Rushed to grab my towel and took a quick shower, then put on my soft pink blouse and black jeans. Next is a little touch of make-up. Oh great, don’t have time to do my hair, welcoming bad hair day! One last glance on the mirror, you still look stunning Seohyunie!

“Oppaa, I am going out! See you later okaaaay? I’ll be back by dinner!”, I ran out from my room across his room and ready to go out when I face my shoes, not sure which one to wear. Aish, lets wear something comfy, so then I chose the beige simple flat shoes and run out of my apartment.

I live in one of the finest city in the world, even one of the greatest in Europe, its Rome, Italy. My citizenship is Italian, I grew up here, so does my brother, but we are purely Korean blood, our parents used to work here, my father was one of the member of FAO in Rome and my mother helps in the woman organization there. My mother was sick, its cancer, took her around 10 years to survive until her body can’t take it anymore; she is gone when I was 12 years old. My father died in a car accident, 5 years after my mom passed away. So yeah, that leaves only me and my brother now, and Nina… my lifetime best friend.

I arrived at Termini 30 minutes later, its already so crowded, filled with people from business man, tourists, local people until some beggars. Its summer, people are all outside, enjoying the bright sun. Termini is the biggest station in Rome, you can reach bus, train, and metro from here. There are also a lot of stores from the fancy stores like Chanel, Louis Vuitton and so on, until cheap ones like H&M, C&A and all those kind of stores.

I jumped out of my bus then try to find Nina, decided to call her since she won’t call me again. Kind of a punishment for being late.

“Hello Nina, where are you? I arrived already. Oh? Ah sure its lunch time already… Okay I’m heading there.”

She is already at Buono Pizza e Cafe, it is close to the exit gate from the train side. There seem so be a scene over there since a lot of people are screaming and looking so excited, most of them are girls, holding some kind of banners. I bet there is an actor or an actress who just arrived, it happens here all the time and I am not interested in such things. So I keep on walking toward Buono Pizza e Cafe.

(The boys POV)

The concert in Paris ended successfully, it’s their very first concert in Europe, a full crowd, totally unexpected. Yonghwa and his dongsaeng are all packing their things, feeling all so excited to travel around since they already in Europe before heading back to Korea in 5 days.

“Ah, finally some holiday! Some free time!” Jonghyun pull the zip of his last bag. “Are you guys done?”

“Ne, let’s go!” said Yonghwa, a bright smile on his face, and on all the four of them.

They are now in their van, headed to the train station, the first and might be the last destination is Rome, because they don’t have much time. Why Rome?

“Hyung, why are we going to Rome? We can go to England or Brussels or Germany, that’s even closer from here.” Minhyuk ask while reading the Rome tourist guide.

“I have my own reason.. And I think you guys know it” Yonghwa smirks; it brings a meaningful smile from Jonghyun and curious faces from Minhyuk and Jungshin.

“What is it hyung? Is it a girl? Nugu? Your ex-girlfriend? Or someone special?” Junghin asked him lots of question.

“Hahaha take it easy Jungshin-ah, yes it’s a girl. Well you can say she is--”

“Someone who made Yonghwa feels like a total ” Jonghyun cuts in.

“Ah…” Minhyuk and Jungshin finally get who the person is. “I never know she is now working in Rome. You better call her hyung, she is super busy, even busier than us.” Suggest Jungshin.

“You’re right, I almost forgot!” Yonghwa took out his phone and type the name of that girl, a girl who should already be Yonghwa’s past, Shin Hye.

Yonghwa, Jonghyun, Jungshin and Minhyuk. One pack of great looking guys who are in a band called CNBLUE, a famous band in Korea and now spreading their popularity to the whole world. Yonghwa is the leader of the band and also a lead vocalist; he is the wisest one, the most charming one and also the most popular one among them. Next one is Jonghyun, a loyal company but a shy guitarist, he don’t like some chitty chat so don’t expect a long conversation with him, when you get along, he is sensitive and kind. The other one is Jungshin, a warm heart bassist of this band, he is the youngest and severally got bullied by the other member, he loves to cook and it will be super delicious. The last one is Minhyuk, you won’t believe he is in his 20s because he is looking like a teenager, he loves to smile, he loves to talk and having new friends. They’ve been together for more than 5 years, they are brothers now, not just band-mate.

The boys arrived at the train station, its already so crowded by their fans, screaming out their name, telling them they love them, pushing the securities just to hold hand, giving gifts or even just to touch a bit part of their body. Gladly, there are bodyguards and their manager already bought the ticket so they just need to jump in the train. In less than 30 minutes the train finally leaving Paris and head to Rome.

