chapter 3

Comers, Goers, Stayers

firstly i bow in sincere apology.

i said i would updates weeks ago and clearly that didn't happen and i'm so so so so so so so sorry.

My computer broke and I had to get it fixed. And after that I don't know what happened I just couldn't get myself to write and get words flowing out of me i felt so horrible. i'm so sorry my lovely subscribers, commentors, and readers. i hope you understand and forgive and continue to read my story and feedback if you want to - like make suggestions for ideas or how you would like it better or what you think or whatever. whatever opinion you have it is greatly appreciated (unless it's slander or involves disrespect in any manner of course)

i blabbered too much but here you go the third chapter:

 

 

 

 

 

 

She doesn't realize how much she's slept until her doorbell rings. Bomi opens her eyes, staring sleepily and blankly at the ceiling from her sofa and angrily wondering who would visit her so early in the morning. She's tired. She's sleepy. The doorbell rings again and she stumbles out of her blankets cursing her jacket she stumbles over on the way. 

 

"Hello, who is it-" she starts off stoically when she busts the door open, "Oh my god LUHAN"

 

Before rationality, sensibility, or etiquette can get better grasp of her, Bomi leaps off her feet, wrapping her arms around Luhan's shoulders while her legs fasten around his waist. "I missed you, you cuddly cute little koala," she whines into his neck. 

 

"Heard you were back."

 

Releasing him, she eyes him up and down, noticing a sudden increase in height and shortness of his used-to-be-girlishly-long-hair. In turn, he squeezes her cheeks on either side, smiling at the incoherent blubbering of complaints. He doesn't let go and Bomi nearly knees in the crotch. 

 

"You should come in." She ushers him inside then apologizes for the dust, the disarranged luggage, and the eerie quietness of her flat. "This is what happens when you abandon a house for four years." 

 

Luhan hasn't visited her flat so often, not as often as Baekhyun has. He came for her birthday, and the next birthday, and perhaps some other parties she arbitrarily decided to host. After Luhan moved in though, his visits became more frequent; he delivered cookies his father baked; he helped Bomi do her monthly clean ups in her room; he brought over flowers because his mother was a florist. He remembered Bomi's avuncular father and her charming mother, and he never figured why they had to divorce. 

 

He gazes around the living room then back at the girl. 

 

"One second." After disappearing into the kitchen for a few seconds, she comes back out with a bucket, a broomstick, and a mop accompanied by an unreadable smile. "You know I'm not the sweetest girl in the world and you probably weren't expecting baskets of biscuits and cupcakes."

 

"Bomi are you-"

 

"Do you want the mop or the broom?"

 

He took the broom, but switched with Bomi five minutes later when he saw she was effectively producing puddles of soap everywhere. As a matter of fact, ten minutes later, he took both the broom and the mop and sent Bomi to sort out her belongings, refilling the empty closets and drawers. 

 

"Are you sure?" Her head peeks out of her room for the fifth time, frowning uncertainly. 

 

"Trust me, this is much more effective."

 

"Than having me out there messing things up," she expanded. Luhan is too nice to speak it out. 

 

He grins in a wordless affirmation and she grins back. "I wonder why it's so easy with you..." she murmurs and disappears into her room again. 

 

When Bomi flops onto the couch next to him it's already two in the afternoon. She hands him a bottle of water and he smiles because he knows it's her way of saying 'thank you so much Luhan I don't know what I would do without you.' It's two and Baekhyun and Chen haven't even visited to say hello. s

 

"Things changed a lot," she comments after a few minutes of silence.

 

He rotates his head and stares at her. She looks down. "Starting with people, to places, and stuff..."

 

He doesn't relate so he shuts himself and observes her. "I went to see Baekhyun yesterday," she explained, glancing at him, "and it was really ... disconcerting." 

 

Luhan chuckles at her ability to make everything sound like a Sherlock Holmes case. She laughs with him but pulls a straight face soon after. "No. But really. It was weird. Like it was off. Other than the fact that he looks weird physically." 

