Chapter 1: Black Blooded Gangsters

Darkness of a Rose

7 years ago,

“You stupid kid! Get to work!” he slaps me and a cut appear on my lips. I tasted the blood. It hurts but I didn’t complain. I must do whatever they order me. I hate them to the deepest pits of hell. I want to flee, but fleeing would be futile. They are professional syndicates, how can someone like me flee from them? Will the police believe me if I tell them I was under the control of the syndicates? No, syndicates don’t care about police because police fears them. Pathetic!

Syndicates don’t care about the law either.

I get up and gave him a sharp glare, “I know Sebastian, you don’t have to shout” I walk away before he hit me again. I was full of bruises, on my arms, face, all over my body. I wonder why I’m still alive. But of course I should, I need to revenge when the right time comes.

And I don’t when would that ‘right time’ be.

I do my duty for today, being a thief. Snatching wallets, accessories, phones and everything that cost money, I hate being like this, being a criminal, being hated by kids like me like I’m some kind of air-born disease. I hate taking advantage to innocent people who didn’t do anything bad. They are unsubstantial.

You are right; I was working for the syndicates but in return. No, they never gave something to me in return…

Oh! There is. My life. My worthless life.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0       -0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0     -0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Sebastian strike me with a wood while Alyana was kicking and slapping me, “You didn’t get enough!” she shouts in my face and punch me. I tasted the blood again. I want to fight back, but what can I do? I was so weak plus the fact that I’m just 10 years old.

“You just get three phones, two wallets and 15 accessories! You think that’s enough?!” he hit me on the head using a bottle. I feel dizzy, as well as the ‘never new visitor’, my tears. Why am I so weak!?

I felt blood on my temple, but I can’t just die yet, I can’t die right now. I don’t want to die.

Will they stop if I tell them police saw me snatching? That the police run after me? Of course not, they won’t stop.

“I’m… I’m… sorry” I utter and both of them laugh. The other members where happily watching us like I was some stupid dog being hit by stupid faces, they were bunch of animals who have the lust for money and power. They were devils… monsters.

“Yeah, you should be. After we take care of you? Of course you need to repay us” Alyana said and laugh. I look down and almost gave a sarcastic laugh because of what she said. Did she say, ‘because they take care of me?!’ Oh , who the are they kidding?! Is this what they call ‘taking care of me’?!

“! You killed my brother and take me with you!! If only I can report to the police! I never want to be with filthy animals! Damn you!” I bark in my mind. I can never voice it out.

Marcus Lee was the one who adopts me. I was an abandoned child left in an abandoned building. He saw and kept me. I loved him more than my parents, but he got killed. He has this stupid debt with this stupid people, the Alpha Omega Syndicates. He can’t repay the money so they killed him… in front of me.

They take me as a payment, they told me I was lucky I wasn’t got killed. Lucky?! Yeah, they call me lucky! s! I was snatching to repay Marcus debt.

“Hmm, reminiscing memories kid? How sad… did you remember the time I killed your so-called brother?” the devils laugh because of the question. I was crying silently while staring on the rugged floor. How can they talk about a respectful person in an unmannerly way?

If only I can fight back I won’t waste a single breathe not to do so, but all I can do right now is talk back, “The feeling is mutual Alyana. Maybe you’re the one remembering him, the man who you once loved” I smirk when I saw the undeniably shock and guilty expression on her face.

“Argh!” she gave me hard slap, I guess in frustration. But I don’t care coz I’m immune to her slap.

“How dare you talk back!”

“Because you’re asking me” I said in the most obvious way I can ever use. This is the only fight I can give them, this is the only thing I knew I can do.  

“Damn you kid” she smash me with a baseball bat and…

“I’ll get my revenge” I whisper

…everything was black.

~0~0~0~0~0~0      ~0~0~0~0~0~0~0     ~0~0~0~0~0~0

I was doing my job again- snatching. I can’t believe I’m doing this. I was taking advantage of the innocents in my society. Maybe I was a bad person too.

~0~0~0~0~0~0      ~0~0~0~0~0~0~0     ~0~0~0~0~0~0

I was so tired. People are much more careful now about their things. I wonder if many snatching cases was reported in that place. Until now, I can’t believe I’m doing this for almost 2 years now.

By the way, my name is Avery Madison Wright. Marcus said he found the name over my head on the abandoned building. I was ten years old by now, too young to experience this things, too young to face death all the time.

Maybe I wasn’t weak after all… or so they say.

I look at the things I snatch. This was the only way I can live. It’s been two years since I started doing this. Two years of pain and agony. See? I’m not weak, isn’t it?

I’m not weak, coz I never want to be weak.

As I was walking on the hideout, I heard cries of a boy? I ran faster, but to my horror, Sebastian had already pulled the trigger. My tears fall as I saw a five years old boy… falling on the floor, dead.

