Story of My Love

Broken Promises

Minah POV

The next day I woke up to a phone call.

"Yebosayo?" I answered half-asleep.

"Minah-yah! It's almost 11;00, you're still sleeping?" a very cheerful voice belonging to Chanyeol asked on the other side of the line.

"Neh..." I heard Chanyeol laugh on the other end.

"Get ready, I'll pick you up soon, let's hang out." my eyes widened at his request, did Chanyeol sunbae just ask me out?

"Oori man? (Just us?)" 

"Neh. Wae? If you feel uncomfortable then-"

"Aniyo, arasso, see you soon." 

Chanyeol picked me up 45 minutes after our phone call. He wanted to get bubble tea and go to the park. We went to the new bubble tea place near his dorm which, "Sehun is obssesed with." 

Chanyeol POV

Minah came outside of her house looking almost perfect, with her light-dark brown hair still wavy from the other night and and her sunglasses sitting on her head. We walked to the new bubble tea shop that Sehun was totally obssesed with. We walked in and I told Minah I'd order for her and she gets a table. I saw her sit at the table closest to the window and I couldn't help but notice that the sunlight made Minah look very beautiful, the way the rays shined down on her and...Chanyeol-ah get it together, you can't be in love with her.

 

Chanyeol brought over two bubble teas and sat across the table as he handed Minah her almond bubble tea. 

"Gomawo sunbae." she answered with a smile. There was an awkward silence until Chanyeol broke the silence.

"What made you fall for Hyunsuk?"

 

Minah POV

I almost choked on my bubble tea when Chanyeol sunbae asked me that question. 

"Why did you fall for Hyunsuk?" I looked at him and saw that he instantly regretted that question. "Mian, it's probably too personal..." He was rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly and smiled at his consideration.

"Aniyah, I'll tell you." Chanyeol put his hand down and tentively listened. "I remember when we met 2 years ago in high school, we bumped into each other and I dropped everything I was holding, my books, my scheduale, anything that was in my hands. It wasn't much but when I went to pick them up myself, he bent down to help me. I remember how kind his eyes looked when he handed me my things and his eye smile. We went on a few dates butafter the first one we connected. He was easy to talk to, I remember, and he always made me smile when I didn't want to and he was like a virus in that way, if he was happy, it made me happy too. It was also easy to tru-" I couldn't go on so I just looked up at Chanyeol sunbae. "Sorry if I'm boring you, but you asked, thanksfor listening though." I laughed trying to lighten the mood. Chanyeol grinned his famous white smile. 

"I'll tell you how I fell for Seoyoung." Chanyeol said as I looked up and he smiled with sadness in his eyes. 

Chanyeol POV 

"It was 6 years ago, she was giving flowers to a grave, but get this, it was for her elementary school teacher." I laughed remembering a 15 year old Seoyoung leaving a bouquet of flowers to her teacher. "She was always sweet like that, she was always so kind and gentle. Sometimes she'd scold me if I was teasing D.O or something. While we were dating I remember how she'd never like watching violent action movies because she didn't like seeing the guys get punched or something. It was funny because she'd hit me on the back of my head whenever she scolded me. Come to think of it actually-" I was interupted by looking into Minah's doe-like eyes. Her dark chocolate colored orbs connecting with mine. 

"Mwoyah sunbae?" Minah said "Come to think of it..?" 

Come to think of it, you're just like her.  

"Aniyah, it's nothing." I smiled widely, causing a smile to spread across Minah's face.