“Hyung, you called Shin Hye noona right? What did she say?”, Minhyuk ask while placing their baggage on top of their seat.

“Ah yea, she invite us to a dinner when we arrived, near the hotel we are staying in,” a thin smile appear on Yonghwa’s face, just by imagining it, makes his face warm.

Jungshin sits next to Yonghwa, and looking at him straight in the eye, “Don’t hyung, don’t ever being cheap to her again, never.” That fades Yonghwa’s smile.

“Okay okay, let’s get some rest while we can guys. See you in several hours!”, Jonghyun cover his eyes with his hands, not giving a damn about what his brothers are talking about.

Shortly, they are all falling asleep. People say sleeping is just like a flashing light when you are so deep in it. The boys feeling like they slept for only 10 minutes while the fact is they slept long enough, more than an hour. People in the train are all getting ready to get off when it is announced that they will arrive at Termini station in less than 30 minutes, so the boys are also getting ready, all hyped knowing Rome is so close, knowing its finally their holiday although its short, and for Yonghwa, knowing that he will meet his long lost love, Shin Hye.

Once they are out of the station,

“Ah there! Yonghwa oppa!!”

“Aaaaaa Oh Mio dio Jonghyun oppa please hold my hand!!”

“Oppaaa!!”

“I can’t believe they are here, aaa oppaaa!!”

The usual way of the fans to welcome the boys, it surprise them since they don’t know they are already this famous, the amount of the fans is not as big as they are in Asia but still it catches people’s attention, including attention from a certain person in soft pink blouse who happen to pass by.

“Guys I need some coffee, can we stop by some store?” Yonghwa talk to his brothers while shaking the hands of the fans, trying hard not to miss anyone of them.

“Sure Yonghwa-ssi, there is a store near here”, their personal tour guide tell them to go to the left side of the station, to one of the Italian store called Buono Pizza e Cafe.

(At Buono Pizza e Cafe)

It’s a small café, a typical café you will find once you visit Rome, the place is so cozy they made it feels like you are in Autumn season, not too cold and not too hot too. Such a perfect place to hang out in summer time like this, no wonder its full with people.

Seohyun arrived, looking around trying to find Nina. She spots her, the one with ponytail, sleeveless yellow shirt and a medium height black skirt. Afraid to make her bestie lost another temper, Seohyun rush to her and take a sit in front of her.

“Hey…” Seohyun smirks, feeling guilty.

“Why are you always late Seohyunie.. I have been waiting for like an hour!”, Nina is not a complainer, but this time she is really pissed.

“Sorry, I overslept! That drama last night was so good I can’t stop watching it, and Kyuhyun oppa did—“

Seohyun didn’t continue what she is going to say because the store suddenly become so noisy and she can hear girls screaming someone’s name, its Korean name, she is sure of it. Nina is not so different. In fact people are all looking to the entrance door where there is 4 good looking guy coming in, rushing with their bodyguards and crews, they need to close and guard the door so that no one can get in and make a scene.

Nina’s mouth is open wide, can’t believe what she is now seeing. It’s CNBLUE, that famous band from Korea, she loves their music, especially Love Light.

“Who are they? Why is everyone looking so surprised? They are Korean, right?” She turn her head to see Nina’s blank face. “Hello? Ninaaaaa, hey!” Seohyun needs to shake her shoulder to bring her back from her own fantasy.

“Ah yes Seohyun-ah, its CNBLUE! Yes from Korea. How come you don’t know? They are so famous now, even me as an Italian knows them. Tsk Seohyun-ah, starts watching something from Korea and stop watching that damn discovery channel!” Nina, giving lectures, at all times.

Seohyun shake her head, “whats so wrong about discovery channel? I love it! And also, Korean music nowadays are so bad I am embarrassed.” She checks her phone, it shows that its already 1pm, “Nina, don’t you wanna order pizza or something?” Seohyun said while looking at the menu book.

“I already order margarita pizza, that would be enough for us”, Nina answers without looking at Seohyun.

Looking at how amazed her friend is, Seohyun cant help but laugh. Imagine Nina, an Italian girl, a tall beautiful girl with a good skin tone, mesmerized by some Korean guy. “Okay then, I’ll go see some cakes, craving for it since last night”. While people eat cakes for dessert, Seohyun don’t have that kind of order in eating, she eats what she wants to eat, nothing like appetizer, main course or dessert.