I wanted to shout, I wanted to kill. If only I run faster, I could have save the boy’s life. But who the am I kidding? How can I save him? I saw blood on his head, and before he fall on the ground, he looks at me and smile, “Bye, bye” he mouthed and wave before closing his eyes.

How… how can someone young as him do those kinds of thing? How can he smile? How can he wave? How can he do that as if I’m just his playmate? He’s just a freaking 5 years old boy at my guess.

I felt anger summon the deepest emotion in my heart. I hate them to the deepest pits of hell. They’re Satan’s disciple. Screw them all!

I turn my back and run away, crying. I can’t take it anymore. This is too much, they’ve done horrible things too much,

“Ah!” I fell on the ground while looking at my hands on the ground to support myself. My arms have too many bruises. I wonder how I look. Maybe I look ugly. I sob as I remember all the hardships I feel in their hands.

“Get up” I look up to see a boy maybe a year older than me looking seriously while handing his hand on me. His voice has a mixture of authority and power. His dark deadly eyes make him cooler.

“I said, stand up” I sniff and get his hand. He gave me a handkerchief but I just stare at it. To my surprise, he wipes the tears by himself.

“I’m Gavin Dean Carter” he raise his hand for a handshake but I didn’t shake it.

“I won’t harm you” he added and looks seriously in my eyes. And slowly, I raise my hands. How can he do this to me?

“A- avery M-m-madison Wright” I stutter and we both shake hands. Who is this guy? He looks so rich so why is he talking to someone like me? I almost look like a beggar.

“Madie”

“W-what?”

“That’s a nickname”

A faint smile cross my lips, still thinking about what happen earlier… I also need to go back like I didn’t see anything. Playing innocent it is.

He suddenly held my hand and drags me somewhere, “H-hey! I- I need to go home” I purely lied. Who wants to go home in that kind of place?

“Madie, I’m helping you. Come with me and you’ll find freedom” he said and we began running.

“W-what? How can you say I need help?”

“Isn’t it obvious on the bruises you’ve got?” he said and looks at my arms. I wonder how many bruises I got in my face.

“Oh…” I thought he knows I’m a thief.

“Will you come with me? Will you runaway with me?”

I was astonished by his question that it takes me seconds to answer.  

“I will” I said and smile.

~0~0~0~0~0~0      ~0~0~0~0~0~0~0     ~0~0~0~0~0~0

“Avery!” I snap back to reality when someone shouts in my ears.

I open my eyes. It’s been 7 years but why can’t I forget about it? Of course I can’t, it’s the past that is keeping me alive. It’s the only thing I have to avenge myself and Marcus. I need to remember the past to ignite the burning desire of vengeance in my body.

I want to remember all the things they did to me so that I can do the same to them once we cross our paths again, hopefully, someday, I’m sure, I’ll meet them again.

“Avery Madison Wright!” Zoey shout loudly in my ears again that made me wince.

I gave her a dagger look, “What?” I coldly ask because of intruding.

“Oh! Don’t give me that look! It’s creeping me out!” she shouts again and sits beside me. Tss, the mega phone friend of mine is here. Zoey, the smartest of all. Tss! Introduction will be later.

Anyway, what did this bratinella needs from me? It’s too early to pester someone like me. Well, she’s always pestering me, honestly speaking.

“I just thought your mind was wondering in wonderland. Maybe I can come?” she smiles brightly that made my dark room somehow glow.

She smiles as if she didn’t lose a loved one, a brother. I wonder how she can do that.  

“It’s not in wonderland, it’s in hell” I walk out on the room and found the brothers Kingston and Clayton watching T.V.

“Yow! Avery!” Kingston said and smile, Clayton was reading the book while watching, that’s what you called multitasking. I just nod at them and head on the couch.

I sit on the couch and close my eyes after leaning. I wanted to sleep. I wanted to escape the ghost of the past that keeps on hunting me. It’s not just the sorrow and suffering that’s hunting me but also the…

“Waahhh!! Really?! No! I don’t want to come!!!” she fakes a cry and shouts again. Argh! Why does she always follow me? And why the hell does she always shout on top of her lungs? Can’t she see I don’t like irritating noises from irritating people?

“Shut up Zoey! You’re being childish again” I said in a voice full of authority and anger. Can’t she see I’m just kidding when I said my kind was wondering in hell? Well, I’m not really kidding right? My mind’s in hell. The hell I was into before.

She pouted and gave me a peace sign. Oh heavens! Please give me more self control not to spank her. I gave out a deep breath, “Anyway, what do you need? Just tell and stop pestering me”

“Why are you so cold?”

“You got it wrong dear, I’m hot” I said sarcastically and she laughs with Kingston while Clayton smile and shake his head. Tss, jerks!

“Shut up! Just say it!”