 

"Wait you visited him yesterday?"

 

"Yeah, is there anything wrong with that?"

 

"Yes. You should have visited me too."

 

She flicked his forehead.

 

"Kidding. But Baekhyun moved out yesterday."

 

"What do you mean he 'moved out'?"

 

"His parents got him an officetel just down the block."
 

"And the Chorong girl?"

 

"Oh right, Chorong. You would have met her. She's kind of the new kid in our group now," he says carefully, "joining us since high school."

 

Bomi isn't surprised. "I think I've got the fact that Baekhyun and the Chorong are pretty intimate yesterday." She's not sure if she's so thrilled. 

 

"I think everyone's just over at his officetel helping him sort his life out," Luhan concludes and fixes the strands of Bomi's hair that were sticking out. 

 

"Are you supposed to be there as well?" 

 

"No. They have plenty of helpers there already and - "

 

"Actually, let's just go together." Bomi bolts up from the couch. "Actually you know what I think I need to go shopping for some groceries. I have absolutely nothing in the fridge. Do you want to come? You're totally not obligated to." 

 

He blinks. "Sure, I don't mind. Do you maybe want to make a list of - "

 

"What kind of girl is Chorong?" Bomi cuts him in and dejectedly slouches back into her original seat. She is staring at the floor, or her feet, and twirling her long brown hair, an old habit, he noted, whenever she felt uneasy. 

 

"She's a sweet girl," he starts, "She's social and friendly. She's smart and hardworking as well. And she's sincere."

 

Bomi seems to be waiting for more.

 

Luhan wonders if it's right to tell her but he does anyway, "And I think Baekhyun really likes her."

 

She nods.

 

"So does Chen."

 

He's silent and Bomi giggles quietly. "Is your silence meant to imply that you don't?"

 

"I don't what?"

 

"Like her?"

 

He rolls his eyes good-naturedly. "Like I said. She's sweet." 

 

Bomi sighs. "That Chorong kind of sounds like me. You know, in the way that she has Baekhyun and Chen and you and school. Wasn't that me four years ago?" She laughs. "Oh and she laughs a lot. I used to laugh a lot." She laughs again.

 

"So?" She stands up again, this time pulling Luhan up with her, "Are we going to Baekhyun's?" She twirls her hair then fixes it back in place and as if suddenly remembering, "Oh no. We were going to get the groceries. Right. Damn. Where's paper?"

 

She circles 360 in her place, eyeing the floor as if paper might magically appear through the carpet. 

 

"No paper!" Bomi throws her arms in the air dramatically with a pushed smile. "Well you know what I'm not going to go grocery shopping. Never mind. I think I should go see my mom." She looks up at him for a few seconds, her fingers fidgeting in the hair locks again. "My mom. Right. You should go see how Baek's doing." 

 

Luhan frowns. She walks around him to get to the door but he grabs her arm before she can walk out. Gazing intently down at her, his focus shifting from her right eye to the left and back, he asks, "Are you okay?"

 

She stares back up at him, her eyes sparkling. He can't tell whether they're watery because tears don't fall, but he doesn't exactly remember human eyes being so moist either. "Yeah I'm perfectly fine and happy I can run with the ponies under the rainbow! Anything wrong?" 

 

Luhan blinks then pulls her into his embrace. She doesn't cry or spill whatever she's containing inside, but she doesn't budge either. He holds her locked, resting his cheek against her head, and rubs her back soothingly. Her body is too cold. Whatever facade Yoon Bomi is forcing up in front of him he neither likes nor appreciates her pretense. He feels her arms crawl behind his waist slowly and tightens his hug.

 

Despite the drumming heartbeat and his fluttering stomach. 

 


 

 

 

 

----------------

by the way

thank you helloimiga, hi98lines, CJWorks, aegyo_kpop92, kiwiyu, eyethelaw for upvoting

and thank you readers

and thank you subsribers