She stands up and get in line with the other while taking a glance to the display cakes at the right side of the cashier counter. Hmm, cheesecake must be good, no no I had it last weekend. What about the red velvet? Nah, people say their red velvet is not good here. How about some macaroon? Hmmm. She keeps on thinking and didn’t realize that she is standing off the line and bump a guy, holding a take away cup of hot coffee. The coffee spilled on her blouse.

“! Aish jinjja…” That guy got startled by Seohyun appearance and steps back.

“Ak! It’s hot! Dude watch where you are walking” Seohyun tried to clean the dirts cause by the coffee on her pretty blouse. I should have worn something dark!

“Ya! Look where you are standing!” He glared at Seohyun, seriously mad.

Seohyun finally lift her head and see that she is standing out of the line, but it’s not Seohyun if she gives up way too easily, “So what then? You should be the one who watch out while walking, especially when holding that super freaking hot coffee!” She raises her voice, speaking while looking directly to that guy eyes.

“What the heck? This is why I hate woman! Ya! Just admit that you are wrong! I need to buy another coffee because of you!” Then he replies with another raising voice.

“Just another coffee and that bothers you? Ya! Don’t visit Rome if you don’t have enough money! You might end up eating from the trash can and drink—“ before she could finish her word, Nina cuts in. “Seohyun-ah, stop okay, let’s get you back to our seat!”

“What? Why? He is the one in fault! You saw it too right Nina?” Seohyun is trying to release Nina’s grab on her hand.

“People are watching Seohyun-ah.. Just stop, okay?” Nina whispers, embarrassed by her friend wild behavior.

Seohyun look around, people are all staring at her and that guy. She then look at that guy again, finally taking a good look of him. “Okay, fine I’m going to stop. But it is STILL your fault pretty boy!” Seohyun points on the guy face.

Nina then drag Seohyun to her sit, “What are you trying to do? You might get in the news tomorrow!”

“What? Why? I’m just arguing with a guy, that’s all!” Seohyun finally sit and release a heavy sigh.

“Seriously dear, that guy was not just a guy, he is one of CNBLUE member!” Nina looking panic, envious, mad and excited at the same time.

No wonder that guy looks familiar, is it because he is Korean? Or because he is famous? Seohyun can’t hold her jaw open, she can’t believe she just got a fight with a famous bastard who ruin her blouse. She then take a glance at where that guy sits, he sits there with three other good looking guy, they are all trying to calm him down and helping him clean his jeans because it got spilled from the coffee too, then Seohyun realize that guy is good looking, despite his temper earlier.

Before Nina snap Seohyun back to her senses, one of that guy friend walk towards them, apologizing for what his friend did earlier, he bowed to Seohyun, this guy seems to know that Seohyun is Korean. Nina is super shock she keeps on shaking Seohyun shoulder, while Seohyun, can’t take her eyes off that spilling coffee bastard she hates one minute ago. Seohyun got back to her senses when Nina pinches her hand.

“Ouch! What is it?” Seohyun ask Nina. Nina just point to the back of Seohyun.

Seohyun turn her back to find another good looking guy, but this one didn’t attract Seohyun as much as that guy before attracts her. Not going to lower her dignity, Seohyun ask the guy, “What is it? Why are you bowing to me?”

The guy keeps on bowing, “I’m so sorry for what my friend did, we just went through a long road and it’s really tiring. I hope you understand him, he is just tired.” He then bows again.

Seohyun nods her head, “Ah okay.. But why is it you who apologize? He should be the one to come here and bow!” hish, that arrogant bastard!

The guy then stood up and smile, “He is my brother and I’m the oldest among them all, so I apologize on behalf of him. Sorry I didn’t introduce myself at first, my name is Jung Yong Hwa, and that brother of mine back there was—“

Yonghwa didn’t continue his talk because there is a fan who suddenly breaks open the door, once that fan breaks in, all other girls rushing in and make a total chaos. The bodyguards are trying hard to make a safe “escape” for the boys to get out of that café then find a back door and left from there immediately. The boys left the disappointed fans, left some paranoid faces from other costumer, and left a girl being deadly curious about the guy who spilled some coffee on her blouse.

--- To be Continued ---

 

Please leave some comments if you read it or just stop by >< This story came to my mind randomly. Always wanted to write one but never got the time (I have lots of time actually) and never got the guts (I guess this one is my honest reason). I hope you like it, please wait for the next chapter(s)! <3