“Say ‘please’ first” she said sweetly and gave me a dog smile. She’s playing games with me again! Calm down Avery, ‘patience is a virtue’, but… hey! I don’t have a virtue! She wants a game? I’ll give her one.

“King, can I borrow your phone?” he quickly gave it to me by throwing it. The hell! I almost didn’t catch it.

“Hello Dean, do you know that Zoey has a crush on- hey!” she quickly took the phone and glared at me but I answer her with a smile. The two jerks were watching us in amusement.

“Ok fine! Gavin said we’re going back to the Philippines the day after another!” she shouted and rolls her eyes afterwards. I gasp silently. We’re going back to the place where it all started, in hell. But the difference now is that, I’m stronger, fiercer, braver and smart.

See you soon Alpha Omega Syndicate. I’ll be back, soon.

“Oh, whatever” I reply and walk at the kitchen to cook, and as usual she follows me.

Oh! Before I forgot, let me introduce the members of Black Blooded Gangsters, our gang.

The brothers,

Bryden Kingston and Byrson Clayton Perkins. Their family owns the largest bank corporation in the whole Asia, Africa and North America. They are the heirs of the two largest branch of Perkins Bank Corporation. Code name: Pelican and Falcon

Blaze Evan Fox. They own thousand of shooting ranges in different countries. They also own the Fox Gun Incorporated which is famous in France and Croatia for their authentic and powerful guns. Code name: Red Fox

Zoey Nevaeh Murphy. Her brother was Zander Nial Murphy who died two years ago. Zoey was his replacement. But anyway, the Murphy’s are known and famous in the art of photography. They own the ‘Murphy Photography Portrait’ branch in different countries. Code name: Butterfly

Zoey was really smart. She knows what attack will our opponents do in gang fights, she can read body language, she has fast instincts, ask her something and she will quickly answer it. She’s good in information. Sometimes, she can see the future. Well, it’s a rare thing to happen. And also, when she wants to know something about you, she’ll just at your eyes and she’ll know everything she wants.

Gavin Dean Carter. Our leader. His mother was a famous model who ramp in many runways around the world while his father was a famous designer. They also own the largest textile company in the world. Code name: Labrador

And me. Well, what can I say about myself? I’m just a normal girl yet a dangerous gangster. I was born with a unique tattoo on the back of my shoulder, almost on my shoulder. It’s a black rose. And that’s where I get my code name, Dark Rose. I was the only one who can call Gavin by his second name, Dean. His parents want to give me inheritance but I rejected it though they’re giving me money monthly.

They feed me and treat me as a family. They lighten up my dark world. They’re by my side when I’m at my worst. I’m thankful.

I’m part of the Bloody Trio, the top three strongest Gangsta’s in the Black Book (Gangster Book). The Bloody Trio was the three dangerous princesses in Gangster World, which is known as Underworld. You’re an Underworld Gangster if you have a black handkerchief we used when we fight. I was the Daredevil Princess while the other two was Empress and Black Sovereign. We became the top three for defeating strong gangsters all over the world.

In Underworld, when you fight, you have the black handkerchief as a mask, you just write your code name using your blood to know who you are. You can fight everywhere you want, as long as you have the handkerchief, but some can also attack you even without it.

“Avery, the door bell is shouting for you to open it” King said so I gave him a glare,

“Why don’t you open it yourself?” I retorted and smirk. I don’t take orders, especially from Bryden Kingston.

“Oh, why don’t we fight and the loser will open the door” he said and smirks back. I smile back, “Why not?” I said and stand up on the couch while he stands up on the small table.

“Tiger- Crane style” I whisper

“Eagle- Claw style” he utters.

I run towards the table and kick its foot, the table break but he quickly jumps off from it. I kick him but he defended it using his right hands, I hit his hand to let go of my legs. He tried to punch me but I lay back on the air. I stand straight and punch his face which bled. He groans and gave me a kick which hit my waist. We are throwing punches and kicks with each other when I hit the vase. Because of that, he gave me a surprise punch and kick. Ok, this is enough!

 I run towards the wall and put my full left foot force in it. My left feet were on the wall. I turn my body and gave him a punch and a kick by my bent right knee.

He hit the side table and breaks it. He was breathing heavily, lying on the floor while smiling at me, “You really are Dark Rose” he said and smirk.

“Thanks for the quick fight Pelican, but you’re gonna open the door” I smirk back and sit on the couch again. Zoey shook her head while Clayton didn’t even care about what happen. Well, they’re used to it.

He opens the door and quickly run on his room, “What the hell?” I utter and look at the door,

My eyes widened and I quickly run and lock myself on my room too.  

Oh! It’s Dean!! We’re dead.

We break the vase, table and one side table with many figurines in it.

“MADIIIEEEEE!!!! KING!!!!!” I heard his shout echoed around the house.

Sh*t!

======

Okie, =D